So apparently Deadpool is getting a game...

Dansen

Master Lurker
Mar 24, 2010

I'm not sure how I feel about it, especially since they haven't shown any gameplay in the trailer. I do like Deadpool, so if its good I might buy it. But I just can't shake the feeling that this has been done before...

...oh yeah...

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
Deadpool, huh. Never got into him. He seemed pretty much a more violent Ambush Bug to me.

TriggerUnhappy

Mar 4, 2009
Meh. I'm actually a pretty big fan of Deadpool, so that says something. Honestly, all I could really think about during the trailer was:
1) Why isn't Grasshopper Manufacture making this?
and 2) How long is it until "Nolan North: The Game" becomes a reality?

Here's to hoping, but I doubt there's going to be much at all as far as gameplay goes. Oh, and seeing how this developer mainly makes movie tie-ins, is this a sign of a Deadpool movie? Because THAT could be interesting.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
I read Deadpool for a while. I remember crossdressing, gay jokes, & him having a thing for fat chicks & not really paying attention to things like boobies. I want THAT Deadpool. Having a thing for attractive women & only women is so boringly cliche for someone as weird as him.

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
Weren't there 3 threads about this already?

Yeah, it looks interesting. Believe I've said that already.

TriggerUnhappy

Mar 4, 2009
likalaruku said:
I thought Deadpool was bisexual with a preference for really fat chicks Bea Arthur. Being attracted to attractive women is incredibly boring for a comedic character.
Fixed that for you.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
TriggerUnhappy said:
likalaruku said:
I thought Deadpool was bisexual with a preference for really fat chicks Bea Arthur. Being attracted to attractive women is incredibly boring for a comedic character.
Fixed that for you.
Yeah, Bea Arther & uh....Cable. Oh hey, my Capcha is "nose bleed." lol.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Unlike Duke Nukem, Deadpool does not exist in a world custom-designed to pander to his ego, a fact from which much of the comedy in his stories emerges. Hopefully the game will be aware of this.

Phase_9

Oct 18, 2008
The difference being that Duke Nukem Forever was a 13 year old piece of trash that had been translated across so many different engines by so many different design teams that it became the video game equivalent of a festering pile of sick while this is a fresh IP done by a company that has a good track record of not letting their employees screw around for over a decade on the company's dime.

Also, not showing the gameplay in the first teaser trailer is pretty common. If the only game to do it recently had been Duke Nukem, fine. But almost every game does this. Heck, every Assassin's Creed 3 teaser has so far had zero gameplay and only a little more rendered cutscenes. Most of them have been dominated by actual, real-life footage. But no one is comparing it to the trainwreck that was Duke Nukem.

Kind of sounds like you're getting ready to be negative for no real reason.