So Bronies, your thoughts on MLP:FiM season 2.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
If you are not a brony, please go away since this thread is not for you at all.

If you are a brony though, what are your thoughts on season 2 as a whole? What was your favorite episode and what was your least favorite episode. If you want go ahead and list the 26 episodes in terms of quality. Also spoilers on the season finale should obviously be put in spoiler tags.

My favorite episode is definitely the season finale, when I watched it today it just blew me away.
Three amazing songs, a twist I really did not expect and a villian that actually was really threatening. I loved the bit at the end of part 1 where Cadence comforts Twilight then sends her in a fire circle down to the caves below. Also, the changelings looked badass, can't wait for the fanart of them to be made.

My least favorite episode was probably ummm, actually I loved all of them. None of them made me think "COME ON, THAT WAS CRAP!" they all gave me a really special, happy feeling.

Dec 14, 2009
I thought it was the poniest pony that ever ponied a pony.

[sub]I don't watch MLP but I imagine my statement is eerily accurate.[/sub]

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:

I find it would be an honor if you derailed my thread. But let's wait a few more posts until you do that.

Also, any ideas for your next british food thread?

Dec 14, 2009
ToastiestZombie said:
Daystar Clarion said:

I find it would be an honor if you derailed my thread. But let's wait a few more posts until you do that.

Also, any ideas for your next british food thread?

I've just posted the latest one, I don't need to think of anything new for a while yet.

Also, you don't get to decide when I derail threads, that's my artistic integrity your're questioning.

Dec 14, 2009
Matthew94 said:
Daystar Clarion said:

Surely this whole derailment thing you have going on is against the rules as it is a consistent thing just to ruin threads.

Mod action must be taken, if it is not then the mods are corrupt and must be removed at all costs.

Here it is people, either the end of Daystar or the end of the reign of the mods. March madness, now April Uprising!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/codeofconduct

Trolling
Posting inflammatory, extraneous or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion
Oh come on :D

My post was on topic!

I was never intending to derail this thread, just wanted to to pony this place up a bit.

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
Firstly, user group link:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/MLP-Friendship-is-Magic
I recommend that anyone who joins uncheck "Chat Notifications" when prompted as the group chat tends to be quite active.

Favorite episode? I dunno, none of them really stand out in my mind. Well, maybe Dragon Quest, for finally having a Spike episode.

(Wow, this thread got off to a terrible start. This is why we can't have nice things.)

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
I thought the finale was the best episode I've ever seen, but season 2 as a whole wasnt as good.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
DAMN IT TOAST *I* WAS GOING TO USE CHRYSALIS AS AN AVATAR but Photoshop was giving me grief so I thought I'd do it later.

Chrysalis was awesome.

Robert632

May 11, 2009
Overall, I thought season 2, while having some great episodes in the beginning and end, really didn't hold up so well in the middle. Still good, mind you, just not as good.

Favourite episode:Hmm...Either Lesson Zero or Hurricane Fluttershy.

Least Favourite:The one where AJ runs away for not winning all 1st place. Can't even remember its name.

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
Robert632 said:
Least Favourite:The one where AJ runs away for not winning all 1st place. Can't even remember its name.
The Last Roundup. Otherwise known as the Derpy episode.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Loop Stricken said:
DAMN IT TOAST *I* WAS GOING TO USE CHRYSALIS AS AN AVATAR but Photoshop was giving me grief so I thought I'd do it later.

Chrysalis was awesome.
Beat you there! I agree, Chrysalis shall rival Discord as one of the most awesome cartoon villains of all time. Others include Plankton from Spongebob, the guy from Inspector Gadget and other awesome villains.

SPARTANXIII

Nov 24, 2009
Well, I have only one thing to say about the final two-parter:

Seriously, think about the Changelings:
Their huge hordes
Their "Indoctrination"
The big bad (Chrysalis) with Yellow(?) eyes
The attack of whole citizens of a big city
The Crucible-esc blast at the end, wiping them away

I can now say that MLP had a better ending to the Reaper threat....than Mass Effect!

As for favourite episode, I'm gonna go with the "MMMystery on the Friendship Express"
(No PN00B's, that MMM isn't a typo)

It had Mystery, it had a Crime to solve, it had references to 007 and it was just pure mindless parody. I LOVED it!

And to any haters here, here's something else you may hate, combined with what you hate here, to give you a cross-over punch to the Balls!

Word!

requisitename

Dec 29, 2011
ToastiestZombie said:
Not a "brony" and I don't normally say anything in these threads, but, jeez. If you know that people are going to be annoyed by a thread to the point where you feel the first thing you must do is tell them to do is go away, why make it? There's a user group that you're a part of where you can discuss precisely this with a bunch of other people who want to discuss things like this with you. The only reason I can possibly see that you (since you obviously know about the user group) would post this here is to annoy people who don't like MLP/MLP threads.

So.. well done, I guess?

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
requisitename said:
The only reason I can possibly see that you (since you obviously know about the user group) would post this here is to annoy people who don't like MLP/MLP threads.
Or maybe it's because the Escapist user groups are comically inadequate for carrying on any sort of focused discussion? And anyone who gets annoyed at the existence of a thread that they do not wish to take part in has plenty of other issues to deal with.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
requisitename said:
ToastiestZombie said:
Not a "brony" and I don't normally say anything in these threads, but, jeez. If you know that people are going to be annoyed by a thread to the point where you feel the first thing you must do is tell them to do is go away, why make it? There's a user group that you're a part of where you can discuss precisely this with a bunch of other people who want to discuss things like this with you. The only reason I can possibly see that you (since you obviously know about the user group) would post this here is to annoy people who don't like MLP/MLP threads.

So.. well done, I guess?
because they are but it moves too quickly and is entwined with loads of other posts about other shit.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
requisitename said:
ToastiestZombie said:

So.. well done, I guess?
No, why shouldn't bronies be allowed to have a thread at the end of season 2 (A BIG event for bronies) to discuss their favorite episodes. We could do that in the group I guess but the chat system in place is terrible for discussions when more than 3 people are talking at once. So no, I didn't make this to annoy people.

SPARTANXIII

Nov 24, 2009
requisitename said:
ToastiestZombie said:

So.. well done, I guess?
Would you rather we clogged up our own message board with our opinions at to what a great series it was and what our thoughts on our favourite series episode was?

Don't answer that, I can guess what you're going to say....

And someone was bound to do this anyway, so why not just do it now and direct any "Why is all this MLP stuff around" threads here as well. There, I answered your rebuttal earlier than first.

SaikyoKid

Sep 1, 2011
requisitename said:
ToastiestZombie said:

So.. well done, I guess?
It might just be a chance for those who wish to talk about it to talk about it in a place that doesn't necessarily move at such a fast pace. And I'm pretty sure that statement was just put there to kinda forego the whole thread going up in flames from hatred thing.

Edit: Whelp, I'm awful late to that bandwagon. Don't mind me then. Silly phone is so slow to type with.