So Bronies, your thoughts on MLP:FiM season 2.

Suncatcher

May 11, 2011
penguindude42 said:
I'll care once my ideas* are used. And when the theme song is removed. :mad:

*[small]An undead necromancer, HUMANS, Celestia doing evil stuff, a mostly-shapeless blob of hate itself, the name "Ditzy Doo", that sort of stuff.[/small]
You know that Jayson Thiessen has said in interview that there will never be humans in Equestria, right? Sorry...

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
Suncatcher said:
Neverhoodian said:
Eomega123 said:
kiwi_poo said:
Though I never really got where the Changelings came from. Was there previous mention of them, or did they (writers) pull them (Changelings) out of their (writers') asses?
The changelings have always been there. Look in the background. Those Colgate duplicates? They're changelings. An extra Lyra? She's a changeling. Bon Bon showing up somewhere she shouldn't be? Changeling. Why do you think they were able to launch an attack on Equestria's capital without anypony else noticing? They have a vast network of informants and sleeper agents, an entire army hiding right under Celestia's nose. There are no continuity errors in MLP:FIM, no animation glitches, no lazy animators. Every mistake we thought we caught was just a changeling being careless. But they're not gone, and they will strike again, and we'll never see it coming.
It's more than that. You know how Pinkie can appear in 3+ places at once? How she can apparently use magic and ignore gravity despite being an earth pony? How if you run from her she's already at your destination, regardless of your speed? How she's driven to make friends with everypony and when she thinks she's lost her best friends she gets all grey and droopy? How she's completely different from the rest of the Pie family? How she doesn't seem to have anything resembling a normal digestive system? Even in the fight at the wedding, when she says "I've seen better" to a changeling that did her.
Pinkie Pie is actually a half-dozen changelings, feeding on the whole town's love for them. It explains everything.

Anyways...yeah.. Not sure what to say after that. At all.

OT: I can't wait for S3. It gonna be awesome since it been reported that Discord is coming back. WOOO!

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
Suncatcher said:
penguindude42 said:
I'll care once my ideas* are used. And when the theme song is removed. :mad:

*[small]An undead necromancer, HUMANS, Celestia doing evil stuff, a mostly-shapeless blob of hate itself, the name "Ditzy Doo", that sort of stuff.[/small]
You know that Jayson Thiessen has said in interview that there will never be humans in Equestria, right? Sorry...
I for one don't understand why anyone would want humans to appear in the show. Maybe I'm just hopelessly cynical, but I don't think my suspension of disbelief would extend to humans acting as, well, as good as the ponies do. And if they weren't as good, then I don't see what point they would serve other than to make negative commentary on human nature, which I get quite enough of from my other entertainment (and real life, for that matter).

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
That Final song was amazing. I have to wonder though, would I/we even like it if it was under a different context, Say at the end of a Wizards of Waverly Place movie. Disney-esqu that song also is yes, but is it the good Disney?

Seanfall

May 3, 2011
Tucker154 said:
Season 2 I think was very good. It focused more on the relationship between characters more than the characters themselves better than season 1, the animation was (obviously) better, and well...
The finale was absolutely amazing. The animation was definitely kicked up a notch, the story was well paced, Queen Chyralis is just awesome. No, seriously, favorite villain so far. Unlike Discord or NMM, she actual planned things out, which gave me a vibe that she could actually win, though she obviously wouldn't cause its a kids show. And the songs.

They got Disney in my ponies. And its absolutely amazing.
Yeah Chryalis was a great villain. Creepy look, creepy voice, She planned things out. And hell in her song even says 'i'm gonna keep him for funnsies.' Speaking of that song...it is perfectly put together. The switch ups between Evil Cadence and Real Cadence. The Expressions on both their faces, the musical change up's just a great song that I can't get out of my head.

Also they never said the Changelings are done they got flung all over the place. I don't think we've seen the last of them.

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
Seanfall said:
Also they never said the Changelings are done they got flung all over the place. I don't think we've seen the last of them.
I hope not, but considering the show's format I wouldn't be surprised if they were just never mentioned again. Look at what happened to Luna, and she's a critical part of the setting.

Seanfall

May 3, 2011
Aidinthel said:
Seanfall said:
I hope not, but considering the show's format I wouldn't be surprised if they were just never mentioned again. Look at what happened to Luna, and she's a critical part of the setting.
Good point. If they don't it would be a waste of a ready made villain/plot. Changelings start popping around Ponyville and other places sowing...DISCORD! which awakens the being from slumber AGAIN. And Da Da Da! another war only this time Discord just makes the elements disappear halfway round the world. (cause I'm assuming he can't destroy them.) And restarts his chaos empire. With the Changelings helping out for some reason i'm not smart enough to come up with.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
I don't know if I could be considered a brony. So I hope you don't mind.

Found it dreadful. I noticed straight away the writing had changed, mainly how the story's were written and the characters altogether. Straight into unlikable morons that were more annoying than funny, like the latest Family Guy.

BlazeRaider

Dec 25, 2009
Nice villain, good story, would have liked it if there was a bit more reliability on the part of the Equestrian army, seemed kinda weird to me in the middle of an invasion all the guards suddenly disappeared. When the mane cast were cornered by all those changelings I was kinda hoping for a crowning moment of awesome where all the guards pop out and engage the changelings in an epic pg-13 battle to allow Twilight and her friends to escape, but meh, small disappointment.

I am now secretly waiting for the inevitably influx of Queen Chrysalis x Discord.

*posts*

...wait crap. IGNORE THAT LAST BIT!

Tucker154

Jul 20, 2009
Seanfall said:
Tucker154 said:
Season 2 I think was very good. It focused more on the relationship between characters more than the characters themselves better than season 1, the animation was (obviously) better, and well...
The finale was absolutely amazing. The animation was definitely kicked up a notch, the story was well paced, Queen Chyralis is just awesome. No, seriously, favorite villain so far. Unlike Discord or NMM, she actual planned things out, which gave me a vibe that she could actually win, though she obviously wouldn't cause its a kids show. And the songs.

They got Disney in my ponies. And its absolutely amazing.
Yeah Chryalis was a great villain. Creepy look, creepy voice, She planned things out. And hell in her song even says 'i'm gonna keep him for funnsies.' Speaking of that song...it is perfectly put together. The switch ups between Evil Cadence and Real Cadence. The Expressions on both their faces, the musical change up's just a great song that I can't get out of my head.

While I would love to see them again, I doubt we will hear from the changelings, again aside from a couple of mentions, do to the fact that the series tends to be more slice of life than adventure. Maybe we'll see the changelings in another special, but I doubt that we would, as I think they will probably come up with another villain instead of recycling them.

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
BlazeRaider said:
Nice villain, good story, would have liked it if there was a bit more reliability on the part of the Equestrian army, seemed kinda weird to me in the middle of an invasion all the guards suddenly disappeared.
Yeah, they looked pretty cool at the beginning marching around win formation with their spears (how were they holding those, anyway?), and then they apparently didn't put up any sort of fight at all. In retrospect it may be kind of a bad idea for Canterlot's defenses to depend entirely on one guy.

Oh, new page! User group link time!
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/MLP-Friendship-is-Magic
I recommend that anyone who watches the show uncheck "Chat Notifications" when it prompts you as the group chat tends to be quite active.

Suncatcher

May 11, 2011
Aidinthel said:
I for one don't understand why anyone would want humans to appear in the show. Maybe I'm just hopelessly cynical, but I don't think my suspension of disbelief would extend to humans acting as, well, as good as the ponies do. And if they weren't as good, then I don't see what point they would serve other than to make negative commentary on human nature, which I get quite enough of from my other entertainment (and real life, for that matter).
Well, I like to think that pony culture is what humans would be like if they had magic providing enough food, shelter, etc. for everyone so there's no conflict over resources, an immortal ruler keeping the peace for thousands of years so there's no conflict over politics, and a physical god-empress that you can literally go up and talk to face to face, so there's no conflict over religion. You know how well-off college kids just can't imagine why anyone would fight petty little wars in south africa? Imagine if the entire world were that well-off and idealistic.

That said, including humans in Equestria would be a mistake. At best they're completely unnecessary, and they'd probably screw a lot of things. Not to mention giving some of the older viewers unpleasant G1 "Megan" flashbacks.

Seanfall said:
Good point. If they don't it would be a waste of a ready made villain/plot. Changelings start popping around Ponyville and other places sowing...DISCORD! which awakens the being from slumber AGAIN. And Da Da Da! another war only this time Discord just makes the elements disappear halfway round the world. (cause I'm assuming he can't destroy them.) And restarts his chaos empire. With the Changelings helping out for some reason i'm not smart enough to come up with.
Plausible. John de Lancie has confirmed that they had him to a voice for another episode which has not aired yet, so there's a high probability that Discord is back in season 3. And Chrysalis was just tossed out of town, not sealed in stone, so she could return at any time. Anybody have an information on Kathleen Barr's recent activities?