So do you ever type out a post and then change your mind and delete it?

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
All the freaking time.

Like... (retyped this 5 times for this reason)
People like to moan about things. And beeing part of a group where are alot of presumptions (which are not neccesary true) about don't help some statements.

I guess you could say I am cautious of putting forward an opinion that people can take as a stepping stone to moan at me personally, without knowing me. (Happens before, quite often. Which is weird. People preaching acceptance but still passing on some feelings of hatred or disgust. Which is allright, you're allowed of an opinion but let's not generalise entire groups based on one or a few run-ins.)

erm.. Got carried away there.
What I ment is, I change my writings alot. I try not to evoke another discussion based on something -absolutely- not on topic. But some people are hard to avoid in that way.

Dreadman75

Jul 6, 2011
Yup, plenty of times. It mostly happens if, as you said, it doesn't need to be said or if I'm afraid something I say is going to be taken the wrong way. It's difficult to determine what emotion someone else will feel towards something that's been typed, that's what usually gets me.

Magicmad5511

May 26, 2011
I do this all the time. Normally because I feel I'm either being offensive, or just that my opinion is pointless to mention.
I always try to be polite and articulate my thoughts into manner to be understood well in written form while trying to be funny or understanding. This is not helped by the fact my mind is slightly paranoid of people getting offended.
Still I manage to get most of my thoughts posted, normally in ranting posts but that's another problem.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
AngryMongoose said:
Damn near half my posts.

Usually for reasons along the lines of "This is too God Damn Long/Difficult To Articulate/Stoopid".
This.
I'd already have broken 10K if I posted everything I wrote on here.
Of course, I'd prolly have gotten into some mod troubles if I did.

Considering all the nonsense I post, be afraid of what I omit. XD

Still, knowing when not to post is an invaluable part of my Neo. Not everything needs to be said.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Every third post I'd say.

I do it for the following reasons

• Too hard or long to tell it
    Someones already told it or told it better
    Can't think of anything to contribute
    Too offensive
    Just not worth it

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
I visit this site regularly.
I guess my post count speaks for itself.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
ironically, i was going to reply but couldn't think of how to word it so deleted it and wrote this instead

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
All the time.

I will stare at my potential post, and either think, "I'm way too tired to be typing here," or "Fuck it, it's not worth it."

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
Heronblade said:
I'm a Republican leaning (although technically independent) individual who mostly posts in a heavily Democrat dominated politics forum.

The answer is all of the freaking time.
Well. Like half this forum arent even American so saying its heavily Democrat dominated. Is pretty wrong.

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
Yes, I've done it numerous of times. Sometimes it ends with me not posting at all in that thread, instead of changing my post.

>_> _> *turns around and walks out*

Stoic raptor

Jul 19, 2009
I always do that. I usually stop because what I am going to say will have already been said (multiple times), is stupid, or is not giving anything important to the topic (while others don't want replies, I enjoy them).

I usually don't post on threads with 2 pages or more, usually for the 1st reason. I always read the entire thread before posting, so I dont bother with posting.

Chasing-The-Light

Jul 16, 2011
I do that. Type a whole thing out, go back and re-read it and realize people might not understand what I'm trying to say, or might take it the wrong way and jump down my throat about it. So I just end up deleting it all. >.>

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
I do it a lot, but it's mostly because I'm shy or what I want to say has been said already.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
A lot of the time, because many of my posts would get me banned if I actually posted them, even if the people I write them too deserve it.

Also, observational point that I enjoy, I like how many people say yeah they do because what they've wanted to say has already been said.

See, normally I would delete that last bit. I won't this time, it shows people what I mean.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
I usually type out what I want to say but go back and self edit and correct it before I post it. That way I don't forget things like punctuation and I will add in the odd word to make sentences flow better.

super_mumbles

Sep 24, 2008
About 3/4 of my posts end up like that.

I reread it once I've typed it and think

"Would this really bring anything relevant to the thread that hasn't already been stated at least a few times?"

Then I delete it.

Uber Evil

Mar 4, 2009
Yes, quite often actually. I try not to piss of too many people and generally keep my opinion to myself, so anything that might piss people off in the slightest I delete. Also I delete it if it is now irrelevant and pointless to the thread.