So do you ever type out a post and then change your mind and delete it?

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Yup, 1 in 5 or so don't get posted because I cannot articulate my point without writing an essay.

Other times I start writing and realize that I'm really not contributing anything so I stop. Although non-contribution posts still find their way in from time to time if I'm in the mood.

Spy_Guy

Mar 16, 2010
That's what happens to about 99% of my posts.

As they generally turn out to be just another drip in an ocean of similar posts, why bother.
This one included.
Who bothers to read these things?

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
A ton of my posts and about 90% of my threads. I try to think really hard about making a good response or topic but if my post seems less than well thought out or, I feel like I've been awake for too long and I end up rambling about a shitload of other things.

dickywebster

Jul 11, 2011
Sometimes, if i realise few people will understand what im trying to say or if its way way too long

iLazy

Aug 6, 2011
Yep. I be typing away then realize that the thread I'm currently on doesn't really need my imput.

Infact I was thinking about deleting this too...

Jan 27, 2011
Crono1973 said:
Sometimes I type out an entire post, spending 5 or 10 minutes getting my thoughts together and typing it out and just when I am about to post it I think, "this doesn't need to be said" and I delete it.

Does anyone else do that?
That happens to me so damn much it's insane. I'll have a whole post done, and then go "...Do I REALLY want to say that out loud on the internet for all to see?" before closing the tab. Glad to see I'm not alone.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
I was gonna respond but...

EDIT: ok, so yeah, most of the time I just realise that there's little point adding to a 2+ page thread; no-one will read it unless it's a direct quote, no-one cares, and the last thing the internet needs is censorship... though another meaningless opinion is up there in the list.

*adds to 2+ page thread, gets read by no-one... and nothing of value was lost >.>*

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I do it quite often and if I have that hesitation, I really consider if I want to hear the responses and if its good enough for this site.

Kadoodle

Nov 2, 2010
I'm often too lazy to fill in a captcha...I hate those things with a passion.

And rules 11 and 12 of the internet, of course.

the27thvoice

Aug 19, 2010
Often, usually because I find I can't express my views better than has already been done by others, and I can't stand a +1 attitude.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Spy_Guy said:
That's what happens to about 99% of my posts.

As they generally turn out to be just another drip in an ocean of similar posts, why bother.
This one included.
Who bothers to read these things?
I know, right? It's all so... meaningless after the first page of relevant discussion. Unless you've got a particularly cutting remark or astute observation - but even then someone probably beat you to it. The only other point is to quote other people who agree with you for the brief warm glow of mutual assertion...

On a side note, don't you hate it when you post, then scroll up and see a post you want to reply to and end up making messy double posts because editing in quotes doesn't send a notification and therefore is pointless?

ComicsAreWeird

Oct 14, 2010
Sometimes i edit my posts when i realize that my text is too incoherent or has too many errors. But most of the time i´m too lazy to do that.

Feylynn

Feb 16, 2010
All the damn time.
In fact since everything I would have said has already been said and I don't have any particular insight beyond that this is one of the threads I would have hopped into with a sentence then just left it to everyone else.

Some things are just already said, to hard to articulate, to provocative to bother, or otherwise unnecessary.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
I do that as well. Either I feel my opinion has already been expressed but in better wording or that what I was going to say is just being worded poorly.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Often.

Usually under the guise of, "What the fuck am I doing here (this forum)? Who cares what I have to say about this shit?!"

Geamo

Aug 27, 2008
Literally all the time, because the threads I do read tend to have already gone on for a page or two and so I get the feeling that "Everything I could have contributed to this topic has been expressed before, and so this'll just be a meaningless post that nobody will read"

SonicKaos

Jan 21, 2011
Almost never. I've started writing like a sentance and then noticed there were already 6 pages of responses on them before and hit delete I suppose. Then I feel mine has probably been gone over before anyway. However, if I actually have a lot written down it's because I wanted to say it, and it will get posted even if I'm not fully happy with it. Otherwise, it's just a waste of time anyway... Might as well waste someone else's time when they read it :p

Edit: If I go to respond to a thread and the captcha pops up, I usually abandon posting unless it was something I really wanted to say.

MetalMonkey74

Jul 24, 2009
Absolutely.

I guess all we would need to do is let our fingers vent what they need, Then we actually read it and say... meh.

The opposite of that, is trolling :D