So Escapist! What University will you be attending? (/do you attend?)

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Wickatricka said:
community college lol :(
It's okay that's where I started as well :(. Well not really a community college it's a full University it's just in my hometown in buttfuck texas and not that great of a school.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
Well that depends what you want to do.

As a shopping destination, it's no better than any other city.

Got a few museums that are worth visiting though, like The Galleries of Justice (I actually volunteered there) and Nottingham Castle.
You missed out getting shot. Hehe, Shottingham.

OT: Hoping to go spend another 4 years ripping shit up at Leeds University! Ripping it up theoretical physics style, this time with a bit of comp and lab in the mix. Boo-ya!

ChildishLegacy

Apr 16, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Just saw your title thingy and felt the immediate urge to link:
Game grumps is actually ruining all attempts of getting anything done within a 5m radius of my computer. 7 AYSSEES.

OT:
I'm heading out to start at Cambridge (Studying physical sciences) in a couple of weeks time. I'm really looking forward to it but I'm nervous as FEWK. I've also been told by my friends that if I get rid of my scummy Grimsby accent for an upper class one they'll stab my vocal chords out of my throat.

Zantos said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Well that depends what you want to do.

As a shopping destination, it's no better than any other city.

Got a few museums that are worth visiting though, like The Galleries of Justice (I actually volunteered there) and Nottingham Castle.
You missed out getting shot. Hehe, Shottingham.

OT: Hoping to go spend another 4 years ripping shit up at Leeds University! Ripping it up theoretical physics style, this time with a bit of comp and lab in the mix. Boo-ya!
Were you at any of the open/applicants days for Leeds physics? Theoretical physics was one of my UCAS choices there, might have actually seen/talked to you if so xD

WinkyTheGreat

Sep 6, 2008
Attended The Ohio State University from 2007 to 2011 and got my Bachelors degree in Psychology. Now I'm at The University of Akron working on a Masters in Marriage and Family Counseling (because a Bachelors in Psychology gets you no where)

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
WinkyTheGreat said:
Attended The Ohio State University from 2007 to 2011 and got my Bachelors degree in Psychology. Now I'm at The University of Akron working on a Masters in Marriage and Family Counseling (because a Bachelors in Psychology gets you no where)
Oh jesus, how expensive is that going to be?

I just graduated with my degree in Psychology, but I'm planning on going on a completely different route. I have considered going for my PharmD, though.

WinkyTheGreat

Sep 6, 2008
LetalisK said:
WinkyTheGreat said:

I just graduated with my degree in Psychology, but I'm planning on going on a completely different route. I have considered going for my PharmD, though.
It's only a two and a half year program. So all together I'll have an additional $60,000 in loan debt (not something I'm looking forward to paying back...) I've also got licensure fees (which exist for some reason) to deal with once I've graduated. All in all, I'll be close to about $80,000 in debt between my undergraduate and graduate degrees.

All of this to be underpaid; starting at about $40,000 a year =P

Captcha: "Leave Me alone" . Apparently it's moody tonight

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
None for the forseable future, poverty stricken highschool dropout here, gonna be in my mid 30s before i can even start any of that, not that I'm not intelligent enough, life just shat on me and my family pretty hard over the last couple generations... So providing I do eventually get into higher education if I survive that long, I have no idea where I'll end up...

Odinsson

Jun 11, 2011
Currently studying a Bachelor of Arts, History major at the University of Queensland, Australia. We have a pretty damn gorgeous campus, but no awesome mascots like Michigan or Missouri

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
WinkyTheGreat said:
LetalisK said:
WinkyTheGreat said:

It's only a two and a half year program. So all together I'll have an additional $60,000 in loan debt (not something I'm looking forward to paying back...) I've also got licensure fees (which exist for some reason) to deal with once I've graduated. All in all, I'll be close to about $80,000 in debt between my undergraduate and graduate degrees.

All of this to be underpaid; starting at about $40,000 a year =P

Captcha: "Leave Me alone" . Apparently it's moody tonight
._. Huh, maybe I'll give that a try instead. The program at a nearby university is a combo PharmD/Ph.D program that takes seven years(edit: well, for me anyway. Add two years because I don't have a lot of the prereqs). The prospect of spending seven more years in school makes me weep. Not to mention I'd probably end up with debt in the six digits.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
TK421 said:
[small]We're MSU as well.[/small]
Bleed Green or get out. There's no inbetween.
[small]Besides, y'all aren't even ranked[/small]

Capatcha: Heated Debate

WinkyTheGreat

Sep 6, 2008
LetalisK said:
It all depends on what you want to do. I've personally always wanted to do counseling and teaching, so this will allow me to do that. If you're more interested in PharmD, go for that. Sure you'd be in school a lot longer, but you'll also probably be making a lot more than I will.

TK421

Apr 16, 2009
Pimppeter2 said:
TK421 said:
[small]We're MSU as well.[/small]
Bleed Green or get out. There's no inbetween.
[small]Besides, y'all aren't even ranked[/small]

Capatcha: Heated Debate
Yeah, we suck at sports. The baseball/basketball teams aren't terrible though. But it's a pretty good school. Aside from the corruption of the administration/mishandling of funds and such.

Epidemiix

Custom Title Yay!
Jan 3, 2012
LCCC...Luzerne Country Community College.
....Well...only for this year...then I am going to try and apply for either Champlain or Digipen. :D
(And hopefully get accepted.)

Faladorian

May 3, 2010
None at all.

Everything about college sounds like a big ol' heap of putrified dog shit. NO thank you.

I could have (and told all my relatives I would just to get them off my back) gone to a Community College, but I said screw it because I have no future career in mind whatsoever, so it would really just be more High School. Which was retarded.

Well, it'd be like high school except much more expensive. And I'm the worst kind of student. Loud, obnoxious, lazy.. I got my diploma by passing by 1 point, a 66%.

Long story short, it'd be a waste of money because I wouldn't do any work or really even go to class unless I was coerced. I like learning new things, but the idea of "required courses" gives a big fat NOPE. If I have to take any math or english classes, I'll work minimum wage for the rest of my life.

Sandernista

Feb 26, 2009
Easton Dark said:
Best eastern state, representin'
Obviously you've never been outside of Indiana, the opposite is true ;]

OT: I go to the tiniest liberal arts school you've never heard of.