So Escapist! What University will you be attending? (/do you attend?)

BytByte

Nov 26, 2009
Still waiting to start at UCLA this year while the rest of my friends have already done 2-3 weeks. I have had about a half year of summer vacation.

Shadow flame master

Jul 1, 2011
I am currently attending Jackson State University, home to the JSU Tigers, to major in Computer engineering.

For anybody who wants/cares to know, it's in Mississippi, home of the Southern Miss Golden Eagles, MSU Bulldogs, and the Ole Miss Rebels Bears.

Sprinal

Jan 27, 2010
University of Western Sydney...

Yeah we know we aren't as good as the other uni's in the state.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Swinburne University of technology. My campus is shutting down though. :(

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Faladorian said:
None at all.

Everything about college sounds like a big ol' heap of putrified dog shit. NO thank you.

I could have (and told all my relatives I would just to get them off my back) gone to a Community College, but I said screw it because I have no future career in mind whatsoever, so it would really just be more High School. Which was retarded.

Well, it'd be like high school except much more expensive. And I'm the worst kind of student. Loud, obnoxious, lazy.. I got my diploma by passing by 1 point, a 66%.

Long story short, it'd be a waste of money because I wouldn't do any work or really even go to class unless I was coerced. I like learning new things, but the idea of "required courses" gives a big fat NOPE. If I have to take any math or english classes, I'll work minimum wage for the rest of my life.
Why not try a technical school? Build AC units n shit

Faladorian

May 3, 2010
DugMachine said:
Why not try a technical school? Build AC units n shit
I'm not sure of any within a feasible area.

I did apply to a technical high school when I was in 8th grade, but I didn't get in.

---

And now my GPA is even lower than it was in middle school. Last I checked it was below 1.7 or maybe even 1.5

Magicite Spring

Apr 15, 2012
I go to the University of Auckland, and I'm studying Mechatronics Engineering and Japanese. In my second year (of five) right now and due to us in New Zealand being different from you in England and USA, I'm already halfway through the second semester of the year.

Just finishing our mid-semester break actually. 'Twas a good break, got to play through Arkham City and it was just as good as I was hoping. But now I have to actually do work :(

Andrewtheeviscerator

It's Leviosahhhhhhh
Feb 23, 2012
Started my second year at Macewan this year. It's the other University in Edmonton, became one 5 years ago I think. In the Bachelor of Arts program majoring in Political Science, then going into the education department at the University of Alberta.

Cabo Setek

Jan 3, 2012
Does the Community College of the Air Force count? I ship out in January, and I can't wait.

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
I attended Delft University of Technology, got a BSc. in Architecture and never finished my MSc. in Building Technology.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Don't fucking remind me. I have to arrange a mature age entry test as well as my degree preferences by the end of the month.

Assuming I get offered a place it'll either be Adelaide University or the University of South Australia.

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
I'm in my senior year of high school and I still don't know what I want to do with my life. I'm leaning towards DePaul only because I know it's a good school. As for what I'll do when I get there, still don't know. :/

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
I'll hopefully be starting a BA of psychology next year at Adelaide University. With some luck I'll studying a semester at a Canadian University, most likely McMaster at this point, so I can spend some time with my dad.

AZT00Z

Aug 9, 2010
I currently attend University of Florida.

Well at least it's cheap since I live instate

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
BlueberryMUNCH said:
Hi guys, been a while since I've made a thread haha. How are you all?

SO, I'm not sure how things are outside of the UK, but University terms start very soon!
I'm just curious as to what University you guys are going to and what you're studying.

Personally, I'm headed up to the University of Nottingham to study Classical Civilization. Wheeey.

So whatabout you guys? Anyone else as nervous/excited as I am? Haha.
[small]p.s, anyone else go Nottingham? :eek:.[/small].

Wishing all you other freshers the best of luck, and have fun!

Attended the Australian National University, Graduated 2010 =D have fun! ^_^ it'll be a blast!

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I was in the University of Alberta... until I flunked.

Now I'm at NAIT, and doing spectacular. Electronic engineering, by the way. Soldering is fun.