So Escapist! What University will you be attending? (/do you attend?)

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
I recently graduated from University of Phoenix's online program. BSIT/SE.

Decent program, but be careful with the major you pick. There are some fields that really look down on Online degrees. Being in the development field, however, they just wanted to make sure I knew how to code.

Kitsune Hunter

What a beautiful Duwang!
Dec 18, 2011
Queen's University Belfast to study International Politics and Conflict Studies. I start in a couple of weeks, can't wait

Maeta

Jun 8, 2011
EscapeGoat said:
MelasZepheos said:
I went to Lancaster University. Great town, great people, terrible course.
LANCASTER?! There's Lancastrians on these boards?! You and me. A duel to the death. 20 minutes.

In case history's not your thing, I'm at the University of York, studying English Lit. Woo, so useful :p
Finally! A York student!

I've just done 4 years there, and am about to return to doing chemistry phd there.
And speaking of Lancaster, I was there for Roses this year (with my birthday being at the end of the weekend)... No matter how reasonable the town looked on the way through, and how ok the campus looked, the awful pool tables and the night of trying to sleep on a lecture room floor, my hatred has risen, and I'm coming for you...

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
Bradley University in 'lovely' Peoria, Illinois. Studying for a dual engineering/ environmental science degree at the best school in Illinois in the worst city in Illinois.

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
I graduated at Full Sail University.

Nice place, lots of geeks, video game music playing in the halls of game development, movie posters in the film department, random nerf wars. All around a good time.

Of course they made you cram 4 and a quarter years of school into 2 years and the tuition was around 65k (now its around 100k). But definitely was fun.

a7xman

Oct 14, 2011
University of Louisville proud, and happy to see quite a few other psychology majors in this thread.

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
Hafrael said:
Easton Dark said:
Best eastern state, representin'
Obviously you've never been outside of Indiana, the opposite is true ;]
Hey man, we got the best basketball training movie named after us. Hoosier pride, baby. You expect me to respect Maine's lobster industry or North Carolina's North Carolina? Hah!

Plus we're the farthest east you can possibly go and still be in that timezone. We're so east, we're pretty much central.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
rosac said:
Tharwen said:
BlueberryMUNCH said:
Hi guys, been a while since I've made a thread haha. How are you all?

SO, I'm not sure how things are outside of the UK, but University terms start very soon!
I'm just curious as to what University you guys are going to and what you're studying.

Personally, I'm headed up to the University of Nottingham to study Classical Civilization. Wheeey.

So whatabout you guys? Anyone else as nervous/excited as I am? Haha.
[small]p.s, anyone else go Nottingham? :eek:.[/small].

Wishing all you other freshers the best of luck, and have fun!
Well I'm going to Nottingham Trent.

The better one.
Are you starting this year? What course/campus?

I'm going to be on the volleyball stand advertising during freshers haha, I may see you around!

Captcha: Describe bacardi. A drink for women.
Computer Science at Clifton, starting on the 21st (ish. I can never remember)

Perhaps! It would be more likely if I were into volleyball, to be honest though...

Tell you what. If I see a volleyball stand, I'll awkwardly stand near it for a bit and try to work out which person you are.

Snippy the Shoe

Jun 23, 2012
I'll be starting a four year master's in chemistry at Oxford on the 2nd of October....Now to see if I still remember everything I've been taught.

Zyst

Jan 15, 2010
UNAM, it's the biggest university in Mexico and it's completely free, although the acceptance exam is pretty selective, around 1 person out of 20 applicants gets accepted, I study Computer Science there.

Musette

Pacifist Percussionist
Apr 19, 2010
AZT00Z said:
I currently attend University of Florida.

Well at least it's cheap since I live instate
I also am a University of Florida student, and living in state helped me with the costs too.

I am majoring in Music in Combination with an Outside Field (yes, that's a degree option here) and my outside field is a graduate program in management (that is available to undergrads), so at the end if my four years, I'll have a Bachelors in Music and a Masters in the Science if Management. Oh, and I might add a minor in either Ethnomusicology, Music Compositiin, or Computer Science. The only downside is that the inevitable "what are you majoring in?" question ends up a pain to explain.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Ctrl+F "Bristol"

Huh.

If it isn't obvious, University of Bristol is where I'm studying. The subject is Computer Science and I'm about to go into my second year. I would post more details about it but there isn't much else to add as we don't get optional or external units until the third and fourth years.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
TheFunPolice said:
Daystar Clarion said:
TheFunPolice said:
Daystar Clarion said:
TheFunPolice said:
Daystar Clarion said:
I live in Nottingham :D

I studied Law & Criminology at the University of Lincoln, really nice city too.

I always pictured you living in Nottingham...Just seems so fitting..

OT: I dunno man..I'm only 15, once I start Collage I'll have more of an idea of what I want to do
Wut?

How?

How do I fit Nottingham exactly? :D

If I'm honest, I know Jack-shit about Nottingham. I'm just basing it all on the name..It sounds incredibly upper class..just like you...
You've evidently never been to Nottingham then :D
Hehe, is the visit worth the 2 hour drive?
Well that depends what you want to do.

As a shopping destination, it's no better than any other city.

Got a few museums that are worth visiting though, like The Galleries of Justice (I actually volunteered there) and Nottingham Castle.
If you're a fan of Games Workshop, Warhammer World is baaed in Nottingham. One of the largest tabletop gaming sites around.

Crenelate

May 27, 2010
JoJo said:
Going into third (final) year of biology at Exeter University, UK.
I'm moving in with some 3rd year Biology students in Exeter! Never met 'em. It could be yoooouuuu!

Psykoma

Nov 29, 2010
Graduated from Mcgill university a few years ago, b.comm major in accounting, currently in CPA training program.

robotam

Jun 7, 2010
Queens University Belfast, to do some Maths. Originally was meant to go to Glasgow but that didn't work out. The guy at Queens told me that they just happened to have one space open for maths. I'm pretty lucky.

Lethos

Dec 9, 2010
I'll be going to Manchester. Been assigned a halls I didn't want but I guess halls are what you make of them. If it's that bad then I can file for transfer so no point getting grumpy about it.