So Escapist! What University will you be attending? (/do you attend?)

Kaytastrophe

Jun 7, 2010
Astoria said:
I'll hopefully be starting a BA of psychology next year at Adelaide University. With some luck I'll studying a semester at a Canadian University, most likely McMaster at this point, so I can spend some time with my dad.
I'm a Mac Alumni. It is a really good school, I really enjoyed it.

deathninja

Dec 19, 2008
Zombie_Fish said:
we don't get optional or external units until the third and fourth years.
I've had to go four years with no options. It sucks donkey balls.

(Especially as you get stuck with bio and med students, who without exception have some kind of messiah complex).

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Easton Dark said:
Indiana University is where I'm at right now.

Best eastern state, representin'
Best at what? growing corn? (I kid, I kid... Hoosiers are awesome)

OT: I'm in my second year at Grand Valley State University. That's in west Michigan if you care. Majoring in Biology and Philosophy :)
Also learning German, but that's not related to my degree. Ich habe Deutsch 102.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
deathninja said:
Zombie_Fish said:
we don't get optional or external units until the third and fourth years.
I've had to go four years with no options. It sucks donkey balls.

(Especially as you get stuck with bio and med students, who without exception have some kind of messiah complex).
That sounds horrible. How long is your course if you have no options for four years? I can't imagine there are courses out there where you have no options for the whole degree.

A_Parked_Car

Oct 30, 2009
I attend the University of Calgary. I'm studying military history and I am hoping that I will be able to get into graduate school. This is my fourth year, so really nothing all that exciting. I'm not a huge fan of being on campus though.

deathninja

Dec 19, 2008
Zombie_Fish said:
That sounds horrible. How long is your course if you have no options for four years? I can't imagine there are courses out there where you have no options for the whole degree.
It's a four year straight masters, but to graduate you need to cover all the core modules for chemistry, biology and pharmacology (+ some physiology) so once that's out of the way there's no credits left for options.

It seemed a good idea at the time, considering there was such a thing as a pharmaceutical industry in this country when I started >.>

deathninja

Dec 19, 2008
Techno Squidgy said:
University of Portsmouth, studying Computer Games Technology. Move into halls in 8 days.
I know a few guys that went through Pompey, it's not a bad town.

Hylke Langhout

Mar 2, 2011
I just started my first year in Roosevelt Academy in Middelburg, The Netherlands. It's a nice school, great for social sciences. People are all real nice. I joined a D&D group for the first time here, so that should be interesting.

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
deathninja said:
Techno Squidgy said:
University of Portsmouth, studying Computer Games Technology. Move into halls in 8 days.
Yeah, I've heard it's not bad either. I plan to get drunk and fight sailors. Got two naval bases to choose from as well.

ManimalR said:
Going to be going to Portsmouth University, doing a degree in Paleontology
Sweet, are you staying in Halls?

ManimalR

Jan 3, 2011
Techno Squidgy said:
deathninja said:
Techno Squidgy said:
Yeah, I've heard it's not bad either. I plan to get drunk and fight sailors. Got two naval bases to choose from as well.

ManimalR said:
QEQM hall in the Langstone Student Village

deathninja

Dec 19, 2008
Techno Squidgy said:
I loved getting into drinking contests with the Yanks when they dock up there; The entire fleet's dry so they're complete lightweights.

R3dF41c0n

Feb 11, 2009
Does it count if I already graduated? I attended the University of South Carolina.

GO COCKS!

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
ManimalR said:
Techno Squidgy said:
deathninja said:
Techno Squidgy said:

ManimalR said:
Ah, I'm in James Watson Hall.

ManimalR

Jan 3, 2011
Techno Squidgy said:
ManimalR said:
Techno Squidgy said:
deathninja said:
Techno Squidgy said:

ManimalR said:
Ah, I'm in James Watson Hall.
That was my first choice, but I didn't get in :(

Bromion

Jun 13, 2011
I spent the last four years at Mankato state University in Minnesota. This year I'm at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg to finish my undergrad.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Crenelate said:
JoJo said:
Going into third (final) year of biology at Exeter University, UK.
I'm moving in with some 3rd year Biology students in Exeter! Never met 'em. It could be yoooouuuu!
That would be a strange coincidence... but both the people I'm moving in with this year I already know. Funny story though, one of my friends on Facebook is friends with someone who has your avatar as their profile pic so I'm guessing that's you... ran across it completely by accident a few months ago.