So Escapist! What University will you be attending? (/do you attend?)

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Easton Dark said:
Pimppeter2 said:
Easton Dark said:
Indiana University is where I'm at right now.

Best eastern state, representin'
Bloomington?

My brother goes there.
Yeah, IU Bloomington. Have you been here and seen it? Beautiful campus.
Yep, been there many many times the last three years. Make sure to come at least once a year for the little 500.

Yeah, campus is very nice. My brother loves it. Its a lot of fun everytime I visit.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
Texas A&M, where the first tradition you have to go through when you graduate is get a graduation ring, put it in a giant beer glass, and proceed to chug until you can catch the ring with your mouth!

God Bless America.

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
University of Queensland, Australia! St. Lucia Campus. First year MBBS. Liking it so far. I did my previous two degrees at UQ - I like the campus. I like it a lot.

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
I am to start my second year at the University of Utrecht tomorrow. I will continue my study of physics & astronomy. I am actually looking quite forward to it.

nifedj

Nov 12, 2009
I'm at my second day of fresher's week at the University of Edinburgh! Amazingly few Scottish people, I've met people from Gibraltar, the US, Hungary, Singapore, China, Lithuania, Australia. I'm enjoying myself so far.

Maeta

Jun 8, 2011
EscapeGoat said:
Maeta said:
EscapeGoat said:
MelasZepheos said:
I went to Lancaster University. Great town, great people, terrible course.
LANCASTER?! There's Lancastrians on these boards?! You and me. A duel to the death. 20 minutes.

In case history's not your thing, I'm at the University of York, studying English Lit. Woo, so useful :p
Finally! A York student!

I've just done 4 years there, and am about to return to doing chemistry phd there.
I share that sentiment - you're the first York student I've seen on these boards, and I'm certain there's been a fair few uni topics lately.

Are you involved in any societies or groups? Who knows, we may have met without even realising it. I mean, I hung around with a bunch of biochemistry third years for a far portion of last year, but I'm not exactly certain of the level of integration the biochems get with the normal chemistry guys :p
I do a few societies: I play pool and darts, and I do radio, as well as drink far too much. I don't really spend too much time around campus, though, aside from in chemistry due to research.
As far as biochemistry integration goes: we have this view that they couldn't decide whether they wanted to do a real degree or not, and so we shun them a little bit (largely due to our first ever lecture course and the lecturer mocking them in the mixed lectures). That said, one of my best friends is just starting her 3rd year of biochemistry (we met because she was in the lab doing biochem practicals whilst I was doing this shitty project in the same room, and I kinda just asked her out straight away without knowing her name, haha).

If you're around at the start of next month, I'll happily beat you at pool/darts?

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
Still deciding on a university for 2013. I'm torn between Staffordshire, Portsmouth, and Southampton for an Adult Nursing degree..simply because they're high up on the league tables and I don't know how else to decide. Hopefully open days (work permitting) and some prospectuseseses will narrow down my choices.

Anyone happy to have any experience of any of the three above? I'd like to know more about ze Universities.

Kitsune Hunter

What a beautiful Duwang!
Dec 18, 2011
Matthew94 said:
Kitsune Hunter said:
Queen's University Belfast to study International Politics and Conflict Studies. I start in a couple of weeks, can't wait
I might see you there, I'm starting there soon.

Are you staying in Elms?
I might, for I got an email saying accomendation was full,but they say those that applied might reject the offer so I'll find out next week, but it also depends on my lectures, for if they're only a couple times a week, I might just stay at home and travel up by train, but yeah I'll see you there

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
University of Hull, studying Computer Science w/ Games Development w/ Industry Experience BSc, going into second year :D

DionysusSnoopy

May 9, 2009
Undergrad at Newcastle University in the UK and doing a masters at Northumbria University in the UK literally across the road from my first uni. Upside is Newcastle-upon-Tyne is awesome city

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
Maeta said:
I do a few societies: I play pool and darts, and I do radio, as well as drink far too much. I don't really spend too much time around campus, though, aside from in chemistry due to research.
As far as biochemistry integration goes: we have this view that they couldn't decide whether they wanted to do a real degree or not, and so we shun them a little bit (largely due to our first ever lecture course and the lecturer mocking them in the mixed lectures). That said, one of my best friends is just starting her 3rd year of biochemistry (we met because she was in the lab doing biochem practicals whilst I was doing this shitty project in the same room, and I kinda just asked her out straight away without knowing her name, haha).

If you're around at the start of next month, I'll happily beat you at pool/darts?
Ah, awesome. I had meant to get into URY - I wanted to see if I could put together a rock show, for the Fringe, but then someone beat me to it. Shame it only lasted a couple weeks, though.

It's funny - the biochems I knew seemed to look down on the regular biology and chemistry students in a similar way - presumably they thought they had the edge, taking elements of two subjects. I wouldn't know, though - I mean, I do English, it's not like I can talk about taking proper subjects :p

Well, I'm up from the end of September, and I'm always up for (losing at) pool or darts :D

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Northern Alberta Institute of Technology here. Attended University of Alberta, flunked.

I'm really, REALLY enjoying it so far. Electronic engineering tech really is my bag. Plus, it only goes for two years, with a summer as an intern if my grades are high enough.

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
South Carolina Military College, AKA The Citadel

Best military school outside the service Academies. Just sent in my application today.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Matthew94 said:
lacktheknack said:
Northern Alberta Institute of Technology here. Attended University of Alberta, flunked.

I'm really, REALLY enjoying it so far. Electronic engineering tech really is my bag. Plus, it only goes for two years, with a summer as an intern if my grades are high enough.
That's what I'm going to start in a few days. What are your thoughts on it?
I swear, a third of the users on here live in Edmonton.

To compare it to UofA, it's much faster paced and direct. Whereas, say, a math class of the University might spend an entire class explaining how to invert a matrix with all the theory behind it, NAIT spends about five minutes saying "Do this, this and this. The 'why' isn't important." It's more effective than it sounds.

Also, the people are generally very friendly (at least over here in the electronics engineering section).

The downsides are tightly packed classes and missing classes will cause you endless grief.

All in all, a fine technical school.

What department are you in?

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Monroe Community College, so far I am loving it. Great college, but I will be transfering to Rochester Insitute of Technology in two years.