So Escapist! What University will you be attending? (/do you attend?)

Eamar

Elite Member
Feb 22, 2012
Country
UK
About to start my third year at the University of Oxford (Merton College), studying Ancient and Modern History.

Snippy the Shoe said:
I'll be starting a four year master's in chemistry at Oxford on the 2nd of October....Now to see if I still remember everything I've been taught.
*waves*

Spinozaad

Jun 16, 2008
Second (and final year) of my research master Modern History and International Relations at the University of Groningen, the Netherlands.

Araqiel

Jul 5, 2011
Final year of master Media Studies @ Erasmus University in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.

uhddh

Sep 27, 2011
I plan to study Mechatronics and Robotics at Deakin University in Melbourne. Now I just have to pass the greatest test of them all...

High school

AceTrilby

Dec 24, 2008
Second year at Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen, studying BA Hons Journalism.

It's the number one modern university in the UK, or so I'm told. Don't really have much of a frame of reference to say otherwise.

jacob97900

Mar 17, 2009
University of Adelaide in Australia, doing high performance computational physics. My Mid-semester break starts after tomorrow, so the rest of the world must be behind us quite significantly.

Th37thTrump3t

Nov 12, 2009
Gonna attend my first year of college at CCC to get all my required academic courses out of the way, then transfer to either Kent State or Ohio State.

Magicduck

Mar 30, 2011
Evil Smurf said:
Swinburne University of technology. My campus is shutting down though. :(
OMG! Your from Victoria/Australia and at Lilydale campus right? I got to Swinburne too except I'm a design hipster at Prahran and we're all getting moved to Hawthorn.

Mr F.

Jul 11, 2012
Lancaster U. Looking forward to it. Starting a few years later then my peers, for my sins. Anyone else heading off to LU or already there, toss me a PM.

Oh, and on the offchance, cause I know Americans like stealing the names of British towns, I mean Lancaster in the north of England. Heh.

Maeta said:
EscapeGoat said:
Maeta said:
EscapeGoat said:
MelasZepheos said:
I went to Lancaster University. Great town, great people, terrible course.
LANCASTER?! There's Lancastrians on these boards?! You and me. A duel to the death. 20 minutes.

In case history's not your thing, I'm at the University of York, studying English Lit. Woo, so useful :p
Finally! A York student!

I've just done 4 years there, and am about to return to doing chemistry phd there.
I share that sentiment - you're the first York student I've seen on these boards, and I'm certain there's been a fair few uni topics lately.

Are you involved in any societies or groups? Who knows, we may have met without even realising it. I mean, I hung around with a bunch of biochemistry third years for a far portion of last year, but I'm not exactly certain of the level of integration the biochems get with the normal chemistry guys :p
I do a few societies: I play pool and darts, and I do radio, as well as drink far too much. I don't really spend too much time around campus, though, aside from in chemistry due to research.
As far as biochemistry integration goes: we have this view that they couldn't decide whether they wanted to do a real degree or not, and so we shun them a little bit (largely due to our first ever lecture course and the lecturer mocking them in the mixed lectures). That said, one of my best friends is just starting her 3rd year of biochemistry (we met because she was in the lab doing biochem practicals whilst I was doing this shitty project in the same room, and I kinda just asked her out straight away without knowing her name, haha).

If you're around at the start of next month, I'll happily beat you at pool/darts?
Just found this post cause I was jumping around the thread, doing Cntrl-f Lanc.

So!

Gonna be starting there on the 28th of this month. Sociology major, Media and Cultural Studies and Politics as Minors. Not a Lancastarian, I do not have a homeland/town/area, but I am a Brit (for a given value of Brit)

Sup people.

EDIT: Wait, I saw Lancastarian and yet you two are heading to York. Ignore me.

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
University of Wales, Newport - riverside campus part-time, part time in Coleg Gwent. It does its job.

I'll have 2 degrees in 2 years from now, if I don't fuck up. I don't care for the certificates though, only for the skills set I will acquire. I'm not in a position to be picky, but the experience I gain and the jobs I would become qualified to do will be invaluable to anyone and everyone who uses computers.

PlastikBulb

Mar 21, 2012
Just had the mid-semester break down here at Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, and currently studying Cultural Anthropology and Psychology, yeah.

cricketer15

Jun 16, 2011
University of Technology Sydney, B.Engineering/B Business, hope to transfer to USYD or UNSW next semester.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010

That's the college I went to... I used to live in the wing on picture right... I studied Leadership and Management, and have a level 5 diploma in that subject.

I have to go back and finish the degree at the Defence college Shrivenham at some point!

KFalcon

May 5, 2011
DionysusSnoopy said:
Undergrad at Newcastle University in the UK and doing a masters at Northumbria University in the UK literally across the road from my first uni. Upside is Newcastle-upon-Tyne is awesome city
*wave*

I'm studying Dentistry (I'm a 2nd year) at Newcastle University in the UK.

Yeah it is a good city.

3quency

Jun 12, 2009
De Montfort University, Leicester.
Starting a joint honours in Creative Writing and Journalism once I get there.