So escapists, what is the oldest game you own a PHYSICAL copy of ?

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
I still own an original copy of Doom for the PC. Sadly, I no longer have any of my old console games as my parents gave them all away when I moved out and I never got a chance to grab them.

TechNoFear

Mar 22, 2009
Thought I had;

Doom 1, Castle Wolfenstien Commander Keen etc on floppies
Red Baron [256 colour on floppies]
DOS 6 [on floppies, the rare 6.0 with Double Space]

But just checked, none of them contain any useable data after nearly 30 years.

The first computer program I wrote was recorded onto cassette tape, but they are long gone.

I do still have a RAM expander, a card that fits into a single RAM slot but has space for 4 RAM chips (ie turn 1 slot into 4).

It still has the 4 (at the time) MASSIVE 256Kb RAM chips in it!

Ben Saville

Nov 24, 2011
Doom1 on disc, Wolfenstein 3D on disc, and spear of destiny on a floppy (only doom 1 runs on my PC now :( )

Edit: oops double post

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
Until recently I had an Intellivision and some games in my parents garage. Now the oldest I have is Super Mario/Duck Hunt on the NES. At least I think it's the oldest. I have a few others, namely Blades of Steel, Tecmo Super Bowl, and Marble Madness.

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
The oldest game I personally own a copy of is probably TES: Arena. There may be a few that predate it, but probably not by much.

My folks still have many of their Commodore 64 and Apple II games, and chances are if I wanted I could probably still play them. I'm almost certain the Commodore 64 still works (as should the NES attached to it). I don't know if they also have working Apple IIs or any of their pre-286 IBM PCs.

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
Hmmmm... I think I still have an old copy of Operation Wolf somewhere. It's on those big 'ol floppy disks that you can't even find a drive for anymore.

I've also got a copy of Dune II.

... I miss Westwood...

Quantum Star

Jul 17, 2010
Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone for PC or the massive collection of Humongous Entertainment point and click games I have. Pajama Sam was the shit back in the day.

Lucian The Lugia

Nov 4, 2011
I have a 2600 from my parents, and out of those games, I have no clue which one is the oldest.

I even own...THAT game for the 2600. You know, the travesty.

SanguineScale

Jun 8, 2011
I have these old marbles my grandpa gave me, played by generations of my family since the battles of the Civil War and.....

oh wait you meant video game.

Zelda OoT for N64. Any game I played before then was when I didn't know any better and let my mother sell my copies of Sonic 2 and Super Mario World, along with the systems required to play them.

Sectan

Aug 7, 2011
Dragon Warrior for the NES. I know I still have a working SNES and I'm pretty proud of that.

Carson Shindigg

Mar 11, 2011
Our family got rid of our Atari 2600 about 5 years ago. I still have the floppy for Jill of the Jungle from 1992. And just did a wiki, it was made by a little company called Epic. Who now make the Gears of War franchise :)