So escapists, what is the oldest game you own a PHYSICAL copy of ?

deadxero

Sep 2, 2010
Good question... Really cleand stuff out a couple years ago. Oldest I have t this point might be a copy of PlaneScape: Torment

Nightmonger

Jul 1, 2010
Well in the household it is Viking for the ZX spectrum but if it's one I bought myself that would be either need for speed 3 hot pursuit or mechwarrior 4 both for pc

Gardenia

Oct 30, 2008
Siper Mario Land on the GameBoy. I still play it from time to time, but on the GBA, as the old GB doesn't work anymore

Vie

Nov 18, 2009
All the way from 1983:

STARSHIP COMMAND!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr0DKvInRyI

For the Acorn Electron, on Glorious casset tape.

Mikkaddo

Black Rose Knight
Jan 19, 2008
krazykidd said:
I say physical copy because, PC and Console gamers alike both used to be sold in physical copies before digital distribution.Also so that emulator and digital version of old games wouldn't count. I want to know what is the Oldest ( even if you didn't own it when the game came out but you do now ) game in your library.

(Bonus points if someone still owns a game on floppy disks ).

I didn't get a PC until i was about 10 ( i am 23 now ) , so my oldest game is the original Lengend of zelda for the NES. And i still play it at least once every 2 years just because i find it great.

Your turn .
Eternal Eyes on Playstation 1 from about 1990, it was one of the earliest PS1 games

Grimfolse

Feb 28, 2011
I still own physical copies of a bunch of old Lucasarts games, the oldest of which I believe is Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.

TyrantGanado

Oct 21, 2009
I was about to say Destruction Derby but then I remembered my Game Boy's existence and with it Star Wars, which is as old as I am (released in 1991).

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Uhh, I got a couple PS2 games, but I don't know which is the oldest out of them.

I think Dark Cloud was pretty early in the PS2's run, or maybe Star Ocean.

EDIT: D'oh, nevermind. I just realized that I have old PC games. Changing my answer to Diablo.

Fleetfiend

Jun 1, 2011
My oldest is Super Mario Land for the Gameboy. :3 1989

I wasn't even born then, I think one of my parents found it in a garage sale.

FunKing

May 17, 2010
Fat_Hippo said:
King's Quest I is pretty damn old, 1984. That's 8 years old than I am!
i still have all mine on floppy discs, along w/ space quest, police quest, leisure suit larry...but i think "pong" is the oldest thing i own

fnartilter

Apr 13, 2010
A tie! Between: Rex Nebular and the Cosmic Gender Bender -- StarControl II

More recognizable to some, from a few years later: Warcraft II. I never bought the first game.

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
Might & Magic: World of Xeen compilation, I believe.

Though I did own Twinky Goes Hiking on tape, and a Commodore 64 to go with it when I was a kid.