So escapists, what is the oldest game you own a PHYSICAL copy of ?

Dinasis

Dec 28, 2010
Kid Pix [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treehouse_(video_game)] on PC. They were on a computer my father had at work. It also had Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0 and Ken's Labyrinth. I'm not sure about the disks on those two, though I'm pretty sure Ken's Labyrinth is around here somewhere.

My father used to bring me in to the office to play the games on rainy weekends. Eventually, he bought the comptuer and all the software from the company and brought it home when they went to replace it in his office. Our next computer we got in 1996, it was a Gateway 2000 and ran Windows 95. It came with all four Windows 95 Entertainment Packs, which held me over until Christmas, when my parents gave me Command & Conquer: Red Alert, Quake I, Eternal Darkness [http://magisterrex.com/proddetail.asp?prod=WEBIJC067] (a level pack for Quake), and MechWarrior 2. I still have even the manuals and retail boxes. Actually, I still have every retail box for every PC game I've ever bought.

I have a small library of NES games as well, from Captain Skyhawk to Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt/World Class Track Meet, though I never had the pad for the track game... I also have Fester's Quest, Mario 3 and I had "Mario 2" until my family moved. To this day, I'm sure one of the movers from the company we hired stole it.

The oldest single NES game I have is probably Double Dragon from 1988 (with the Mario 3-in-1 came out in December of the same year). For a while, I near enough owned Rockin' Kats, renting it over and over again from a local gas station until I ran out of money to pay the $0.50 rental price (which got me 5 days). I came back a week later with the money to rent it again only to find that they'd sent it back to their supplier.

I also have two of the NES light guns, more than a couple controllers and one working Frankenstein'd Nintendo and two partly gutted Nintendo's my father and I had to use for parts. I have an NES Game Genie that I got along with one of the guns, some games (including Captain Skyhawk and what ended up as my second copy of Darkwing Duck), and one of the consoles when my best friend replaced his NES with a PS1. That Game Genie was great to have, too, because the working NES wouldn't turn on unless the cartridge was really jammed into the console. The Game Genie and duct tape solved that problem pretty handily.

GeneWard

Feb 23, 2011
That would be Metal Gear Solid for the Playstation. I am nothing in comparison to some of the people here, with like, 2600's and shit. I feel like a little kid XD

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
Probably Sonic 2. I might have a few mega drive games that were released sooner, but I think that's the earliest.

There's box full of cassette tapes for an older console (think it might have been a C64, but I can't say for certain) around here somewhere, but they aren't actually mine, so...

Elexia

Dec 24, 2008
My brother has a myriad of old games we played during our impressionable childhood, but my own personal collection has:

Private Eye ('96)

Doctor Who: Destiny of the Doctors ('97)

Unfortunately the latter won't fully play on my laptop.

Karhukonna

Nov 3, 2010
I still have my original copy of Sonic The Hedgehog 2 around. I borrowed it to my cousin, 'cos it still works flawlessly.

Figmangairie

Jul 18, 2010
Command and Conquer 95, now called Tiberian Dawn. Still one of the best real-time strategy games. I also have a copy of Age of Empires II somewhere, but not sure where.

DannyJBeckett

Jun 29, 2011
A physical copy? Let's see... if you don't count my TV Boy, which is a little plug-in-and-play thingamajig with 100+ Atari low-budget titles on it, and if you also don't count games in compilations, then it's most probably Sonic 2 (Mega-Drive, of course).

anonymity88

Sep 20, 2010
I have a copy of II on the SNES kicking around somewhere, but I canfind it. Other than that I till have all of my old N64 games.

Mystical Ninja starring Goemon is probably one of the oldest. (And is a classic!)

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Oldest I can confirm is the NES Mario Bros. Duck Hunt game. Still have the gun too.

I've some old floppy discs somewhere, what and how old they are I don't know.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
Parasite Eve 1. 1996, if I can remember correctly. Or Silent Hill 1.

Second oldest is System Shock 2, which sadly doesn't work *sadface*