So, how do you like E3 so far?

oxiclean

May 12, 2010
ubisoft is releasing LASER TAG and a game WHERE ALL YOU DO IS BREATH. this is pitiful.

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
I was disappointed, too much focus on motion controlled games. The only game I'm really psyched for is Gears 3 and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

Crapster

Aug 6, 2009
So far, I'm none too impressed. Last year's E3 was the best since it got me psyched for games like MGS Peace Walker, Tales of Monkey Island, New Super Mario Bros, etc. It's early yet, but right now the big thing I'm taking away with it is that the Xbox will be trying to horn in on Nintendo's Wii Fit market.

SUPA FRANKY

Aug 18, 2009
Hopefully we won;t have to pay $599 US to fight GIANT ENEMY CRAB! But its ok, since we can attack its weak point for massive damage. Also, RIIIIIIIDDDDDGEEEEE RAAAAACCCCEEERRRRR!

Sorry, I've been on you tube too long.

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
He went the entire gears 3 demo with that succulent sawn off double barrel shotgun on his back and never once used it... sad face

GnomeThief

Apr 9, 2009
Good bits here and there like Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Old Republic, and Ghost Recon, but overall it was way too bogged down in the motion control gimmicks to hold my interest. I mean, really? A game based around how you breathe? Laser tag? Still waiting for Bethesda and Valve to unveil their stuff.

Here's to hoping tomorrow will be a bit more promising.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
no new info on the games i really want to know about mainly beyond good and evil 2 and the mechwarrior reboot

XavierHarkonnen

May 31, 2010
All press conferences had way too much shittyness (Kinect, and all Kinect related games (minus Child of Eden))

Microsoft was pure unadulterated fail other than gears 4 player co-op and possibly MGS Rising (still unsure of un-stealthyness, although Raiden looks pretty badass)

EA was okay i suppose Dead Space 2 is interesting, NFS, MOH, Bulletstorm, and Crysis 2 look decent but dont really have that wow factor. Trailer for Star Wars was again epic but i want some gameplay please.

Ubisoft was bipolar. Good looking stuff like AC: Brotherhood, Child of Eden, Rayman!!!, and Project Dust. Future Soldier looks decent but being invisible almost makes it seem too easy... and then there was just the mind boggling shit Innergy, Michael Jackson (didnt realize they announced a game at first), laser guns, Shaun White.

Overall E3 has been decent so far but kind of disapointing considering the hype, hopefully Sony and Nintendo hit it out of the park tomorrow.

Skeleton Jelly

Nov 1, 2009
It was so casual, it hurt.

I mean it's really interesting what they're doing with Kinect. But it's just boring and aggravating when they could be talking about much more core gamer things.

And I missed the Ubisoft showing, but I caught some stuff about Assassin's Creed, and Eden's child? Both looked pretty boring. And EA had some good stuff, but not the stuff I was looking for.

I'm just waiting for Valves surprise and hopefully a teaser about Mass Effect 2.

Dapper Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
Metal Gear Solid: Rising looks pretty cool, as do Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines and The Old Republic. Other than that, unless I'm forgetting something, it's been pretty much just awful-looking casual games for Kinect and uninteresting sequels for the 360's money printers.

aPod

Jan 14, 2010
Honestly i'm usually hyped out of my mind for E3 weeks in advance but this year i just never got into it. The news being released hasn't really changed my demeanor either. I guess i would call that pretty mediocre.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
I was sleeping so I missed it. I didn't miss anything to important did I? Just the Microsoft conference and maybe some other stuff.

ClassicJokester

I Love You.
Apr 16, 2010
I'm exited by a lot of the concepts that are being presented with Kinect, and that Laser Tag thing was a step in a fun direction, but the actual products themselves.....ehhhhhh not so exiting. I'm glad that gaming is moving in different directions, because while not all the directions will be winners, at some point someone will create something, that will completely redefine the way we view games. I'm incredibly excited that games are moving to be within our lives, not just in front of our couch.

I look forward to games being something that are done in your everyday, walking-around life as well as in that box hooked up to the TV. In-game bonuses for everyday activities (I'd like to see exercise contribute to EXP or athleticism skill or something in-game, or something along that vein). Or when we get to the point that games are in our heads, being able to communicate with proximate people in both reality and game worlds [will there be a difference at that point?]. That's what I'm exited about, and E3 this year shows steps in that direction.

The show being filled up with "casual" games and motion control --we know it works, guys, we knew it worked a couple of years ago. Now you just need to prove that you can DO something groundbreaking with it-- is sort of weird. While I get that a large [and less vocal] portion of the gaming community is the casual and facebook games crowd, I don't think that E3 is the arena to present games for that crowd. I doubt they watch E3. And judging by the reaction of the theaters, people at E3 ["actual-hardcore-special gamers] just aren't receiving the games that well. Maybe the presentations just suck, what do I know. :]

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
Well I have to say so far I'm very disappointed in what Kinect is looking like. But outside of that the game releases look fairly solid, Microsoft's Xbox 360 Slim looks great(as much of a rip off of the PS3 Slim as it is). I'm waiting for Sony to see if they can give me a good reason to buy their console and then Valve to tell me what the hell is going on with them.

Arisato-kun

Apr 22, 2009
EA's conference was the best. Ubisoft's was ok though I really didn't care about anything beyond Assassin's Creed. Microsoft's was halfway decent until Kinect rolled out. That entire segment sucked and I hope it does poorly to teach Microsoft a lesson about alienating their fanbase.

I'm much more excited for the Nintendo and Sony press conferences tomorrow, mainly because I don't think Sony will focus the majority of their conference on Move like Microsoft did with Kinect.