So how do you think Xbox did at E3

Luthir Fontaine

Oct 16, 2010
I believe they did alright the mass effect 3 kinect thing looked pretty cool, gears looked good, and Tomb raider looked damn awsome. Grabbin minecraft was a great idea and live tv well be kinda of sweet.

Not saying that some parts werent dumb
the kids yelling FIST BUMP! was pretty stupid and the star wars kinect looked awful

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
I was contemplating suicide...

I want my hour and a half back Microsoft.

Halo Fanboy

Nov 2, 2008
I would have hoped they learned their lesson about the hiring actors to pretend to play kinect thing.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
They were doing so well until the Kinect and XBL stuff started. The tone dropped, as did my will to live.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
worse than poorly, I still cant believe they are flooding kinect into everything.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Well, it was certainly better than last year, that is all I got to say. Of course, just watching a loop of trailers for a hour and a half would be better than their conference last year, but whatever. Started out strong, had some good reveals, and ended on a high note. Though it did have some low moments (Disneyland Adventures? Oh please).

Irriduccibilli

Jun 15, 2010
Just saw some of the gameplay footage from Skyrim, and my god it blew my mind. It looks even better than I could have hoped for. It looks amazing

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
Irriduccibilli said:
Just saw some of the gameplay footage from Skyrim, and my god it blew my mind. It looks even better than I could have hoped for. It looks amazing
Really? I thought it was rather bland. Seemed like Fallout with swords to me.

twistedheat15

Sep 29, 2010
boag said:
worse than poorly, I still cant believe they are flooding kinect into everything.
Um.... It's Microsoft, what exactly about flooding Kinect stuff into everything is hard to believe with them?

Irriduccibilli

Jun 15, 2010
Nimcha said:
Irriduccibilli said:
Really, are you sure we are talking about the same game? :)
I thought that the attention to detail in that game is amazing. It's official, Skyrim is going to be a day one buy for me

EDIT: I guess the Skyrim interview didnt really count as the Xbox conference.
In my honest oppinion I thought that Microsoft did.... ok, they could have done alot better by not spending so much time on Kinect. The last 30 minutes sucked, but the first 30 minutes were good. I liked the Mass Effect 3 gameplay. It was short but sweet, but it looked good.
I'd give them a c+

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
I would make a

"Kinect...

Kinect everywhere" image but I'm just too lazy to do it.

Of course it was just as expected for me. Kinect really is Xbox's future >_>

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
Nimcha said:
Irriduccibilli said:
Technically Fallout is Oblivion with guns. :p

It's far better than the last two years.

Two years ago they didn't have anything to show really, last year was all Kinect and what little they had to show for it.

This year they at least showed off a good amount of games and some decent kinect stuff that will keep mine from collecting dust.

Cpt Corallis

Apr 14, 2009
I was cringing at the parts where they made people act to kinect, the "footballers" and the kids in particular. I don't mind the disney and sesame street games, they weren't being marketed to me That said, Mass effect looked interesting, as did tomb raider and Ghost Recon. Nice that they showed off updated footage of Halo. Also, I really liked the news about kinect funlabs being free and updating today. (Name sucks though)
But, after last year, it just seemed as if there was no Big announcement, like the slim was last year. It was alright, It just felt lacking.

Fenreil

Mar 14, 2010
I'm actually fairly impressed by some of the Kinect stuff. The way it works in Mass Effect is pretty cool, and the messing around with the menu in Ghost Recon was cool. Having voice commands for the dashboard is also really cool, but they really need a way to change your keyword. I want to say, "Computer-play video", not "Xbox-do this"!

The other kinect stuff was fucking painful.

Ashadow700

Jun 28, 2010
Do you really need to ask?
What I would like to know is why on earth MS keeps showing kinect at E3 and not at the Consumer Electronics Expo (that is what it is called right?) I mean, they have to understand themselfs that Kinects target audience does not watch E3.

Feste the Jester

Jul 10, 2009
It was really weak. I think some of the games (i.e. Ghost Recon and Mass Effect 3) integrated Kinect decently; but that's mainly because they used it as a small part of the gameplay. Action games that focused more heavily on Kinect usage are going to flub since they seem to be on rails based, ergo less fun than free roaming action. The presentations on using the Kinect for TV, Bing, etc. feel out of place in a game related conference. While some features might be interesting, I still don't find myself at all interested enough to purchase the Kinect at $150 (or really most any price for that matter). While not surprising, it's to bad to see Microsoft milking Halo after Bungie departed from the series. To top it off, the scripted sequences were poorly done and obvious.