So how is the gay marriage ruling going to impact you?

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
Dalisclock said:
mad825 said:
Even though I don't live in the U.S, my life is completely doomed now. The anarchy is now soon nigh! All prep the nuclear bunkers.
Better start drinking cola and saving those bottle caps!
And to think some fool already pissed his away on a video game! Fat lot of good that'll do him when some ghoul shoots at him and his leg goes flying across whatever unnecessarily untidy room he happens to be squatting in!

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
AccursedTheory said:
According to Bryan Fischer, of the American Family Association, the Supreme Court has forced America into sodomy.

So I guess there will be a lot more federally mandated butt sex. I am not opposed to this.

http://www.afa.net/the-stand/government/rainbow-jihadists-of-scotus/#.VY2Ttdd9rM8.twitter
Forced into sodomy?

Anyone want to tell the guy straight people tend to butt fuck? Hell, sometimes women even butt fuck men.

OT: I have many cups of delicious tears to drink. Also comedy material when people against this compare themselves to Martin Luther King.

In short, I'm having a ball.

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
I'm straight, so it doesn't affect me.
I live in the UK, so it REALLY doesn't affect me.
The UK already legalised gay marriage a couple years back, so it won't affect the country in which I live.

Basically it doesn't affect me beyond making me really happy for the LGBT community in the States.

But who knows. It could turn me and every other heterosexual male in the universe gay, open the gates of Hell, heralding the fiery procession of the Dark Prince come to steal all of creation from the powerless corpse of God while faithful blood is spilled in sacrifice to the New Master and their bodies sullied and devoured by the faithless and the demons who now rule the crumbled husk of the mankind's former glory. It's 50/50 really.

grey_space

Magnetic Mutant
Apr 16, 2012
I'm Irish, we voted gay marriage in a little while ago.

To me, it had zero impact other than for about 3 seconds I was actually proud of my country.

MrFalconfly

Sep 5, 2011
I'm straight so it doesn't really affect me.
I live in Denmark, so any business effects wouldn't be applicable either.

Also Denmark had its first legalized, and official gay wedding in 1989 (3 years before I was born).

Only way this affects me is making me happy that US gays can now marry as they choose.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
On a professional level it isn't going to impact me at all. On a personal level I find marriage in general to be an old and archaic thing that people use just for tax breaks. Personally I think people should just stay unmarried so if they ever decide to split there is no messy divorce. If I ever get into a relationship and the person I am with gets angry at me for not proposing I will just walk away from the relationship.

GrumbleGrump

Oct 14, 2014
None at all.

First, I don't live in the US.
Second, I'm not gay.
Third, even if I was, I wouldn't be marrying anyone in the near future.
Fourth, Arf arf arf.

Varrdy

Feb 25, 2010
In a direct way it wont but it has made many friends of mine happy as they are now recognised as legally married. If they're happy then I am happier as a result.

I'm also loving seeing the right-wing and/or religious types having a meltdown over it. Good. They deserve it for all the misery they've caused.

San Martin

Jun 21, 2013
this authoritarian and antidemocratic decision is quiwte likely to bring down GODS judgement on America and i think the apocalypse is gonna pretty fucking directly effect ALL of us!!!!!

cleric of the order

Sep 13, 2010
I doesn't really.
I live in Canada and frankly I can care less.
Little annoyed the internet was and is filled with people gassing on about Americas new "progessive" bill.
Bought time they caught up with the rest of the first world

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Personally? It makes me incredibly happy and gives me hope for the future. It makes me happy for a number of friends, knowing they can finally have their marriages (or soon-to-be marriages) recognized in whichever state they travel to. It also provides a wealth of comedic material for me as I openly mock the close-minded bigots of the Religious Right who consider this the 'beginning of the end' and are comparing their fight against the court's decision to MLK and the civil rights movement.

So...all in all, it's a great day.

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
In the UK here so the only appreciable impact is I've seen people posting a lot more rainbows on the internet lately.
Sure, there's a little vicarious happiness for the folk who are going to get married as a result of this, but the rainbow thing is the biggest appreciable effect on my life.

It's an important event though, for sure.

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
Bat Vader said:
On a professional level it isn't going to impact me at all. On a personal level I find marriage in general to be an old and archaic thing that people use just for tax breaks. Personally I think people should just stay unmarried so if they ever decide to split there is no messy divorce. If I ever get into a relationship and the person I am with gets angry at me for not proposing I will just walk away from the relationship.
I used to absolutely see your point about modern marriage until a month ago when my sister in law died at 25. They weren't married because they didn't see the point in it, being that both of them were atheists and didn't see the point. When she died, my brother had no say in carrying out her wishes (she never made a legal will) and her parents dominates the whole thing. It's also made things very stupid regarding their 2 kids and he isn't a surviving spouse on the death certificate or obit or anything else.

Basically, even if it personally seems archaic and pointless, it's become clear to me that as far as everyone else is concerned if you aren't married then you haven't legally bound yourself to that person and don't count. I guess if you have an amazing relationship with in-laws then you're alright, but it has a lot of legal ramifications, not to mention the tax stuff and dozens of other benefits.

asinann

Apr 28, 2008
It doesn't affect me personally one bit: unfortunately in some states there is a movement to abolish marriage licensing completely, as well as states trying to pass laws that will allow only church officials to marry people.

This is in addition to all the states that are telling their clerks that it's ok to ignore the law as long as you morally object to the law. The Texas state attorney general has said that he will not charge officials for failing to abide by the ruling (public employees by law aren't allowed to morally object when providing services, it comes with a hefty fine, and for repeat offenders, a jail sentence.)

hazydawn

Jan 11, 2013
Nicodemus said:
Bit of a glass houses and stones situation don't you think?
You'll have to specify. Your comment is needlessly ambigous. There is more than one interpretation possible. Please make your comment clear, it's annoying to aks if somebody is insulting me, because of their lack of foresight.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Lilani said:
Rainbows and glitter began to seep from my pores over the weekend, and I've been told the condition is terminal. By next week, I will have dissolved into a pile of Skittles.
<.<.....In that case, I will see you next week. :)

>-> To, pick up all the skittles....for totally non-eating related reasons...yeah... [sub][sub][sub] Lie down somewhere clean please. ;D[/sub][/sub][/sub]

OT: Anyway, this now means that my cousin can now get married in the state he lives in. Unless they also try to ban ALL marriages there like some are trying in other states, but that will only last for so long if they do anyway. ;p

Otherwise, I really like rainbows, so it's been a pretty good time so far. :)
[https://imageshack.com/i/0mqfadj]

Oct 10, 2011
I'm already in a state that legalized gay marriage, but now I can marry in any state if I so choose. Which I probably won't, since I kinda like California.

But I do have gay friends in more conservative states that this has a much bigger impact on, so that makes me happy!