So I finally picked up MW3 yesterday

Unborn023

Aug 17, 2009
And the second I asked for it (for 360) the guy at gamestop immediately said "Why do you want such a bad game". I tried to ignore him so I can give the game my own opinion and he spent the next 3 minutes trying to sell me on BF3 (which I played the Beta for and wasn't crazy about, granted, I did enjoy BF2".

Long story short I get it anyway and bring it home. Now I'm no noob to the CoD world and when I hopped online I was pleasantly surprised by the overhaul of the killstreak system. As far as the single player goes the graphics and action were top notch in my opinion (even if it might not look as good as BF3 on a top notch rig).

Now I see this happen every year. New CoD comes out, BF fans piss blood, other CoD fans can't stop bitching and the two parties join up and go occupy wall street. What is it about gamers that they can't accept that some people like some things that they do not. Why start a whole crusade and storm the offices of whoever upsets them.

I've also noticed that whenever 360 is brought up around a PS3 owner you're bound to hear "Ayo fuck xbox" and 90% of the time you weren't even comparing them. What is it about PSN that's making you guys so angry.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Unborn023 said:
Fappy said:
I am confused about the point of this thread :D
Scatterbrained rant more than anything. I guess my point is can't all us gamers just get along
The current "A Thing About Stuff" sitting at the bottom of the page right now (for me anyway) sums this whole topic up pretty nicely:

Oh, and sorry about the Gamestop employee. They have a habit of thinking we care about their advice.

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
Unborn023 said:
And the second I asked for it (for 360) the guy at gamestop immediately said "Why do you want such a bad game".
Isn't it annoying when the guys at gamestop try to influence your game purchases? : \
When my sister was buying a 3DS the other week the cashier spent a solid 3 minutes trying to convince her to get an Xbox instead....

Now I see this happen every year. New CoD comes out, BF fans piss blood, other CoD fans can't stop bitching and the two parties join up and go occupy wall street. What is it about gamers that they can't accept that some people like some things that they do not. Why start a whole crusade and storm the offices of whoever upsets them.
Seems to happen with just about every popular release, I agree that it's annoying >:[

I've also noticed that whenever 360 is brought up around a PS3 owner you're bound to hear "Ayo fuck xbox" and 90% of the time you weren't even comparing them. What is it about PSN that's making you guys so angry.
Alright I'll admit I'm a little guilty of this; I usually only do it when somebody asks me why I don't have an X box.... my answer is always "most of the games I want are non-exclusive anyway, so I'd rather pick the one that doesn't charge for online access"

Unborn023

Aug 17, 2009
Indeed I barely ever hear "Fuck battlefield". It's like a guy with a hot girlfriend that he's insecure about and feels the need to satisfy her by shunning other people's hot girlfriends. "Look at her she's all chubby and stuff and I bet she's a dead fish in the sack, NOT LIKE MY BATTLEFIELD!!!!!!"

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
I've started a policy of only listening to Game employees that look like characters from games I like. The old "Don't listen to them at all" rule was retracted after chatting Gears to a guy who looked like a slightly younger version of Lt. Kim from the first Gears game. It serves me well when they try to get me to pre-order everything under the sun.

As for the raging about preferring a different game, I've started carrying one of those don't give a fuck frog pictures around in my back pocket. I don't even have to talk to express how little I care about what they think.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
I remember this cashier who tried to sell me a preorder of MvC3 (the old one) based on the possibility that it may have new chars compared to the Japanese version because Tatsunoko vs Capcom did.

Poor guy, didn't know (or perhaps he didn't expect me to know that) TvC was released over a whole year later here, as opposed to MvC3's days worth of delay. They wouldn't add new chars for just that since it's practically a simultaneous release.

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
in the BF vs MW camp, I'm on the 'neither' side of the fence so I just came to offer you my condolences for buying such a bad game.... :)

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
Battlefield fans are far worse than the CoD fans right now. The CoD crowd was at its worst during MW2's height. By now most of them really just keep to their games while it's always the PC or Battlefield fans always trolling.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
It's the people, not the games. If they played something else they would compare whatever it was to something similar without even considering it for a moment. I don't particularly agree with what CoD has become - personally I do prefer Battlefield 3 to MW3 - but that doesn't mean I'm going to insult people for playing CoD.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
I like both CoD3 and BF3, and I'll play whichever one fits my mood at the time (whenever I can get myself to stop playing Skyrim lol)

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Unborn023 said:
What is it about PSN that's making you guys so angry.
It's not PSN. The ps3 gets such bad support. But as a ps3 owner, I get more angry at Sony about it.
I liked MW3 more than Battlefield 3...But it's only my 2nd CoD game so I guess I'm not as tired of it as everyone else. I don't plan on buying it every year but they can make it every year if they want.
Is it too much to ask if they just cut the tongue out of gamestop clerks?

Inglorious891

Dec 17, 2011
Seeing as I almost never buy my used games from Gamestop (I go to an independent entertainment store :D), I've never dealt with any kind of snarky employees giving me shit for my game choices.

And I'm not really a fan of either games, but I do perfer Battlefield 3 to MW3 (not that I own either, or likely will).

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
You can like CoD for all I care.

I'm no BF "fanboy", but what I do know is a bad game when I see one, whether it's popular or not; and I take great pride in knowing that not a penny of my money funds those greedy dickbags at Activision.

I just see it as a benchmark for decent developers to go: "Oh shit, our game's going too much the way of CoD. If we have any kind of self-decency, pride in our work or want respect from consumers, we'd better veer away from that kind of shit."

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
...and since the new TOS for teh escapist slowed my computer I've double-posted, so I'm just going to fill this up with my predicament whilst considering an awesome video to post below...

In fact, I'm just going to expand on my opinion:
Battlefield 3 is just a better game, it didn't have a V2 patch last weekend for nothing, adding challenges, more vehicles, more weapons, better maps, greater destruction, new gametype, massive gameplay fixes & tweaks, fixes to servers and game stability... and overall it has over CoD:
Less bugs, requires a brain, allows for teamwork & lone wolf, almost perfectly balanced, doesn't get old fast, a longer campaign that's equally as dull, better sound, visuals, developers, stats tracking system...

I'm not 100% behind FPS any more; I think it will be dead in 2 years time, but I will put money on it that BF3 is a higher quality, more content packed, perfectly challenging, well-balanced game.

chrono16

BOOM! Headshot.
May 9, 2010
teqrevisited said:
It's the people, not the games. If they played something else they would compare whatever it was to something similar without even considering it for a moment. I don't particularly agree with what CoD has become - personally I do prefer Battlefield 3 to MW3 - but that doesn't mean I'm going to insult people for playing CoD.
I do too. Just something about the way BF3 plays just sucks me in for hours. My fiance plays the shit out of CoD and I play it with her. I don't hate CoD, I play both and like both. Different strokes for different folks.