So I got my girlfriend gaming, but what can I have her play

Fujor

Dec 30, 2010
mass effect 2. portal 1-2

and i know its not out yet but Journey. i don't have a PS3 but im envious of that game and i've seen little of it

beaupeep

Jul 7, 2011
I would highly recommend Duck Hunt I'm not sure if it has been released in the States yet but I sure you could get an import. The game comes with an gun so there is no need for analog sticks or d-pads for that matter! I hope this helps.

Commissar Sae

Nov 13, 2009
My girlfriend loved Mount and blade (she cheated her way through but hey), my sister likes fable and loved Gun (though has so far disliked Red Dead Redemption) So really it depends on her tastes.

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
Ickorus said:
Co-op games, that's all I can say on the subject.
Absolutely this. The one girl I got into gaming was through Co-op FPS. You'll have to carry her at first and make sure not to set the difficulty to your usual level. Once she gets the hang of a game, she may start asking for advice on how to be better. That's when you give advice. Do not start telling her right away how to do stuff better! I know it's tempting to think she'll enjoy the game more if she gets better fast, but remember she needs to experience the joy of just screwing around in a game first.

mental_looney

Apr 29, 2008
Try some of the lego games maybe can do co-op and not hard and infinite lives good for starting out, Id's say give some smaller titles a go like deathspank or costume quest they aren't hard but good into rpgs, beyond good and evil not hard at all
anything wehere yo can put the difficulty down alot as well just to try it if she can pick up the conrols and only difficulty is an issue

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Portal or Mass Effect.

Those might work, despite the latter being a little bit more hardcore.

Flutterguy

Jun 26, 2011
Mario Kart, Portal 1/2, World of Warcraft, Halo 3 (trust me this one works very well), League of Legends, Resident Evil 4, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Zelda n moar Zelda and Team Fortress2. Some of these may be out of her current skill level but my GF who used to hate gaming loved these games.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Farther than stars said:
StBishop said:
ie. Like westerns? Try Red Dead.
Like Space and Horror/Frights? Try Dead Space.
Like Horses? Try Horsez on DS.
Really? You're kidding, right? GTA 4, the game with the longest tutorial ever in a game, is too hard for her and you suggest Dead Space? 0.o
And on the matter of GTA 4, you also mentioned Red Dead Redemption? C'mon Bishop, focus man!
Course Red Dead Redemption does have a horse... That idea I do like. Things rarely go wrong when you bring women and horses together. So I guess your suggestion about Horsez might well be the best one. But then the OP says he himself is not very into stuff like Nintendogs. So, you know, oh well.
Was pulling the first thing I thought of, but yeah, Dead Space probably wasn't my brightest moment.

I was more trying to flesh out my suggestion with some examples. ;)

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Schlen said:
She watched me play Bioshock and fallout 3 on the PS3 so she picked up fallout and started playing and enjoyed it, so far so good.

So far I have tried:
Fallout 3 - OK
Soul Calibur 4 - OK
Fallout: New vegas - boring >_<
Tekken 6 - not OK
Assassins Creed brotherhood - not ok
GTA IV - too hard
Bioshock 1-2 - too hard

So what do I get her now? My biggest problem with finding her a suitable game is that she's still having problems with dual thumbsticks so something which could introduce it with some ease would be great.

I'm really out of ideas
Get her TF2, since it is now free, works on Macs, and you can get her to be your pocket medic.

However, if your going to go down this road, DO WHAT EVER YOU CAN TO KEEP HER ALIVE.

So turn around to check for spies, throw her your sandvich when she is hurt, and take crockets to the face for her.

Kathinka

Jan 17, 2010
Bioshock 1-2 : too hard

seriously? what the...
dude...get a new girlfriend!

i kid, i kid ;P

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Schlen said:
My biggest problem with finding her a suitable game is that she's still having problems with dual thumbsticks so something which could introduce it with some ease would be great.
Get Ape Escape if you can find a copy. All PS3s play PS1 games so that won't be a problem, or if it's on your region's PS One Classics section, even better.

MissGinaKid

Mar 16, 2010
I would suggest getting her a DS and letting her try out the kinds of games she wants to play on there. If you still have a PS2 lying around then I would highly recommend the kingdom hearts games or ape escape 2 or 3 (I'd recommend 3 since you can play as a girl and it has Less items to manage). That last one has a bit of a learning curve too i but once you figure it out then it works out very well.

SuperGauntlet

Jun 26, 2011
Fallout is a good one, and if she likes RPGs, go with either a MMORPG or Oblivion.

If she likes the shooting part of it, Half Life 2 and Left 4 Dead (2) are good.

If she's more cerebral, go with Portal or Portal 2's co-op.

Krinku

Feb 5, 2011
What does she like? Does she like epic stories? Great puzzles? RPGs? I would suggest going back to SNES era or N64 if you can, and expose her to some easier, but classic games( Mario 64, Starfox, Zelda, etc.)

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Its curious that Fallout 3 is ok, but Bioshock is "too hard". Set on easy is pretty, pretty easy... besides, you can't die.

Portal and Portal 2 are pretty good games for starters. They spend a lot of time as tutorials and the puzzles ramp up nicely...

Another examples are Burnout Paradise and Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit. Don't get into any even, just let her roam around (free style) until she gets used to the controls.

JimmyC99

Jul 7, 2010
ummm Minecraft (you can turn monsters off its relatively low spec, cheap and you can dump mods on it to make it more fun, like Better than wolves, and the Painterly texture pack

Simeon Ivanov

Jun 2, 2011
What's wrong with Assassin's Creed???!!! :/

Also, if she liked Fallout, try something other Bethesda games. I'd try with Bioware (Mass Effect 2)