So, I have 1 litre of Bacardi, any suggestions of what to put with it?

ArcadianDrew

Sep 3, 2014
As the title says I have a litre bottle of Bacardi still from christmas. Only problem is I don't know what mixer to use this time. I usually have coke but have gotten bored of using coke to mix with everything, so I wondered if anyone here had some good/novel suggestions. Anything interesting and nice to go with Bacardi?

For (even) more discussion value, what's everyone else drinking spirit wise right now and what's your favourite type of drink?

Edit: Oh yeah, did forget to mention it's the white variety of Bacardi.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Can you mix Bacardi with lime, or is that hideous? You might want to try ginger beer instead, like Edith suggested.

I like Cobra and Tiger beer, especially with curry and/or seafood. Non-alcoholic Cobra has a delightful taste as well, though I suppose many must find it like Marmite - they either love it or hate it.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
How about Pepsi? It's like Coke, but doesn't suck. (Don't hate, people. Just callin' 'em like I see 'em.)

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
What kind of bacardi is it? There's a bunch of different types and each one requires different mixers (and the extra spiced one requires no mixers because it's disgusting and should be thrown away).

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
How about putting it in the bin. Bacardi tastes awful.

:D

Or I dunno, maybe orange juice, or some kind of fizzy orange. Those bacardi breezers things aren't completely piss-awful.

Itdoesthatsometimes

Aug 6, 2012
Bacardi rum-Sprite-scoop of lime sherbet/ mint leaf garnish.

Bacardi rum-Red Bull-dash of grenadine/ Cherry garnish.

Bacardi rum-Red Bull-splash of coke/ lemon wedge garnish.

1 part Bacardi rum-1/2 part OJ, 1 part pineapple juice [from a concentrate], 1/2 part orange soda/ cherry and orange wheel garnish.

Bacardi rum-Bacadri 151-splash of coke.

CrazyBlaze

Jul 12, 2011
Yeah it really depends on what type. Is it white? Spiced? Gold? Dark?

Frankly I like coke and rum but since you are looking for something new can I recommend root beer? I really like it with the white rum. Either that or straight. I like drinking it straight, especially the oakheart.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
No idea for Bicardi. I would assume Coke, but I don't really know.

My favourite drink is rum and Coke. Specifically, Kraken Black Spiced Rum. When I first tried it, I thought there was no way it could taste good enough to deserve such an awesome bottle. I was wrong. It's quite smooth and the licorice flavour really stands out.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Wait...you actually need a mixer for Bacardi? If you're drinking Bacardi, you've gotta do it with straight-up shots, no chaser. :p

Or I'm sure if you snooped around on this site you could find some interesting things to make with it:
http://www.thedrunkenmoogle.com/

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
sky14kemea said:
How about putting it in the bin.
Weeeeeeeee have a winner! Get Kraken spiced rum and mix it with Crabbies alcoholic ginger beer. Goodbye evening. Or get a good golden rum and drink it neat.

Edit: Oh! Oh! Do what my parents do: shoehorn a bunch of berries in there with some sugar. No idea of amounts of either, sorry. Leave it for several weeks/few months, giving it the occasional shake to mix it up. Eventually enjoy delicious sweet fruity rum. Apply to face and proceed to get wankered.

Twintix

Jun 28, 2014
Well, if you have some ginger ale and lime juice, you can mix a Fidel Castro. It's delicious when mixed with spiced dark rum. Or perhaps with some warm apple juice or cider? That might work, too.

Having a sweet tooth, I'm rather partial to sweet drinks. Moscow Mule, Fidel Castro, White Russian and pretty much any drink with liqueurs or fruit. I made some cocoa liqueur for Christmas, and my brother (who is a bartender) made a drink for me with the liqueur, milk and orange juice, chilled with ice. It was incredibly tasty.

One drink that I feel is a bit of a must have during the cold winter months, especially after spending the enitre day in the ski slope, is blueberry soup mixed with gin and lemon juice. Warm, comforting, not too sweet (depending on the amount of gin and lemon) and delicious. If you can find blueberry soup, give it a try!

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
Twintix said:
White Russian
You didn't explicitly state that Caucasians have rum in them, but given the context I would advise against OP trying those without vodka.
If you want basic, skip rum and cokes and go for a Cuba Libre (a rum and coke with lime). If you want to get fancy, go for Mojitos, Caipirinha, Hurricanes, Mai Tais or Weasley's (rum, tonic water and sour cherry juice). If you can look outside and see snow, make Egg Nog.
Rum shines in crazy-ass cocktails, go nuts.

Twintix

Jun 28, 2014
SecondPrize said:
Twintix said:
White Russian
You didn't explicitly state that Caucasians have rum in them, but given the context I would advise against OP trying those without vodka.
Ah, you misunderstood me. He was adding discussion value by asking what people are drinking at the moment and what their favorite drinks are. I was answering that question. I like sweet drinks, so I like White Russian.

I should've made it more clear, I'm sorry. >-<'

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
Twintix said:
SecondPrize said:
Twintix said:
White Russian
Ah, you misunderstood me. He was adding discussion value by asking what people are drinking at the moment and what their favorite drinks are. I was answering that question. I like sweet drinks, so I like White Russian.

I should've made it more clear, I'm sorry. >-<'
No, that was my fault. You must never apologize for drinking the tastiest and most sublime of all drinks, friend. You should have been ruthlessly savage with me instead. It is I who am sorry.

murrow

Sep 3, 2014
If you don't mind relegating the rum to a supporting role, you could make a sangria. Mix it with Cointreau, a bottle of red wine and chopped fruits. I normally choose fruits with different textures to make it more interesting (grapes, apples, oranges, pineapples). Serve it all in a large pitcher with some ice and you're set.

A pleasant summer drink that's likely to liven up any get-together.

TheCaptain

A Guy In A Hat
Feb 7, 2012
Not much a Bacardi man myself, but as far as rum goes, I like drinking it with port and a squirt of lemon or lime juice...