So I heard you like Mass Effect Two...

WillSimplyBe

Mar 16, 2009
Hey there again, fellow escapists!

I recently just gained some new information from a friend about some leaked filenemaes that made their way out from Bioware and I just had to share them here.

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/5618/canhave.png

Yes, if this is to believed, then Shepard Will have 3 romance options and one fling, options dependant upon gender. And it seems that Samara is no where on the list to be found. Tali will be one of the romance options for Male, and Garrus will be one for female.

Eh, I like Garrus, hell, he is one of the most badass dudes from ME... but I don't know about a Human/Turian relationship...

Also, perhaps we will finally see Tali's face!

ALSO, in addition to this, I was informed of THIS! http://kotaku.com/5452099/mass-effect-2-is-latest-ea-game-to-sweeten-the-deal-for-original-purchasers

Apparently they are doing the whole Shale DLC thing, and giving Shepard another comrade that was not on the list. Shepard will be joined by zaeed, a deadly mercenary.

Also, it seems they will be doing some sort of special DLC system. http://www.ea.com/news/bioware-unveils-the-cerberus-network

So what do you think about the First day DLC? The Tali/Garrus Romance? Personally I kinda dig tali... but Garrus... Turians have never held much aesthetic appeal for me. How about the New guy?

Willsimplybe do good?

*EDIT*
I know some people already know this but that doesn't mean everyone does, and this thread is really discussion about this info, not just "hey, look what I found". That said, Hey, look what I found!

(yes, I am that speshul. >_<)

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
I erm, i think i already knew all this. You might be late to the party my friend and the rest of us have already drank the booze and are puking on your bedsheets.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Oh for the love of God I hope the relationships with Tali and Garrus are platonic. Otherwise it would just be plain weird.

WillSimplyBe

Mar 16, 2009
Demon ID said:
I erm, i think i already knew all this. You might be late to the party my friend and the rest of us have already drank the booze and are puking on your bedsheets.
unfortunately, yes I am aware I was a little late, but there are *plenty* of people who don't know at all yet. So I took the liberty of sharing.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Demon ID said:
Ahh... good times.

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
Geo Da Sponge said:
Oh for the love of God I hope the relationships with Tali and Garrus are platonic. Otherwise it would just be plain weird.
Agreed. It would just make things awkward on the battlefield. There's a reason why I never use Liara.

Acier

Nov 5, 2009
Um, this is old news?

EDIT, Yay confirmation.

I guess Jack is the FemSheps crew option.

But my previous statement still stands, Everyone wants a piece of Shepard.

T3h Merc

Dec 24, 2008
THE HYPNO TOAD
You must forget... You must forget... You must forget...

DAMN YOU TO HELL! WRAP IT IN SPOILER TAGS!

LIKE THIS!

flaming_squirrel

Jun 28, 2008
CAPS TITLE IS FULL OF CAPS, WHY IS THERE SO MUCH CAPS?

I'd rather not know any information on potential character development, playing the game already knowing what's going to happen is somewhat retarded, no?

Zephirius

Jul 9, 2008
Quarians have no immune system to speak of though, so wouldn't giving Tali some lovin' infect her with billions of your hostile alien germs, any of which can kill her with little effort?

Unless she still never removes her gear, but that just makes it a friendship, doesn't it?

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
WillSimplyBe said:
Demon ID said:
unfortunately, yes I am aware I was a little late, but there are *plenty* of people who don't know at all yet. So I took the liberty of sharing.
I completely understand, i just wanted an excuse to use a party metaphor :)

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Damn, romancing Garrus is the only thing that might get me to skip romancing Tali. Heck, I'd romance Garrus even with a male character, he's that awesome!

WillSimplyBe

Mar 16, 2009
Furburt said:
Sigh, caps locked title annoys me greatly.

And I've heard all this before! This party blows. At least I got to drink all the booze and puke on the bedsheets.
I removed the caps locks... I was excited, lol.

Demon ID said:
WillSimplyBe said:
Demon ID said:
I completely understand, i just wanted an excuse to use a party metaphor :)
Oh good, I thought I was going to be beaten to death by people screaming at me for posting something that some people already knew, but the majority of people didn't. heh. That would have made me a sad cheshire kitty...(which incidentally, looks exactly like a happpy one... botox faces.)

Jul 9, 2008
Zephirius said:
Quarians have no immune system to speak of though, so wouldn't giving Tali some lovin' infect her with billions of your hostile alien germs, any of which can kill her with little effort?

Unless she still never removes her gear, but that just makes it a friendship, doesn't it?
Two things:
1)Bioware had said that Human and Quarian diseases are incompatible (i.e, we couldn't catch a Quarian cold), and since the Normandy is a sterile environment...

2)It was said on one of the books that, for the past few hundred years, Quarians had been boosting their immune systems with supplements, so they don't really need the suits anymore, they're just sort of a cultural thing. I mean, think of all the hundreds of suit breaches Tali would have gotten in the first game during fire-fights, if their immune system was still that weak, the first should have killed her.

Both kind of ass-pulls, I know, but if I get to love Tali, I don't mind.

Jul 9, 2008
Jandau said:
Damn, romancing Garrus is the only thing that might get me to skip romancing Tali. Heck, I'd romance Garrus even with a male character, he's that awesome!
It's the only consolation I have for not being able to romance Tali with my FemShep.

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
I happy to be able to romace up Tali, even if I saw the cutscene and you don't get to see her face.

Could kinda see Garrus coming since he is fangirl bait, I'm pretty sure every fangirls team is gonna be both Garrus and Thane...BTW, I would love to see fight over FemShep...Must refinish ME and import my FemShep over, if I get to finish with her.