So I heard you like Mass Effect Two...

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Geo Da Sponge said:
Oh for the love of God I hope the relationships with Tali and Garrus are platonic. Otherwise it would just be plain weird.
Speak for yourself, I like me some Tali.

WillSimplyBe said:
Yeah, I really have no clue how they could pull off a Garrus romance.... It makes me think of that comic with shep in bed with Liara and Wrex.... don't have it queued up though. I'm not even wild about thane really either. Do like Jacob though. So the one out of three happening to be the one my femshep was going to romance is still a win, i suppose.

On the other side, at least tali is a humanoid.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Crazycat690 said:
Geez, relashionships in a game? ...Like the sims? lol, nerds are getting pretty desperate if they search for female relations in games ._.
That's a pretty igonrant comment.

Ever heard of narrative?

Jenova65

Oct 3, 2009
WillSimplyBe said:
TheNamlessGuy said:

Sorry

OT: Well, la-di-da.
I don't really like Mass Effect, though...

I have no idea why I clicked on this
Thank you, now I feel special. (Not in the good way.)

Anyway, this is really a discussion *ABOUT* this stuff, not just "hey look!"
Meh, rise above it, dude :)
Couldn't get the first link to work, btw :-(

ReaperzXIII

Jan 3, 2010
Zephirius said:
Quarians have no immune system to speak of though, so wouldn't giving Tali some lovin' infect her with billions of your hostile alien germs, any of which can kill her with little effort?
She better hope Shepard has no STIs or else his herpes could give her a super AIDs.

MiracleOfSound said:
FUCK Bioware DLC.

Seriously, ME2 is going to be amazing but I don't want a Dragon Age situation where the fucking game nags me to buy extra shit for it.
To complain about BioWare DLC you have to buy the BioWare complaint DLC

WillSimplyBe

Mar 16, 2009
Internet Kraken said:
WillSimplyBe said:
How do you know? Do we actually know what Quarians look like now?
Well from the suit alone, you can tell quarian bodies are shaped like human bodies. Also, you can see her eyes and nose even with the helmet. I reckon that makes her fall under the category of "Humanoid".

TsunamiWombat said:
Geo Da Sponge said:
Oh for the love of God I hope the relationships with Tali and Garrus are platonic. Otherwise it would just be plain weird.
Speak for yourself, I like me some Tali.

WillSimplyBe said:
Yeah, I really have no clue how they could pull off a Garrus romance.... It makes me think of that comic with shep in bed with Liara and Wrex.... don't have it queued up though. I'm not even wild about thane really either. Do like Jacob though. So the one out of three happening to be the one my femshep was going to romance is still a win, i suppose.

And the TsunamiWombat with the assist! xD thank you very much

Jenova65 said:
WillSimplyBe said:
TheNamlessGuy said:

Sorry

thanks ^_^

Sorry about the link, it works for me oddly enough... Anyway, basically it is a list of filenames for scenes of Shepard in his(or her) cabin with several other crewmates, among which are Tali Zorah Vas Normandy and Garus Vakarian.

O_O long post is long, sorry.

I'm hoping a lot of that first day DLC is free, or at least very inexpensive, like 3 bucks tops. Looking forward to a vehicle other than the mako this time around. Hurray for vehicles without wonky driving!

Also, this is my last ME2 thread, so you can cease with the death threats, lol. I'll just post in every ME2 thread I see instead of making my own, lol.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
WillSimplyBe said:
Internet Kraken said:
WillSimplyBe said:
Well from the suit alone, you can tell quarian bodies are shaped like human bodies. Also, you can see her eyes and nose even with the helmet. I reckon that makes her fall under the category of "Humanoid".
Right, Quarians are humanoid. But just because they are humanoid doesn't mean they don't differ from humans vastly in terms of biology. They probably look completely different from what you guys are thinking of, whatever it is.

Speaking of which I always found it weird that you could barely see some features of Tali's face under her helmet. Because they don;t have much detail it causes an uncanny valley effect, at least for me.

Acier

Nov 5, 2009
Internet Kraken said:
WillSimplyBe said:
You can see the main shape of her face through her helmet, and it's very humanoid. She's much more anamorphic than Garrus is at least. I don't know whether to praise Bioware for listening to their fans so well or to be kinda weirded out by the Tali/Garrus thing.

A little but of both I guess.

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
"So I heard you like Mass Effect 2s..."
"MASS EFFECT 2S? I LUUUUUUUUUUUUVE MASS EFFECT 2S."
"O RLY? So, would you ever fuck a Mass Effect 2, that is.." (he cuts me off before I could said 'if you were a Mass Effect 2')
"OF COURSE."
"Well I just happen to have a Mass Effect 2 here, and..."

Before I finished the sentence, which would have resulted in me hitting him across the face with the game, he grabbed it. In one swift motion his pants were down and he was violently humping it. Not to get between a man and his Mass Effect 2 I started to walk away, because there is no way I'd be caught wrestling a half-naked crazy guy humping a Mass Effect 2.

Mmm, delicious (slightly edited) copypasta.

FactualSquirrel

Dec 10, 2009
Zephirius said:
Quarians have no immune system to speak of though, so wouldn't giving Tali some lovin' infect her with billions of your hostile alien germs, any of which can kill her with little effort?

Unless she still never removes her gear, but that just makes it a friendship, doesn't it?
I would love to have your friends.....

As long as they were girls, obviously.

jkklol94

Jan 23, 2010
I hope most people don't buy this game for the sex :/ but it will probably help shape their opinion on buying it......sadly

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
ReaperzXIII said:
[

MiracleOfSound said:
FUCK Bioware DLC.

Seriously, ME2 is going to be amazing but I don't want a Dragon Age situation where the fucking game nags me to buy extra shit for it.
To complain about BioWare DLC you have to buy the BioWare complaint DLC
I wanted to tell Shale...

'Hey dude... you're pretty coool and everything... but man, I resented the way the game nagged me to pay extra money for you'

And he said:

'Actually I'm not a dude. I'm a chick.

And you will have to send your complaint to the Bioware Complaint DLC. It's 25 euros.'

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
RatRace123 said:
Geo Da Sponge said:
Your hope is dashed, it's plain weird.

Seriously I've seen videos, and it's like Bioware decided to hire bad fanfiction writers to write those parts.
I actually thought Tali's was handled quite well. Her awkwardness is so fucking adorable that I can't help but like her.

Garrus though, I don't know how they're going to get away with explaining that one semi-logically.

WillSimplyBe

Mar 16, 2009
jkklol94 said:
I hope most people don't buy this game for the sex :/ but it will probably help shape their opinion on buying it......sadly
Nah, I seriously doubt that would be a deciding factor for anyone, not over the storyline and improved gameplay mechanics.

Internet Kraken said:
WillSimplyBe said:
Internet Kraken said:
WillSimplyBe said:
Right, Quarians are humanoid. But just because they are humanoid doesn't mean they don't differ from humans vastly in terms of biology. They probably look completely different from what you guys are thinking of, whatever it is.

Speaking of which I always found it weird that you could barely see some features of Tali's face under her helmet. Because they don;t have much detail it causes an uncanny valley effect, at least for me.
One quick lay for man... one collective wtf moment for humanity.

xD, couldn't resist...

But yeah, with this much over a quarian romance, a Turian romance disturbs me more. The game is highly praised already, but I'm wondering just how in the world they pulled that off.

(whitty name here)

Apr 20, 2009

Jenova65

Oct 3, 2009
WillSimplyBe said:
Jenova65 said:
WillSimplyBe said:
TheNamlessGuy said:

Sorry

thanks ^_^

Sorry about the link, it works for me oddly enough... Anyway, basically it is a list of filenames for scenes of Shepard in his(or her) cabin with several other crewmates, among which are Tali Zorah Vas Normandy and Garus Vakarian.

O_O long post is long, sorry.

I'm hoping a lot of that first day DLC is free, or at least very inexpensive, like 3 bucks tops. Looking forward to a vehicle other than the mako this time around. Hurray for vehicles without wonky driving!

Also, this is my last ME2 thread, so you can cease with the death threats, lol. I'll just post in every ME2 thread I see instead of making my own, lol.
My laptop is often not a friend to me, and is unhelpful and grumpy much of the time, I will try it again :)

Grimrider6

Aug 27, 2008
(whitty name here) said:
Grimrider6 said:
Crazycat690 said:
Geez, relashionships in a game? ...Like the sims? lol, nerds are getting pretty desperate if they search for female relations in games ._.
They've been doing it for years here in Japan. Get with the times, people. Virtual Love is the future.
Yeah one guy loved it so much, he marries the damn game.
Don't believe me?http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/96341-Japanese-Man-Marries-Videogame-Girlfriend
A love free of heartbreak. Free of disease. Free of unwanted, accidental procreation. What sickening mass of flesh, pulsating as it is with teeming hordes of bacteria, could ever hope to hold a candle to such perfection? Truly, my hat goes off to that gentleman. I wish him and his silicon bride only the best.

Ricotez

Jan 17, 2010
In ME1, Tali is the cute lass who always wears an environment suit concealing her face and knows more about your ship than the crew.

In ME2, she's just downright creepy.

Aside from that, I am very happy to see the Mako go. It was all right on large, plain surfaces, but unfortunately you don't encounter them too often (and if you did, there was likely a Thrasher Maw nearby). I almost drove myself off the skybridges on Feros the first time I had to drive it, and the journey through the deep alleys of Ilos involved more crashes than your average pinball machine the last time I had to drive it.

I'm also happy to see they improved the inventory system. Simply put, I hate the inventory system in Mass Effect. I always lose track of how much stuff I have and who wields what, usually boiling down in large amounts of Omni-Gel (literally) when I hit that stupid 150 item limit once again.