So I just got acquainted with "The Boys" Amazon's adaption of a very "unique" Superhero Comic Book.

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
From briefly flipping through the comics, the tv show changes are much better. I usually like tv show and animated adaptions of cape comics, since they are able to edit out most of the stupid and bloated nonsense into something more streamlined, but still keeping the creativity intact.

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
I was disappointed that Stormfront didn't really use offensive racial slurs or the N word in private. It would have suited her character.

Last edited:

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I enjoyed it but overall I'd say the season 2 arc was pretty scattershot and not as interesting or purposeful as season 1. It felt like a holding pattern more than anything else. Characters and subplots get introduced more frequently than they wrap up, and the lack of direction meant the middle meandered and the big finale didn't pack much of a punch. I appreciate having a sense of closure this time around but also the show didn't give me much to get pumped for season 3. Too many lucky breaks and last minute saves to feel any real tension anymore.