So, I just tried OnLive

AlexLoxate

Sep 3, 2010
I knew about the service ever since it was announced. Having established a 4Mbps connection just over a moth ago, I decided to try it out. I find it quite impressive, and really do see it as a potential way to play games on my PC. I like that you don't need a great GPU to run the latest games. What puzzles me a bit is whether it's officially available in Europe. Which would make my test rather odd since I'm from Europe.

So, Escapist, what's your experience with OnLive? Also, is there anyone from Europe who's tried it?

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011
I can't even use it my internet is 2.5 MB/s (next month its getting upgraded to 5 MB/s) but I won't use it because it'll blow up the bandwitch meter.

migo

Jun 27, 2010
Joseph375 said:
OnLive was a broken POS. I tried to sign in but it wouldn't let me, then I tried again later and it said the connection wasn't fast enough. It's also bad because if you cancel you lose everything, because they aren't yours, they aren't on a disk or even saved on your hard drive. If OnLive should go out of business or get hacked you could lose everything you bought from it. I like Steam way better.
Onlive isn't a broken POS, your internet connection is. That means it doesn't work for you, and if you don't use it because of that, it's fine. But don't blame onlive for your shitty internet.

migo

Jun 27, 2010
yuval152 said:
I can't even use it my internet is 2.5 MB/s (next month its getting upgraded to 5 MB/s) but I won't use it because it'll blow up the bandwitch meter.
That is the main issue, I can easily go through 10GB in a day, which is still noticable with my 250GB download cap. It used to be 110GB though, so if it gets automatically bumped to 400-500GB it'll start being more viable.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
I haven't even bothered, what with Aussie internet speeds and the fine print related to online accounts.