So, I passed out during Prometheus today. . . [SPOILERS TOO]

vkola

Jul 12, 2011
Don't remember if there where any bright flashes in that scene, if it were.. then it might have been a epileptic seizure.. Go see a doctor and they will help you determine if it's EP with a few tests.. There is some good medicine for EP, but they also have some pretty bad side effects..

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Something similar happened to me twice, but I wasn't watching a movie.. I work in a Liesure centre as a lifeguard and I just casually got off the chair and my vision started going blurry, I leaned on the wall for balance and looked at the other lifeguard who was at the other side of the pool, then I dropped my head for what felt like a second and I looked back up and he was right beside me. The tingly arms and legs thing I noticed too.

The second time I was playing Mortal Kombat and pretty much the same thing happened.

Edit: Just thought I should mention that after the first time it happened I got one of our fitness coaches to take my blood pressure out of curiosity and it was low.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
I'm in no way squeamish, but I remember some video in science almost put me out. Started to feel really cold and ended up having to rest my head in my hands on the desk. Luckily I always sat at the back so no one noticed.

I did lose consciousness after a vaccination though. Whilst we sat there after having it the room just suddenly seemed as if it was underwater. I do remember drifting to one side but after that just nothing until I woke up horizontal, drenched in a cold sweat and with one of those kidney-shaped bowls in front of my face. Apparently I'd fallen onto my mate's shoulder, he thought I was mucking about (I joked about fainting before we went in) so he pushed me to the other side onto someone else. When he did the same I ended up folding forwards and they called the nurse over.

Corporal Yakob

Nov 28, 2009
I didn't pass out but I still found that scene very difficult to watch, clenching my teeth and sounding like a boiling kettle that occasionally whispered "Fucking hell...."-still, I did get a chuckle out of her stapling herself up, good as new.

Captcha: ginned up

You just needed some Dutch courage to get through that bit!

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
Well, remind me never to watch that.
At least it wasn't as bad as me though. I passed out during sex ed because I was already sick. The only thing that made it slightly better is that I passed out the next day as well but it was still a horrible time for it to happen.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
rhizhim said:
the only time i felt uncomfortable was when i watched the twist to everything is illuminated.

the squid scene was not that disgusting. maybe because i was laughing that Charlize Theron brought a surgical bed for men. how did she not check this? or is she a he/she?
The surgical bed was intended for that old guy.

I have, to my knowledge, never passed out. Awesome!

Isaac The Grape

Apr 27, 2010
Sacman said:
Last time I got in a fight with my brother...

I threw a headbutt that achieved knocking us both unconscious for about a half hour each... good thing I was the first one up... cut my head open and left a hell of a bruise on his...<.<
Done that myself, with feet and teeth. Needless to say it was convenient we were both still teething...

ScaryAlmond

Sep 12, 2011
It was a pretty gruesome part but what I found truly weird was how it was pretty much completely forgotten.
She goes into the next room and doesn't say holy crap I just gave birth to a tentacle baby its smile and talk to an old guy, until the end I wasn't really sure what it was until you found out they left the dangerous alien organism completely unattended.
To me the movie just seemed like bits and pieces attempting to create a story but just ended up completely disjointed hopefully if the directors cut comes out we might get a flowing story.
I have a very high tolerance to on screen gruesome because you know its all fake it just doesn't seep through.

Advice sounds like you may need to see a doctor (you too Soxafloppin) you need to get a diagnosis one of my mates had the same thing happens every so often for no apparent reason he pretty much goes into a passed out state last time it nearly killed him.
But from the sounds of it, it is probably a minor epileptic fit.
While the movie may have been the trigger it is likely there is a major underlying problem.
The good thing is you will know what is wrong the bad thing is when you find out they may take away your license.

EDIT
Good to hear its nothing too severe

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
Kids nowadays, with their weak stomachs and their skateboards on the sidewalks. Go to some morgues and watch a few autopsies. That'll fix ya right up!

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
Doclector said:
I'm a hardened horror nerd, so no.

I was going to tell you to see a doctor, but it seems from other, "normal" people's posts that this isn't that uncommon. I'd still advise it, though, especially if it happens again.
Yeah. Not like it could hurt to be too safe and have a check up anyway.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
See a doctor. Dont assume correlation=causation. This may have been something that could have happened to you at any time and it just happened to hit you when you were watching that scene.

Could be epilepsy or, and I dont want to scare you, but it could be something worse than epilepsy. See a Doctor.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
I found that entire segment very difficult to watch, but I didn't pass out. I also cringed every time she took a hit to the stomach from that scene onwards, in my head I was going "Jesus CHRIST stop hitting her there!!!"

Popadoo

May 17, 2010
I once sucked in too much helium from a balloon and passed out, but I doubt it was anything like that.
Also, your friend thought you were faking, and then proceeded to hit you?
...not the best way to deal with someone who just passed out, but ok!

NephTS

Feb 14, 2011
See a doctor. Like now. I can't believe you didn't go to the ER after something like that. Nothing about what you described sounds like fainting.

Skratt

Dec 20, 2008
They asked if I wanted to watch them cut my wife open during the c-section. I politely declined. I'm not sure if seeing the insides of someone you love has a greater effect, but I wasn't going to find out.

And I'm not really the kind to freak out about that kind of thing.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
I nearly passed out when I saw such a massive spoiler in the OP without any warning or spoiler box.

sheah1

Jul 4, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
I nearly passed out when I saw such a massive spoiler in the OP without any warning or spoiler box.
It....... It's in the title.... And it's been in the title since long before your post....