So i was just wondering...

lack of self CTRL

Jun 6, 2009
A random question/answer thread for all us escapists.

First question: I was just wondering, Why does Lex Luthor hate Superman's guts?

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
Mackheath said:
Because Lex Luthor has a massive bald head and is jealous of Superman's chiselled Yankee good looks.
Actually that's not far off. It was because of him losing his hair that he hated Super Man. Ok there was more to it but I don't really know it.

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
According to Blackest Night, Lex wants to be Superman. Basically, it's jealousy and the fact that Superman tends to stop his villainous schemes [twirl moustache].

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
It's because as a child Superman destroyed his lab which made him bald. Weak motivation huh?

Mr Pantomime

Jul 10, 2010
Banana Phone Man said:
Mackheath said:
Because Lex Luthor has a massive bald head and is jealous of Superman's chiselled Yankee good looks.
Actually that's not far off. It was because of him losing his hair that he hated Super Man. Ok there was more to it but I don't really know it.
So youre saying Superman gave Lex Luthor cancer? What a bastard.

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
Mr Pantomime said:
Banana Phone Man said:
Mackheath said:
Heck, I don't know. I was never a Super man fan to begin with.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Mr Pantomime said:
It wasn't cancer. From the Smallville mythos he just never grew head hair. Kinda weird that he has eyebrows now that I'm thinking about it. Apparently the real reason is artist mistake that they just went with. Lex Luthor is actually a ginger.

The real reason is homoerotic jealousy.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
Because Superman made an extremely vaguely named thread and is asking a question that can be /threaded by a Superman fan who knows this kind of stuff.

Fwee

Sep 23, 2009
Mackheath said:
That's the original beginning of the feud. As a theme it's become more of a story of a regular man's refusal to accept imposed law and the status quo. At least that's my take on it. I wish I had a college class to write about this kind of thing!