So I went to a strip club the other day...

stockvillain

Mar 16, 2009
I'm ex-military, so yes. I have indeed been to several strip clubs. They were fun at the time, and a great way to blow your expendable cash instead of spending it wisely [or saving it]. I'd have to say that the ones in California had the best-looking gals, although Florida deserves an honorable mention. I recall one in Florida with a rather enjoyable "private dance room" . . . . ahh, the ill-spent days of our youth . . .

Wyes

Aug 1, 2009
I used to have qualms about going to strip clubs, partially because I thought it'd be a little demeaning (for the girls, and for myself). Then one night, some time after I'd turned 18, my older brother decided it was time I spent a night out in the city (there is no saying 'no' to my brother), and inevitably we ended up at a strip club with some of his friends.

And you know what? I had fun. At first it's a little awkward, but eventually I loosened up and had a great time. My great time may have been contributed to by my brother paying for everything.

Most of the girls seemed to be enjoying themselves, a few didn't as much, and I hate to say it but that's because they weren't the more attractive girls there and thus weren't getting tipped as much. One thing I came to realise though is that all of those girls were very talented, and not just in a 'I'm good at looking attractive' sense, but in that many were just downright great dancers; they get paid well, but they work hard for that pay. However, the conditions were good; the girls all looked healthy, the club was clean, the patrons were well behaved, and the bouncers gave stern warnings about treatment of the girls and general conduct.

All that said, I probably wouldn't go again, for two reasons; I'd only go in a group (which is counter-intuitively less creepy than going by yourself, at least for me), and more importantly I don't have that much disposable income. My brother spent around $600 that night, in the strip club alone.

EDIT: Just a side note, there were a few girls in that group of friends, and while most of them probably weren't getting the same thing out of it as we were, even they ended up having good times.

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
wouldnt go to one probably... well... unless my freinds brought me... which i think would be very odd... most of them are girls... i think that would be fun... maybeh... anywho. im not the kind of guy who would go to a strip club.

maxben

Jun 9, 2010
Girl With One Eye said:
Personally I think its disgusting, and I find the fact that you're bragging about it even more disgusting
Why?
As I've been to both classy male and female strip clubs I fail to see what you mean, and I've gone with girls and guys to both.
Is it objectifying of people (notice I didn't say women) that is at issue? If so, you're screwed in this world (plus, strippers are fascinating to talk to).
Is it the sexual entertainment aspect? Well that's a choice, but to call it disgusting is offensive.

Seriously, your tastes are your tastes but you are being inconsiderate and unfair by trying to put the rest of us down because we don't agree with you. Especially this guy who just went for his birthday party for the first time.

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
I guess it would be cool, but it isn't the type of place I would go even if I was old enough.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
s0denone said:
Thaius said:
No... just no. To be honest, I hate the very idea of them. Their very purpose, everything they stand for and the entire reason they exist involves and encourages the objectification and demeaning of women, and I don't think they're good for the men there either. I'm no feminist, but I stand strongly against the places.
You realise that if you closed all the strip-clubs, a lot of hard-working(Really!) women would be out of their jobs, right? You'd be taking their livelihood away from them. Nobody is forcing the women to become strippers, it's their own choice. You're not ruining it for the men, you're ruining it for the women.

How are they not good for the men there, though? That point I'm curious about.
Yeah, how many women do you think wanted to be a stripper when they were little? Very few do it because they want to, they do it because they think there's no other option. It is a choice, sure, but hardly a desire.

As for the negative effect on men, who do you think ends up objectifying women? Who do you think ends up getting their mindset affected? You really think men will respect women as they pay to have them perform? I am a man, and though I stand against stuff like this, that doesn't mean I haven't made mistakes in that stand, so I'm not exactly ignorant on the subject; women are not being respected or even valued when observed for sexual pleasure. It's simply not how it goes. In that moment, even those who hate the objectification of women view them as nothing more than their route to pleasure. And I don't think anyone will claim that as a good thing.

inflamessoilwork

Jul 14, 2009
I have, a small little joint in Northern California, and it was surprisingly awesome. Was expecting a bunch of trashy women and a trashy building, and boy was I wrong.

assassinslover

Apr 14, 2009
I might actually go for my birthday this year. xD Nothing like celebrating turning the big one-nine by watching some ladies dance. If I can find people to go with me, that is. The majority of my friends are straight females. XD

dirt_empire

Oct 19, 2008
I think I would go just to watch te other "patrons" and how they act. Might get a good story or idea from it.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Furburt said:
Nah, not my scene at all. I prefer home parties, I wouldn't be able to relax or anything at a strip club, I'd just be constantly on edge.
Same here. Too many external stimuli (no I am not trying to make a dirty joke). Plus, I think they play music there, and where there is music nowadays, there is an unnecessary amount of bass. I don't deal well with bass.

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
I'm probably going to get dragged to one for my 18th, but I doubt I'll enjoy it much. First, there's the moral issue of it. Second, is the fact that things are ridiculously expensive at strip clubs and I can't enjoy something if I know I'm pissing money away. Stupid peer pressure

azurawolf

Apr 27, 2009
I have been a strip club with my boyfriend.
He went to play pool and I was the one watching the girls. xD

I felt awkward.
I needed more girls there with me to watch.

If I had some girlfriends to go with me, I may go again.

First time I went in there was to look at the toys.

Aries_Split

May 12, 2008
Good for you mate, glad you enjoyed yourself.

I wouldn't go to a strip club unless there was a party for a friend or something, mainly because I'm gay, and the guys at male strip clubs aren't really my type. : /

Dark2003

Jun 17, 2010
Strip clubs are fun, its more so the fact, that want to give me lap dances, and me saying "No". I like the power trip

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
I never got the appeal. I mean, you get the foreplay, but no...resolution.

I'd be sitting there thinking "great, now how am I supposed to deal with this? Glad I don't wear sweatpants..."

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Aries_Split said:
Good for you mate, glad you enjoyed yourself.

I wouldn't go to a strip club unless there was a party for a friend or something, mainly because I'm gay, and the guys at male strip clubs aren't really my type. : /
Are you saying that guys who can bench press sub compacts aren't your type? It seems like a trait that could have some serious use.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
Girl With One Eye said:
MrFluffy-X said:
Girl With One Eye said:
Personally I think its disgusting, and I find the fact that you're bragging about it even more disgusting
Sorry i guess we know how to have fun.
Do you think the strippers were having 'fun'? Do you think they feel good about themselves? I mean hey, if you have fun by demeaning and objectifying woman then well theres not much I can say. But really, next time think about how your actions make others feel.
To each their own sweetheart. Strip clubs are not for some people and you are obviously one of those people they are not for. I go to watch the girls dance. I love dancing and I can pull different ideas out of their routines and use them into some of my dances I do. I go swing dancing every Monday night and if I could make a career out of it, I would. If I could do ballet professionally I would, however I have a fucked up knee and ankle which means I can't do ballet professionally. Some strippers do have fun and enjoy stripping. Some of them do feel good about themselves. Some don't have fun and don't feel good about themselves. You can't put them all into a generalization category of they aren't having fun and don't feel good about themselves.

Dancing in general makes me feel good about myself because people watch and its a good feeling. Mind you I am not stripping when I dance but its the same concept. You come up with a routine, perform it, people watch, and people enjoy it. That's why some strippers do become strippers.......