So if the Deus Ex: Human Revolution movie does go through...

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Zorpheus said:
immortalfrieza said:
Me neither, though that's because there's far too many actors who play generic dicks to choose from.
Pritchard isn't a generic dick, though. He's a FLAMING dick. Seriously, between his voice and his general prissiness, I'm surprised I'm the only one who came away from the experience thinking that Pritchard is either openly gay or in-the-closet gay.
I've seen plenty of dickish characters, and flaming dick doesn't seem to describe Pritchard in my opinion, especially since one of his main gripes with Jensen involves the two verbally sparring over Megan. However, if that's the way you want to go, Tim Curry is always a good bet for that.

Dec 16, 2009
Not some one who's crazy young. I find it really hard to see them as battle hardened.

Off topic. This is one of two topics in the popular post feed with a title that starts "So". I just think that sounds awful.

Zorpheus

Aug 19, 2009
immortalfrieza said:
I've seen plenty of dickish characters, and flaming dick doesn't seem to describe Pritchard in my opinion, especially since one of his main gripes with Jensen involves the two verbally sparring over Megan. However, if that's the way you want to go, Tim Curry is always a good bet for that.
In my POV, Pritchard never expressed any real interest in Megan, just antagonized Jensen for not saving her. I think there's a reason why Jensen calls him "Francis"... but that's just me.

Gottesstrafe

Oct 23, 2010
immortalfrieza said:
Gottesstrafe said:
bigfatcarp93 said:
Maybe I'm weird, but... I could sort of see Keanu doing it. No shit. It seems like his kind of role, you know? Jensen already doesn't really emote strongly, and Reaves can do his kind of cold delivery. I mean, tell me you can't see Keanu Reaves in those shades going:

"Yeah. Rip."
Not sure who would play Pritchard,
Me neither, though that's because there's far too many actors who play generic dicks to choose from.
Aww, but Pritchard is a special generic dick to me :p

Seriously, after the first hour or two of game play I was prepared to write him off as just a passively antagonistic prick. Then I hacked his computer terminal and rifled through his email. The moment I found his rejection letter from Picas I spent nearly a minute laughing my ass off. Since then he's kinda grown on me, I guess it's because now I have something to hold over him at the edge of every conversation we have.

James Weaver

Mar 21, 2011
Honestly Pritchard is the quintessential "You don't deserve her LIKE I DO," passive aggressive nice guy nerd and calling him gay like it's some kind of further insult is sorta fucked up.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
I hope it does go through and I'd probably be one of the first in line to see it if it does.

Casting is an interesting question. Keanu would definitely be a good choice for the lead role, even if he was just a Jensen-alike as opposed to actually being Jensen. Besides the delivery he also has the right physique in that he doesn't already look like he could kick everyone's ass even without enhancements.

Stillgard

P.O.D.
Jun 6, 2011
Neg, Adam Jensen has more of a texan accent. What about Raylan Glivens from Justified. Personally I wan't someone with more personality then a gothic door knob.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Zorpheus said:
immortalfrieza said:
In my POV, Pritchard never expressed any real interest in Megan, just antagonized Jensen for not saving her. I think there's a reason why Jensen calls him "Francis"... but that's just me.
Some of Pritchards antagonism towards Jensen is understandable, from his perspective his ex girlfriend persuades her boss to inexplicably hire a disgraced cop that bungled an operation and left a teenage kid dead. That is a pretty good reason to take a dislike to him as we saw before the raid, Pritchard wanted one of the larger private security firms as security for Sarif Industries. Obviously he didn't know about the conspiracies, Sarifs real reasons for hiring Jensen or about the cover up over the teenager that got killed, then there was the attack on the labs which left all but three people dead one of whom was Jensen.

That is plenty of reason to not like someone or trust their competence when lives are at stake.