so i'm about to become homeless. help?

Dahni

Lemon Meringue Tie
Aug 18, 2009
long story cut very short:

my mum is throwing me out the house for various reasons i'd rather not list.
I'm 16.
I don't have a job.
my only source of income is £30 a week from my school & £40 a month from my dad (which will now, likely, stop)

help?

I don't even know what I'm expecting you guys to tell me, but help anyway?

& please don't tell me to try reason with her because she CANNOT BE REASONED WITH.

EDIT:
why i'm getting chucked out:
Because my mum found out what I'm planning to do after my 6th year of high school (I'm in 5th year right now), because I'm planning to go to Download festival, and because my room is messy because I've been clearing out my drawers & stuff. Throwing me out is an over-reaction, I suppose, but she really doesn't give a shit.

I was planning to go to a university near London because it's well known for being good at providing the course I'm after. Moving from Glasgow to London is a pretty big jump for me. This set her off and she told me that I'm "going to need the fucking practice".

DanielPowell33

Jun 9, 2009
Could be a bluff to motivate you to get a job.

If not, you could try a friend or relatives house.

And if that doesn't work, start hobo fight club.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
It's illegal to throw someone out before 18 in most countries. You could try the "I'mma gonna sue yo ass" technique

ellie91

Mar 7, 2008
Do you have any other family you could go to? such as your father? You could talk to someone at your school who should help you.

Dahni

Lemon Meringue Tie
Aug 18, 2009
DanielPowell33 said:

nope, because i've been looking for a job since I turned 16. Jobs are difficult to come by around here.

Optional Opinion

Dec 29, 2008
Contact your school about the matter, they have systems in place which could lead to a Foster home until your 18 or you could apply for housing but would mean you getting a job. The school route is the best idea. The school would be able to help you with funding and benefits as well.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Find a friend you can live with for a bit, and get some help in talking to your dad, see if he can't help you out a little bit, if your mom won't. Sucks, man. But, hey, welcome to responsibility. You'll need to help support yourself, somehow, so you'll soon need to start looking for income. All the luck to you, man.

Dahni

Lemon Meringue Tie
Aug 18, 2009
reg42 said:
It's illegal to throw someone out before 18 in most countries. You could try the "I'mma gonna sue yo ass" technique
it's not in Scotland.
I can legally leave home aged 16 so she can throw me out.

ellie91 said:
Do you have any other family you could go to? such as your father? You could talk to someone at your school who should help you.
Unfortunately, my dad wants me just as little as my mum does at the moment.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
Dahni said:
reg42 said:
it's not in Scotland.

ellie91 said:
Oh... Crash at a mates place then? Other than I got nothing.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Do you have an Auntie, or Grandparents to turn to? Maybe you could crash at a friends house until you figure out what to do.

SHWiMM

Sep 30, 2009
Offer to babysit a family for room-and-board. Adjust your school schedule to fit with said family's. It's like having younger siblings, which isn't that hard. I know this works in America at least, though I get the feeling you live elsewhere.

Dublin Solo

Feb 18, 2010
Dahni said:
reg42 said:
it's not in Scotland.

ellie91 said:
That leaves asking help at your school, or at a friend.

DanielPowell33

Jun 9, 2009
Dahni said:
DanielPowell33 said:

nope, because i've been looking for a job since I turned 16. Jobs are difficult to come by around here.
I know, but theres always a job somewhere. Try lowering your expectations, then lower them some more. At 16 your not likely to find anything other that shit jobs that you will hate.

Dahni

Lemon Meringue Tie
Aug 18, 2009
Zeithri said:
First off, illegal issues that doesn't allow her to throw you out like that.

Secondly, list the reasons.
firstly: no, she's allowed to. In Scotland, I'm legal to leave home and live alone. So she's allowed to throw me out.

secondly: why? what good will that do? i'm more after suggestions for how i should go about trying to survive.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Dahni said:
reg42 said:
it's not in Scotland.

ellie91 said:
If you're legally able to be out on your own, your solution might be "tough titty".

You may want to contact whatever social services are available in your country, see if there's any income-adjusted rental programs, or the like.

Dahni

Lemon Meringue Tie
Aug 18, 2009
SHWiMM said:
Offer to babysit a family for room-and-board. Adjust your school schedule to fit with said family's. It's like having younger siblings, which isn't that hard. I know this works in America at least, though I get the feeling you live elsewhere.
Won't work in Scotland.
School schedule can't be altered at all.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Damn! That's harsh! You should consider legal options as they are sending you out on unstable living conditions! Worst comes to worst, I'm sure there is Youth Hostels around? (Please tell me I used Youth Hostel correctly, I believe I know what it is).

Calumon: Big Meanie Parents! You should live with me! Yeah!

[sup]I would love to help you by letting you live with me and Calumon, but I'm only 15. And we have no where you could stay. And I'm in England, your in Scotland. But seriously, consider Legal options![/sup]