so i'm about to become homeless. help?

Valksy

Nov 5, 2009
Guys who keep saying military. No they won't pay for her to go to Uni in this country. She would also need parental consent if she is under the age of 18 (which of course she is).

You also assume that she can meet the minimum health requirements or that she would even be eligible (the UK does not place women on the front line).

vampirekid.13

May 8, 2009
mom kicked me out, i went and slept at my best friends house, got arrested a week later for being a runaway, cops bring me home and my moms like "where u been?" i was so dumbfounded. omg.

so i was like "ugh, u kicked me out" to which she replies "yea but i didnt expect you to leave"

now i dont see what shed expect? why on earth would i go back to someone that kicks ME out wtf.

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
Wait? You're still in High School and they're going to throw you out, man your parents sound strict. I mean I'd understand more if you were finished with High School and not trying to get a job or into college at all, but still in High School? I think they should let you finish High School first.

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
http://www.wikihow.com/Panhandle

You'd be surprised at how good the money gets. Enough to get you by, that's for sure. You're a 16 year old, so it'll be pretty easy to get some pity.

Archammer

Nov 25, 2009
hey, if you think that's an over reaction, i had a friend who was kicked out because he didnt wanna make a sandwich with his dad.

getting a job and staying with a friend is a good idea

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Dahni said:
Daveman said:
Dahni said:
mastranios said:
Lol I'll be sure to do that.. Some ****** ass site who cradles this kids balls for him. What a bunch of saps.
what balls?
i have no balls -_-
That is truly exemplar. Worst trolling attempt ever, kids.

Couple of questions I've got:
1) You mentioned she was angry about your choice of future (or something), is this to do with her not liking your choice of course of study?
2) If no to the above, is it really just wanting to go to Download and a messy room? You haven't been stealing to fund your Cadbury (lol, spell-check suggests "Cadmium") Creme Egg addiction or anything like that?
3) If there's really no other reason, is your mum a psychopath with a drinking problem? That'd clear up the motives pretty nice.

As far as advice goes I'd suggest with the jobs is take anything on offer (also go to the job centre etc). It'll probably pay shit but if they like you they might give you overtime which is where the real money is at. Stay at a friend or somebody you know, but of course it'd be best to help out with the bills etc so you stay motivated to move on up. Don't leave school, it's kind of essential. I'm guessing you're doing scottish highers, if so what? (I'm curious)
1) She is really not best pleased about me wanting to study Chemical Engineering. She's a bit backwards in the sense that she doesn't really think a woman's place is in a lab blowing shit up and whatnot. I could go on but you could probably guess what she's like from that.

2) see above.

3) She does have anger problems and she does have a hint of a drinking problem. Well, from what I can see, she does.

So far I've applied for pretty much every possible vacancy in my area, so hopefully I'll have a job ASAP.

I'm definitely not leaving school, because otherwise I'll not be able to get into uni.

Right now, I'm studying English, Maths, Chemistry, Physics & Economics.
and I just finished picking my subjects for 6th year and for that year I'm going to do Computing, Psychology, Administration and Chemistry (advanced higher).
Seriously? She doesn't want you to do CHEMICAL ENGINEERING? Even though almost all engineering degrees give you the highest potential for employment only beaten by Dentistry and Medicine? Sorry but THAT is RETARDED.

Yeah, you seem to know EXACTLY what to do. It's just where to stay that's issue I guess. tbh you know what you can do better than all of us I guess. So yeah I'd just pick a friend whose parents like you the most and beg. That'd be my plan.

Captain Bobbossa

Jun 1, 2009
I would say get a job (on reflection) and try and find somewhere to stay untill you can get a deposit and rent down on a flat (ie a friends house). I know you've said you were trying to get job for a while but this isn't me having a go or anything, this is me talking from experience. The reason you dont have a job I think is because you arent trying hard enough... for whatever reason. You have to want the job (not the money. Money is good but money isnt motivation and if you aren't motivated then employers will be able to spot it, thus not emplying you). If you want something enough and work hard enough for it then anything is possible.

Oh.... one more tip... never ever ever go jobhunting with other people, especially friends. For some reason if you go with other people round getting application forms etc. no one employs you, even if the employer doesn' know they are there.

EDIT: Good luck :)

khaimera

Perfect Strangers
Jun 23, 2009
Dahni said:
thiosk said:
because I'm planning to go to Download festival, and because my room is messy because I've been clearing out my drawers & stuff
Seriously? A tame-sounding music concert; and a messy room?

I don't buy this at all. NO ONE gets truly kicked out for a messy room and plans to attend a concert at 16. You suck it up and don't go to the concert, you have your 18+ years to be an angsty loner and when you live with any parent you submit, gracefully, and bide your time until you are on your own.

Using nail guns on kittens, taxidermy, santeria, beating your siblings half to death, severe drug use, constant theft-- these things could conceivably get you kicked out.

HAI MUM I WANNA GO TO A CONCERT LOL O BTW MY CLOTHS ARE ON THE FLOOR

does not equal kicked out of a house. There are deeper issues here OP is glossing over and is only providing enough information to turn this into a pity party.
unfortunately, i'm not hiding anything.
i wish i could say i was but seriously, those three reasons are all she's citing.

I literally just went through to her room & from outside her door i heard her talking on the phone to someone about how she can't wait to get rid of me and start turning my room into a room for her boyfriend's kid.

think what you will, but i was not after pity.
i was after advice.
that's why I did not provide the reasons why initially, because i knew SOMEONE would assume it was some kind of cry for attention. I just wanted information on what to do with myself for the time being until I go to university. The reasons why I found myself in this situation are irrelevant.
She wants to make room for her boyfreind's child and says a big fuck you to her own child. This story gets sadder and sadder. Just remember that there is help available. Use the links you've gotten here.

khaimera

Perfect Strangers
Jun 23, 2009
NuclearPenguin said:
Get a van.
Im actually not kidding here.
Get a van and see the world while you're young.
Without money it may be hard, but thats why you get a rich friend to tag along and pay for gas, food and the like.
She could park it down by the river. Sorry, I had to do it. Your post made me laugh. The idea isn't bad though, but it takes a special kind of person to live like that. I wish I could.

Roos1993

Oct 20, 2009
EMFCRACKSHOT said:
We are nice people
Ha-ha your'e one to talk with that avatar!
sorry it just made laugh.

OT: yeah, really I can only give the advice that's been given already.
Get a job
Find a place to live
and definitely don't leave school

mikecoulter

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2008
Yeah I'm pretty sure that at 16 you could probably call the police or social care. If not you could always do some volunteer work, sometimes they provide you with a place to stay, even if it is only temporary, plus that would look awesome on your personal statement for uni.

MattZero

Jun 3, 2009
DarkRyter said:
http://www.wikihow.com/Panhandle

You'd be surprised at how good the money gets. Enough to get you by, that's for sure. You're a 16 year old, so it'll be pretty easy to get some pity.
I have to agree with this guy. It's not technically "good" advice but I go to college with a guy who's paid for three years of college by panhandling. He "works" for about twelve hours a week and makes more in that week than I do in a month. He easily maintains an apartment on his income.