So I'm Halfway Through Mirror's Edge....

RheynbowDash

Jan 26, 2009
and i have to say that this is quite possibly the hardest game i've ever played in my entire gaming existence. You get stuck in the world geometry, run right through objects, and i've counted more glitches in the first half hour of game play than the first tomb raider game.

So with that being said, what games have you played that are IMPOSSIBLY HARD?

willard3

Aug 19, 2008
ToonLink said:
and i have to say that this is quite possibly the hardest game i've ever played in my entire gaming existence. You get stuck in the world geometry, run right through objects, and i've counted more glitches in the first half hour of game play than the first tomb raider game.
We must have been playing two different games, then. I have never been able to get stuck on anything or run straight through objects. Or does "glitch" mean "time I just sucked at the game and don't feel like admitting it"?

Probably Resident Evil 2 for my hard game.

Dudemeister

Feb 24, 2008
You really think it's hard ?
I ran straight through it on normal and hard without a problem.

RheynbowDash

Jan 26, 2009
willard3 said:
ToonLink said:
We must have been playing two different games, then. I have never been able to get stuck on anything or run straight through objects. Or does "glitch" mean "time I just sucked at the game and don't feel like admitting it"?
Oh no i suck at the game no doubt... but as a 15+ year gamer. this game is f'ing hard bro.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
ToonLink said:
willard3 said:
ToonLink said:
Oh no i suck at the game no doubt... but as a 15+ year gamer. this game is f'ing hard bro.
My 15 year old little brother finished Ninja Gaiden 2 on one of the hardest (not the hardest) difficulties. Watching him fight the last boss made me give up the game forever. Age doesn't mean anything nowadays, although my manhood is severly beaten because of it.

H.R.Shovenstuff

Sep 19, 2008
To be frank I find it hard to believe anyone finds mirrors edge hard, no offence.
The one time I found it hard was on the first mission running out of a building after being framed for murder when I thought I had to get in a lift which was occupied with angry SAS-types who I couldn't possibly hope to beat with my flimsy girl punches (har har). After many-a-death I later realised that if I turned 90 degrees to the left there was a corridor which I had to run down.

This is where I show my ineptitude most though, I find bioshock extremely hard, always running out of ammo and health whilst simultaneously running round like and idiot not knowing where to go next half the time. And this is in a linear game.

Hookman

Jul 2, 2008
ToonLink said:
willard3 said:
ToonLink said:
Oh no i suck at the game no doubt... but as a 15+ year gamer. this game is f'ing hard
bro.
Well of course if you suck at the game you are going to find it to be hard.I didnt find nearly any glitches at all in this game and only had trouble in the last level so I'm going to go with Willard and guess that youre making up excuses.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
I played through the game about 5 times and I haven't encountered one glitch or something like it.

And really if you think the game is hard you should be ashamed of yourself. It's one of the easiest games I've played in a while.

chumpzilla_69

Jul 19, 2008
H.R.Shovenstuff said:
To be frank I find it hard to believe anyone finds mirrors edge hard, no offence.
The one time I found it hard was on the first mission running out of a building after being framed for murder when I thought I had to get in a lift which was occupied with angry SAS-types who I couldn't possibly hope to beat with my flimsy girl punches (har har). After many-a-death I later realised that if I turned 90 degrees to the left there was a corridor which I had to run down.

This is where I show my ineptitude most though, I find bioshock extremely hard, always running out of ammo and health whilst simultaneously running round like and idiot not knowing where to go next half the time. And this is in a linear game.
I got that too, When i finished the game i still felt like the big daddies were sat there like "Wtf? he's been through here TWICE already"

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
Game's never glitched on me.

I don't get stuck in world geometry unless you count when I used to get caught on pipes and shit that I 'thought' I jumped over...

But situational awareness comes with time.

It's sorta hard, I died a lot in it, but it's one of those types of games. It's expected to die a lot. Now the game is no problem..

Hookman

Jul 2, 2008
H.R.Shovenstuff said:
Same here,I'm terrible at Bioshock but I keep playing it anyways just because there is nothing more satisfying than killing an insane survivor with a magical hand that shoots bees!

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
You never played Battletoads or the original Castlevania for the NES to say that Mirrors Edge is a hard game!

Gormers1

Apr 9, 2008
The first bosses in Ninja Gaiden were incredibly hard.

But as many others, I didnt find ME all that hard. And I encountered few glitches. Even on hard its easier than most games with a "hard" difficulty out there imo. My suspicion is that its only because some cant play fpses on consoles that well. Oh and I really liked the game...

edit: I'm not a moderator, but please change the thread title to something more fitting, like hardest game you've played etc.

TheBluesader

Mar 9, 2008
Gormers1 said:
The first bosses in Ninja Gaiden were incredibly hard.
I agree, but I went into NG knowing it was going to be insanely hard, so it's kinda fun. Sort of sets the standard for insane bosses. As impatient as I am, I admire it in a weird way.

And I know it's a mediocre game almost no one played, but I still can't beat Viking for 360. But that might be because it's borked or something.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Assassinator said:
ToonLink said:
willard3 said:
ToonLink said:
My 15 year old little brother finished Ninja Gaiden 2 on one of the hardest (not the hardest) difficulties. Watching him fight the last boss made me give up the game forever. Age doesn't mean anything nowadays, although my manhood is severly beaten because of it.
True. I'm 17, and my 25 year old cousin that has showed Diablo 2 to me when it came out (so he's a much more older gamer than I am). And I was a bit scared when it turned out I not only surpassed him in Ninja Gaiden 2 (horribly hard, but also a rewarding game for hardcore players like myself), but I also found out that I'm giving him adviced on how to beat the area or a boss.

Age doesn't really matter.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
ToonLink said:

So with that being said, what games have you played that are IMPOSSIBLY HARD?
Yeah...I never had an issue, even on hard.
But an impossibly hard game?
I'm going to go with this one god damn Genesis RPG...

PHANTASY STAR 2..............I grinded for 2 hours and couldn't finish the first dungeon...

Socken

Jan 29, 2009
Drag races on Need for Speed Most Wanted.
And I'm not even kidding.
Seriously, you need to know exactly what to do in order to not crash, I dunno maybe it's just my version but I couldn't finish a single drag race in that game the first try. Kinda like old platformers where everything was about pattern memorization.

ChaosTheory3133

Jan 13, 2009
There is only one thing that frustrates me with impossible difficulty, and they all come from the fighting genre.
The end bosses for both DoA 4 and Street Fighter 4. Maybe I'm just terrible at these sorts of games. I'd be the first to admit not being a master of joystick *Nothing Profane here*-slapping but I'd like to think there is a sadistic end boss fight designer out to make sure he punishes people for buying these games.