So is Escapist Animation Pretty much Dust?

HyenaThePirate

Jan 8, 2009
I won't lie, I used to be a pretty avid fan of the various animated web series the Escapist ran for a good stint there. But with Doraleous on such a loooong Hiatus to the point that I have to wonder if it'll be any good when it returns, Unforgotten Realms forgotten, Apocalypse Lane a relocated to memory lane, and the Game Dogs all sent to the "farm," I haven't seen anything really stepping up to replace it... or anything worth watching that actually remained interesting enough to follow.

So has the escapist pretty much given up on it's animation series'? Or is there stuff in the works that we just haven't been privy to yet?

tlozoot

Feb 8, 2010
*Takes a quick look at the weather*

Well, I hope they have a butt-ton of quality stuff coming. Looks like they might need it.

Canadish

Jul 15, 2010
Considering they just unceremoniously kicked out Extra Credits, they might have to try something.

Unfortunately for them, they're not very talented or funny in their efforts thus far.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
Animation takes a lot of time to do and doing a weekly episode is very demanding.
In one of the behind the scenes of Apocalypse lane Jon Ethridge said it took him five days to animate an episode and that was just him doing it.
Animation can be fantastic but it is very time consuming practice. It is a lot easier to make it live action (Loading Ready Run, Tales from the table, Feed Dump etc)
or photos and video clips
(The big picture, Zero Punctuation, escape to the movies etc)
or a combo of the both (Jimquistion)