So... I've just gone bald. (Drunken decision, I'm not old just yet)

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
At my friend's 19th birthday party last night we got into a dare contest that kinda... escalated. The whole thing ended with me having all my hair shaved off. I'm a complete baldy. It's a bit of a shock because I used to have shoulder-length metalhead hair.
My parents haven't quite got used to it, and I get the feeling that a lot of people will be stunned at college tomorrow.

Update:
Okay, so I've decided that I should just go with it. It looks pretty good now that I'm used to it. I've been compared to Daughtry (handsome chappie) + Maynard of Tool (awesome) and a white version of Morpheus (also awesome) and all of those are good things.
I think I'll probably keep it short now (grade 2-ish) and not grow my hair again.

If nothing else, it saves money on shampoo...

Here's a before and after because... meh, may as well:

Before: This is an old pic. The other ones I could find of me pre-shavening have other people in them, and I don't want to put up my mate's pictures online. Hence my hair isn't the full metalhead length.

After:

Also:
Guys, would you ever go bald? Girls, do you ever find the look attractive?

And finally, so that this has discussion value:
What is the biggest change you've made to your appearance and what were people's reactions to it?

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
Grow a moustache and rock the Samuel L. Jackson look.

My biggest change was when I went away for summer with a normal haircut and came back with John Lennon hair. It worked though.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Rock the bald look. I've done it a few times myself, and it's certainly a lot cooler (temp wise)

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
I've never shaved my hair completely, but I've come close a few times when I was in the military. I'm sure I would have done it at least once by now if there wasn't such a stigma against it for females and having to deal with constant explanations and stuff.

Anyway, bald is my favorite on guys, though only if they're able to pull it off. Not anyone has the right facial structure for it.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
I rocked the bald look and let my hair grow back in.

I didn't think it looked good on me, but I needed a drastic change. Felt a short haircut would be a decent gamechanger.

I have a theory that girls dig bald guys that have confidence and seem undeterred by it.

DANEgerous

Jan 4, 2012
No hats just go bald. Also our hair tends to come back way more awesome after you shave it off, no real idea why perhaps it is a scalp thing but i did it once and now have fantastic hair.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
I was shaved completely bald back when I was 5.
Nothing pulls in the ladies like it. I was literally chased around by girls wanting to touch my head.

I don't know how well it works on older girls though.
You could always say something like "Do you like my head? Come back to my place, and I can give you as much head as you want."

That, or you can seduce toddlers. Whichever.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Well how do you look bald? Some people have very funny shaped heads and they look like a male body part when they don't have hair...

If it looks good, rock the hell out of it.

Jonluw said:
You could always say something like "Do you like my head? Come back to my place, and I can give you as much head as you want."
Dear God...you have created the most perfect pickup line ever. Think I could shave my head with my beard trimmer...?

Nyaoku

Jan 7, 2012
All I have to say is your choices are limited to a temporary hat or sunscreen. Anything else and you will wish you listened to me. You have been warned.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
I'm thinking of going bald, but I have that huge mole on the side of my head. I'll probably remove it at some point.

To answer your question: I've once changed my hair color to orange because I've lost a bet to my first "girlfriend". One of the biggest regret I have ever made....

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I actually dont mind bald guys

I would never go bald for obviosu reasons (doesnt work for girls)

Mouse_Crouse

Apr 28, 2010
I've shaved my head before. I usually cut mine very short as is, So it wasn't a huge change. Wasn't really my thing, so I grew it back.

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
A lot of people find the bald/fuzzy look to be pretty awesome. Don't sweat it. Just tell people you felt like a change. Whether you/they like it or not, it will grow back.

The most radical change I've ever made was from fairly long hair (shoulder blade length) to just around my eyebrow length. It was on the urging of an ex girlfriend, of course. That's what I get for dating a cheerleader at a major U.S. college I guess... I can't say I regret it, since I haven't grown it out again yet, though it might get fairly lengthy soon (I can't cut my hair or shave until after June because of a role I have in an off-off Broadway musical).

CrazyJew

Sep 18, 2011
I always enjoyed having long hair. Girls seem to dig it. For me it represents a simpler time.

It will be gone when, during my mandatory conscription, I get strapped to a chair and shaved.

neoontime

I forgot what this was before...
Jul 10, 2009
I say the bald look doesn't look bad at all. Of course, never wear a beanie, EVER. Even of you have hair, those look ugly.

Heronblade

Apr 12, 2011
Really depends on how you look. Some people pull the look off really well, others... not so much.

I've done it before, didn't like it much, so grew it out again. Of course, my hair is kept short anyways, rarely getting over 2"

TheGauntman

Dec 8, 2011
Pics or it didn't happen.

OT: My default hairstyle is a shaved head, and it's only in the last year that I've let it grow. I'm rocking the shoulder length metal hair at the moment, but sometime soon I'll get the clippers out and say hello to my scalp again.

I guess what I'm saying is: I like both long hair and short hair, I can't really help you with your decision.

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
From my experience hair grows back pretty fast after you shave it, so if you don't like it you won't be hiding under that hat for too long.