So Japan built a real life mech...

Anget Colslaw

Jul 26, 2012
This is by far my favorite comment on the video

Well, we know who's gonna win the next World War.
I, for one, welcome our new Japanese overlords.
OT: Holy shit, this thing actually looks practical. I still don't get the smile shot thing though.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
I love it but I could never ride it. I'd be cheesing so hard when I'd drive it I'd murder everyone. How could you drive a mech and not be grinning the entire time?

Anget Colslaw

Jul 26, 2012
I'm eagerly waiting to hear the news that Japan is recruiting a bunch of emotionless, blue haired girls to pilot these things.

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
So, this is being released to the civilian public? I wonder if there would be any possible way of illegally modifying it with, ya' know, the ability to fire actual rounds. Doesn't seem like a very wise idea at any rate.

Corax_1990

May 21, 2010
Awesome, seems in could be modded to serve as a decent urban pacification tool. Good luck rioting when there is a 4 meter tall robot shooting bb pellets and a water cannon at you. It seems it would be pretty useless in a battle, but then again, this is only the first of what I'm sure will be many mech suits to come out of Japan.

Dec 14, 2008
Anget Colslaw said:
I'm eagerly waiting to hear the news that Japan is recruiting a bunch of emotionless, blue haired girls to pilot these things.
They wouldn't be very effective since the weapons can only be fired by smiling, so that pretty much eliminates the entire cast of Neon Genesis Evangelion as eligible pilots.

OT:It looks as ridiculous, and as awesome as I'd expect a mech to be.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
The robot fires it's Gatling guns when the pilot SMILES? That is actually evil, morbid, and awesome at the same time.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
I know I'm being the nerdy one by saying this but there's a reason there have been no mech until now (Apparently), and that's because as a fighting machine they're just ridiculously impractical.

That's why I've always loved the Mechwarrior series oddly enough. Those massive lumbering machines are like what would've happened had World War 2 never ended but just gotten progressively more insane. Building bigger and bigger destructive experimental machinery till they've got the titanic Atlas and its kin stomping across the battlefield like an overgrown Jagdpanther that had grown legs!

Neat though, nerdity aside. Very cool!

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Jdb said:
Take that, physics majors! All those blowhards saying giant robots wouldn't be able to work... HAH!

Black Arrow Officer said:
Mecha Tengu! Let's go!

OH MY...

Heh, also reminds me of, oh...Ghost in the Shell, Gunhed, Battletech...

This is great. Japan didn't just make the mecha real. They made a hobby-horse!

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Another video on it.

For a small 1.4 million Dollars for the core or 2 mil for everything it can be yours!

Anget Colslaw

Jul 26, 2012
philosophicalbastard said:
Anget Colslaw said:
They wouldn't be very effective since the weapons can only be fired by smiling, so that pretty much eliminates the entire cast of Neon Genesis Evangelion as eligible pilots.

OT:It looks as ridiculous, and as awesome as I'd expect a mech to be.
Exactly why I made the reference. They have to be mentally broken before they fire everything.

Also, looking at it again, it reminds me more of the sentry bots from Fallout 3.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
It's cool but I doubt it's practical. A WW2 tank could likely take it down with little effort. But anyway cool project.

Anget Colslaw

Jul 26, 2012
Solo-Wing said:
You can also custom order them!
http://suidobashijuko.jp/#bto

XDDDD

I will drive around in that thing and reenact this scene [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGjab76TJ3c] everyday for the rest of my life

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Eddie the head said:
It's cool but I doubt it's practical. A WW2 tank could likely take it down with little effort. But anyway cool project.
It would be the ultimate Riot Control weapon though.
Anget Colslaw said:
I will drive around in that thing and reenact this scene [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGjab76TJ3c] everyday for the rest of my life
Now if only...

xPrometheusx

Aug 9, 2011
Anget Colslaw said:
XD You stole the Megas reference. I was gonna do that!

I miss that show...