So Mountian Dew just went on sale here in the UK

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
GamesB2 said:
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
They sell some odd stuff to the Brits if you're calling a caffinated sugar beverage a lemon lime drink with no caffiene.

I like the original, I don't like Code Red, I loved Pitch Black (too bad they stopped selling it) and most of the new flavors are a resounding meh.

Get LiveWire. It is awesome in a can.
Well taste-wise there is no difference. And 7UP is marginally healthier anyway.

I'll stick with my crazy japanese drinks...
WHAT!? there is a huge difference taste wise. do british people have taste buds? honestly mt. dew isnt my favorite, but i gotta say the taste is way different from 7up

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
GamesB2 said:
I tried Mountain Dew before... it's repackaged 7UP.
No, it's repackaged Squirt or Mellow Yellow, only it includes caffeine. Depending upon the particular interpretation, this can vary tremendously as the original formula that used Cane sugar has a significantly different taste than the new formula that uses High Fructose Corn Syrup. It should be further noted that there are many different flavors including Code Red (similar to Cherry 7-Up), Livewire (an Orange Soda), Voltage (a "berry" flavored drink that has no equivalent that I'm aware of) and several others.

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
Prepare for a flavor (flavour) explosion (explosioun) of awesomeness. Sorry I was trying to type brit like with the "ou" and stuff. Did I do it right?

Eumersian

Posting in the wrong thread.
Sep 3, 2009
You'll have to be able to deal with "citrus" flavor. It's basically the most fake tasting thing I think I've ever had. However, I love it sometimes.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
I love Livewire. I also found that Game Fuel to be pleasantly offensive, though that flavor has long since been axed.

TheSentinel

May 10, 2008
What the in blue hell are you Brits going on about? Dew tastes as close to 7 Up as a cherry tastes to the Moon.

LooK iTz Jinjo

Feb 22, 2009
you can expect the most awesome thing ever and welcome to the 21st century.

TheSentinel said:
What the in blue hell are you Brits going on about? Dew tastes as close to 7 Up as a cherry tastes to the Moon.
Also this^

Mountain Dew is a Lemon-Lime drink. 7UP is just Lemon.

MasterSplinter said:
mraustindude19 said:
I think that stuff makes your sperm count go down,Don't know what happens to girls.
Maybe their sperm count will go up?

O.O
They will see you drinking it and instantly be turned on. That is the power of the Dew.

On a serious note, some of the things I've read in this thread have just been stupid...

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
-Mountain Dew Green (Aka "Phazon" in my gamer group, referencing how we think it tastes pretty bad, yet we can't help but drink it since it's the cheapest drink to buy in bulk at our local grocery)

-Code Red (not too bad, really. But there are far better cherry colas out there)

-Livewire (Oh please. I'd rather have Pepsi Blue Fusion back than this sad Sunkist knockoff.)

As for the new variant flavors, well, the fruit punch clone is decent.

SpikeFT

Nov 18, 2009
Ugh im gonna get cut in 2 for this
i cant tell the difference between MD, 7UP or Sprite they just seem the same to me slightly different but still the same old thing

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Bit of an acquired taste, I think---my ex-wife was fond of calling it "cat pee". I love the stuff personally.