So, my Xbox Live account was hacked. This ever happen to you?

Matt9102

Aug 14, 2011
My Gmail account got hacked. 2 days after I got it. Needless to say, I've been using hotmail now.

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
Nope - my XBL account has never been hacked (touch wood). Good thing really, since I use it all the time ^_^

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
My WoW account got hacked, but it was after i quit WoW shortly after cata was released in december . I retarted playing in may , and had to call Blizzard to get my account unbanned. The awsome thing was, when i check my account, all my characters and items were still there except for one difference. My shaman that was lvl 80 when i quit playing , was now level 85 . It was great !

Blastinburn

Apr 13, 2011
Project_Xii said:
Wait wait wait. You can your delete your purchases forever from XBLA? That's..... retarded O_O
Why would that option even be there? Once you've bought it, it should be yours forever. It's the only reason I have faith in my PSN and Steam lists.

Man, that sucks. Feel a need to change my password though even though the hacking chances are like 1/2000000000. lol.
No you can't have your purchases deleted from XBLA, PSN, or Steam, don't worry (where did you get that idea?). The fact that you can't lose these purchases is one reason I am willing to invest money in said (digital) services.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
No but I've recently had my 7th xbox 360 die, and Microsoft refused to repair the last one so does that count?

razer17

Feb 3, 2009
Karutomaru said:
Cid SilverWing said:
I've only ever once been hacked directly and had my PC hijacked. I immediately pulled the network cable and got rid of the goddamn trojan that caused it. HA!

Though I do get an infuriating number of phishing letters in my email inbox, for accounts I never even created (like Runescape) and accounts I haven't touched in forever (WoW). Those phishermen just won't give up until they have my information.
But you can block them, right? And I have both Mc Afee and Avast! Antivirus. Does that mean I'm safe from these monsters?
No. In fact, having multiple anti viruses can be detrimental to your PC. Not only do they hog RAM and CPU, but they can interfere with each other. I'm not a fan of Mc Afee anyway, though, although it's not as bad as Norton, which is really awful. I've always used AVG when using Windows.

I'm on Linux now though, and so I'm not at all worried about hackers and viruses. I've had my Hotmail account hacked, and recently someone hacked my Twitter and Myspace accounts, both of which where linked to the same email and password, so probably my fault. I didn't even realise my myspace account was still open, so that didn't bother me.

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
Project_Xii said:
Wait wait wait. You can your delete your purchases forever from XBLA? That's..... retarded O_O
Why would that option even be there? Once you've bought it, it should be yours forever. It's the only reason I have faith in my PSN and Steam lists.

Man, that sucks. Feel a need to change my password though even though the hacking chances are like 1/2000000000. lol.
no it's not deleted. I say "expletive deleted" as my own personal way of bleeping out cursing. I only have two games I downloaded since I don't go online much. the hacker bought a bunch of CoD and Madden stuff, which makes me hate them for having bad taste in games. At least buy Castle Crashers.

bootz

Feb 28, 2011
So Um I've been hacked once, They were using a mail server in canada as a proxy. I called the owner of the server and told him what was up.

In School I hacked into the grading system out of shear boredom. I took a tyoing class in 6th grade and tranfered schools and my new school required a typing class but didn't count the sixth grade one or my 3 programming classes I took.

I got my one friend to put a certain virus on his computer giving mine complete contol over his. I would be talking to him on aim and shut off his vowels or make his cd tray eject. One time I made www.gay.com pop up and didnt realize his dad was on. He got in big trouble from his dad. I kinda stopped after that.

kidd25

Jun 13, 2011
Gitty101 said:
Nope - my XBL account has never been hacked (touch wood). Good thing really, since I use it all the time ^_^
(touch wood) a protection thing or like knock on wood type thing?

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
kidd25 said:
Gitty101 said:
(touch wood) a protection thing or like knock on wood type thing?
It's an anti-Jinx thing ^_^ Just to stay on the safe side and not tempt fate.

Patzilla

Feb 19, 2011
My Xbox was hacked recently, lost £1.36 on... *shudders* FIFA 11.
Luckily I got my account back with my money refunded.
Apparently it was linked to the PSN hack, where they got my hotmail address through my PSN account which I never use. All passwords changed into something more difficult

TheKramers

May 26, 2011
Drakmeire said:
The title says it all, My account was just hacked today and some [Expletive deleted] bought $150 in add-ons for Call of Duty and Madden. As if I need another reason to hate those games.
So my fellow escapists, have you ever been hacked?
My PayPal account was hacked a few months ago. The bastard spent all my hard earned money for stuff to cheat on a goddamn MMORPG, can you believe that? :mad:

He bought powerleveling, gold, and a bot membership. That's just not right.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Um, I believe everyone here who has had a PSN account in the last year has been hacked. Including myself. Luckily though, the credit card that was in that account was cancelled before then.

Carpachi

Jul 12, 2011
Drakmeire said:
The title says it all, My account was just hacked today and some [Expletive deleted] bought $150 in add-ons for Call of Duty and Madden. As if I need another reason to hate those games.
So my fellow escapists, have you ever been hacked?
Identical thing happened to me, except they bought $150 in Microsoft Spacebucks (or Points). So I (or rather, my dad whose card # is attached to it) called Customer Support for the money back, and the points refunded. We've called back every couple of days since the beginning of August to fix the issue; at first it sounded promising, and now they say they have no idea when they'll get around to it.
They've also had my account banned since the middle of August, conveniently around the time when they decided they had no idea when they'd get around to fixing it.
Anyone have any advice?

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Satsuki666 said:
scorptatious said:
Um, I believe everyone here who has had a PSN account in the last year has been hacked. Including myself. Luckily though, the credit card that was in that account was cancelled before then.
Thats not actually true. The playstation network was hacked not our accounts.
Really? My mistake then. :p

OT: In that case, no, I have yet to be hacked by anybody at this point.