So of all the games shown off at E3 which did you like and/or want?

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Zhukov said:
Samtemdo8 said:
The Last of Us 2 (Begrudgingly because I don't like Ellie, but like the main character and gameplay)
Ellie is the main character this time. We'll be playing as her.

(Although I wouldn't be surprised if they have parts where you play as Joel or someone else, like they did in the first game with Ellie.)
Than all I have left is the gameplay, I just hope Ellie has matured and takes the situation more seriously.

I could not stand her in the first game.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Metro Exodus by far. This is Stalker 2 that we never had. Imagine Stalker with Metro graphics. Its going to be amazing game.

others dont impress me

COD WW2 looks ok. Far cry 5 looks boring, Wolfenstein II looks bad as new order, didnot liked first evil within. second game can be decent if they fix awful controling. life is strange looks like a movie featuring high school teenage girl.

this E3 is big dissappintment for me. its one of the worst ever. I was expecting Splinter cell but they didnot announced and have more time for crap like just dance and some pvp online games, battlefront 2 will be battlefield in star wars skin with SP by those who never made a good SP and are more of apealing to feminists.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
God of War looks pretty good.

Spiderman looks pretty good.

Shadow of War looks okay.

Days Gone looks aggressively adequate.

Uncharted: Lost Legacy looks like, well, more Uncharted, which is fine.

I hope I end up liking the new Wolfenstein.

Far Cry 5 is starting to tempt me, although mostly just because it's making shit people angry which I readily confess is a silly reason to want something.

Reserving judgement on Beyond Good & Evil 2 and Metro Exodus until I see actual gameplay.

So basically a whole pile of alright stuff, but nothing that really got me pumped.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Only one i'm completely interested in:
Wolfentein II: The New Colossus.
One I will keep an eye out on, and hope for the best:
Metro Exodus

That's about it really. Modern gaming doesnt sit well with me most of the time.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
The Last Night is the only game at E3 that wowed me. The combination of pixel art with 3D environments and lighting to show off this cyberpunk setting was pretty breathtaking.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Bitter Hobbit said:
God of War looks great, they managed to keep the frantic combat and attacking multiple enemies at once of the previous games quite well despite the behind the shoulder camera.
The combat looks a lot more laborious with that ax though; I get he's older now but it doesn't have that almost balletic flow, range and rhythm of the iconic blades. They at least need something to transition from the blades a bit more gradually. I'd be surprised if they don't reveal more weapons down the road.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
I'm going to go by Wikipedia's list, because I don't have time to read every article and watch every trailer. It also doesn't help that games are expensive and time consuming, so just because I like something doesn't mean I'll get it. So, based on said list, I'm going to divide my interests as:

*Level 2: Games I could see myself getting in the future.

*Level 1: Games that interest me, but probably won't get for whatever reason.

Anything not listed is stuff I'm not interested in.

So, with that said:

LEVEL 2

-Xenoblade Chronicles 2

-Sonic Forces

-Sonic Mania

LEVEL 1

-Destiny 2

-Wargroove

-Total War: Warhammer II

-Star Wars: Battlefront II

-Assassin's Creed: Origins

-South Park: The Fractured But Whole

-Middle-earth: Shadow of War

-Spider-Man

-Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

-Super Lucky's Tale

-Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown

-Code Vein

-Quake Champions

-Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

-Metro Exodus

-Sea of Thieves

-Fire Emblem Warriors

-Metroid Prime 4

-God of War

-Metroid: Samus Returns

-Anthem

If you're thinking "wow, that's not really a ringing endorsement of E3," then yeah, you're right. I think this E3 has been pretty lacklustre, after some fairly strong past years. But even then, like I said, games cost money. I'm not the type of person to buy things on a whim.

Xsjadoblayde said:
I didn't watch the show, just hung around for the comments and little clips so I can pretend I'm better than everyone else in a pathetic attempt to postpone some eventual suicide.
Now now let's not hear about that. There's 7 billion humans on this Earth, but far fewer bears. We get to commit suicide, not you.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
I mean...I'm HOPING Beyond Good and Evil 2 is at least marginally good, though it still perplexes me.

I suppose I'm at least intrigued by the prospect of Metroid Prime 4, but without knowing who's making it I'm having a hard time finding much reason to care yet.

Doom VR might be neat. Don't know yet.

Otherwise...egh. Not much 'wowed' me. Well, unless you count the hilarity that was Devolver's press conference. It was very nice to very watch. Or, Microsoft's unintentionally hilarious conference. (and the cringe that was the Anthem reveal)

Honestly, the only game to excite me out of E3 was one that wasn't even at the show.[footnote]Unless Quake: Champions was present. Was it?[/footnote] Battletech. And I only count that because I started to play the Beta when E3 started. :p

Tomeran

Nov 17, 2011
Metro Exodus and Wolfenstein 2 for sure. If they hold up the quality of the previous games im gonna scream at them to take my money.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
American Tanker said:
I shouldn't say anything.

Why? Because you all already know.

But because I'm here, I'm just going to say it: Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown may not release this year, but I've still yet to find anything else to be more excited about.

Sit down, strap in, and prepare for takeoff. Pilots, we're coming home.
You are not alone. I'm on your wing. It's about time is all I can say.

Also, The Last of Us 2

Whatever this new Brothers in Arms game is that they just announced.

Final Fantasy VII and Kingdom Hearts III don't count because Lord knows when they're coming out.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
hanselthecaretaker said:
The combat looks a lot more laborious with that ax though; I get he's older now but it doesn't have that almost balletic flow, range and rhythm of the iconic blades. They at least need something to transition from the blades a bit more gradually. I'd be surprised if they don't reveal more weapons down the road.
The axe actually seemed to channel a bit of the chainblades. There's one move where Kratos does this twirl and you see the axe swirl around him similar to the blades. And from what I heard, when you throw your axe you can retract it from any distance, which could make for interesting combos where you boomarang enemies.

And from the looks of it the kid is going to be very much part of the combat, so I assume he'll get his own unlockable abilities, and maybe even weapons. And I think you actually directly control him during combat. At least that's what it looked like, seeing as he seemed to add to Kratos' combo string.

Jan 19, 2016
I'm really only interested in Metro Exodus and Wolfenstein The New Colossus. I will probably get Uncharted The Lost Legacy too, I suppose. Pretty lacklustre E3 overall.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Ezekiel said:
hanselthecaretaker said:
Bitter Hobbit said:
God of War looks great, they managed to keep the frantic combat and attacking multiple enemies at once of the previous games quite well despite the behind the shoulder camera.
I wouldn't be surprised if that was it. They may have just decided, "Switching weapons is so unrealistic. We've got the close range weapon that can be thrown, we've got the ground pound and we've got the sidekick whose bow the player can aim. Now let's build on those and call it a day."
CoCage said:
Ezekiel said:
The only one I want right now is The Evil Within 2.

The new God of War is pretentious. I never cared about Kratos as a character. What I liked about it was the spectacle, the brutality and the exploration. The gamey level design is gone, the brutality is gone, it's full of cinematic interruptions and walking and it has a camera better suited to a shooter. I doubt it even has platforming with that zoomed camera. It's as much a disservice to the God of War series as Tomb Raider was to the TR series. It also bothers me that I have to speak in such confusing terms because they didn't wanna come up with new titles, like God of War IV.
I was going to say this in the God of War topic, but I will say it here. While still not that convinced, the part with the shield made me smirk. From the looks of it, the camera might pan out further when there are more enemies. An over-the-shoulder brawler is no easy task, as the only ones I know that did successfully are God Hand and Anarchy Reigns. I know some people on YouTube that I subscribe to are interested in the God of War IV. And they usually are big fans of DMC, Bayonettta, God of War, and Ninja Gaiden.
The shield was cool indeed.

I didn't notice any significant adjustment with the camera, though. Even when he was up against many enemies, the field of view was small. It looks like they'll wait their turn if they're not in the zoomed picture. At one point, I noticed them moving from the left closer to the center, despite Kratos aiming all his power there.

https://youtu.be/gOE2BVRCUkM?t=2m8s
I like how the shield opens up from some object on his arm or something, and then seems to be augmented with those teeth on its rim
http://i.imgur.com/hFp4huY.mp4

http://i.imgur.com/cYyBsO2.mp4
It looks like it could be used as a legitimate defensive option as well, kinda like Ghost of Sparta but hopefully more tactical.

And there is some camera panning during climbing
http://i.imgur.com/cApRLd2.mp4

I share your concern over the "ducks in a row" effect though. There definitely needs to be more flanking going on even though they often did the same "wait my turn" thing in the old games when you had 360 degree movement. I can tolerate the new viewpoint as long as it is flexible enough to give the combat ample room to breath.

Casual Shinji said:
hanselthecaretaker said:
The axe actually seemed to channel a bit of the chainblades. There's one move where Kratos does this twirl and you see the axe swirl around him similar to the blades. And from what I heard, when you throw your axe you can retract it from any distance, which could make for interesting combos where you boomarang enemies.

And from the looks of it the kid is going to be very much part of the combat, so I assume he'll get his own unlockable abilities, and maybe even weapons. And I think you actually directly control him during combat. At least that's what it looked like, seeing as he seemed to add to Kratos' combo string.

Yeah it did

http://i.imgur.com/aVP5XDp.mp4

Tough to say how it'll really compare without playing it. It looks like there could be a good level of feedback from the hits it delivers. It looks like it has decent range and I could get used to wielding it. Kinda reminds me of the Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter movie. I can also see cool things happening with being able to pin enemies down with it while you do something else.

The kids will have his own "button" for a variety of things, most likely context-sensitive during platforming, puzzles, combat, etc.

http://i.imgur.com/zm2etFJ.mp4

http://i.imgur.com/Z05LpVJ.mp4

I can see interesting set piece scenarios with it too.

http://i.imgur.com/8PiTmIK.mp4

Yeah, I like how he wields that ax. Also worth noting is how we didn't see any qte's. It seems to blend a wide range of combat animations and finishers without that pausing effect when you're supposed to press a button. I wonder if it's random or part of the moveset; the latter of which being both preferred and commendable.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
Definitely Getting

Assassin's Creed: Origins
Super Mario Odyssey
Metroid: Samus Returns
Metroid Prime 4
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Dishonored: Death of the Outside
Monster Hunter World
Metro Exodus
Anthem
Crackdown 3

Maybe

Destiny 2
Call of Duty WWII
Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus
Splatoon 2
Fire Emblem: Warriors
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Sonic Forces
Skull and Bones

Rangaman

Feb 28, 2016
On my wish list:

-Ashen
-The Last Night
-Metroid: Samus Returns
-The Artful Escape
-Spider-Man
-Ori and the Will of the Wisps
-Crackdown 3
-Sea of Thieves
-Cuphead
-Super Mario Odyssey
-Skull 'n' Bones
-The Crew 2
-Wolfenstein 2

I know that's a lot, but I'm sure I'll find time...somehow.

PapaGreg096

Oct 12, 2013
Ill buy Spiderman but I still dislike the Arkham like combat, I'm definitely buying the new Wolfenstein game seeing how I loved Old Blood and New Order

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
None of them, to be quite honest. I either wasn't interested in them to begin with or I do not have enough information about the game to be interested.