So Ronery - The gamer with no friends

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
Goof Troop on SNES. It's an amazing game, but nobody will play it with me.

I'm so ronery, so ronery...

DaHero

Jan 10, 2011
RingaFiar said:
Thought the South Park ref would be a good way to start.

I'm wondering if anyone's in the situation where they are happy to play online games but they can't get any of their fleshy buds to join in.

I've played a few games online and it's seriously hard work to get their friends to splash the cash, so you end up teaming with complete strangers (some of which can end up being great peeps too!)

My personal experience was playing Lord of the Rings Online and trying to get the guys to play. Left for Dead 2 didn't work either.

I like to think they've all missed out on a great experience.

Anyway, enough ranting....what are the games you've desperately wanted your friends to play that hasn't worked?
Ever since I left the CoD scene my friends abandoned me. I've wandered through LotRO and Global Agenda as best I can. So far I'm in a Kinship and Agency respectively but I miss talking to people. I had a really close friend that I'd talk to daily and now he's gone, left me for a clan that plays Black Ops.

Damn you CoD...you and I will forever be mortal enemies. It was bad enough when you tried to damage my IQ with your laughable attempts at warfare which only amounted into wall leaning on 4, snipers and rushers on MW2, and now ridiculous spawn killing on BlackOps. I don't know what kind of drugs you have my friends on...but I will forever hate you and the arcade shooters you're related to.

I just want some friends that have things like a taste for co-op and common sense...why is that so hard to ask?

The Apothecarry

Mar 6, 2011
Borderlands and Resident Evil 5. I cash in on the cool games way after my friends have played and sold them.

Almost none of my friends want to play Firefight with me on Reach, either. So sad...

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I just started playing the darkspore beta on steam seems like a good laugh so far. Maybe you could give that a shot, feels a bit like Diablo

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
My former friends I had in HS were that way. If it wasnt Halo or CoD, they refused to play it. They were not variety gamers like I am.
Now though, I have my friend Isaac. He bought DW: Strikeforce just to play with me, even though he did not think he would like it (he loved it though in the end)
He also got DW7 the day after I did and we play Conquest mode together (he IS a DW fan though in general)
Also, we both bought Saints Row 2 a month ago because Red Dead wasnt doing it for us anymore.

CleverNickname

Sep 19, 2010
I have one online friend I play L4D2 with, though he isn't very good.

ONE of my RL-friends plays games in theory, but he's hardly ever online - and has to share the gaming PC with his brother.

So yeah, the gaming-internet is pretty damn lonely for me. Ugh.

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
Same issue for me. I'm even willing to try unusual games that I don't normally play every day, but my friends seem to be intensely into Minecraft Multiplayer RP and such things that really don't interest me.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
Most of the multiplayer games I have are fighting games, and nobody plays fighting games where I live.

Sadness. :(

Fooz

Oct 22, 2010
i never used to, i used to play GoW online in proivate matches with my friends, it was so fun, same with halo and Cod 4 and MW2, now none of my friends really play games, i need new friends