So "sandwich shaming" is now a thing.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
... The same really goes for burgers where the bread disintegrates or it otherwise drips stuff all over you because it seems to be about 50% sauce, and so on.
Same. When I order a burger at a higher-end restaurant (not a fast food joint,) I always ask them to back off making it look appetizing by piling on the ingredients because it becomes impractical to eat. I want to be able to have bun in my fingers from the first bite to the last; I don't need a 6-inch tall gourmet burger that falls apart after the first 3-4 bites because the Chef Boyardee back there is trying to justify a $12 meat patty between a bun.

Yeah I find hard shell tacos to be an awkward food to comfortably eat, though I do still think they are very tasty. I usually go for soft tacos because they are much easier to handle while munching.
Agreed. Hard-shell tacos taste great, but the delivery method leaves enough to be desired that I will 100% of the time choose anything else. Sex is awesome, but if I had to drag my ball sack through a mile of broken glass to get my rocks off with a consenting female, I'd prefer to stay home and jerk off.

...That said, I will always take a hard shell taco over a flour taco.
Blasphemy.

Reactions: happyninja42

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
To who? The great taco gods in the sky? HAHAHHAHAHH!
To basic human sensibility, you sinner!

Thought I'd drop this here, cuz of the whole taco shell discussiony thingy
Would be great... crushed up in a bowl to be eaten with a fork, y'know, like a taco salad? #FuckTacos

Taco Bell either has a great marketing department, or people are just dumb. Likely a lot of both. They don't even have to try; they just reverse the layers of the same four ingredients or add some other popular junk food item, and sell it as "NEW!!!!" or "IT'S BACK!!!!", and the people come running. Same with McDonald's and that godawful McRib; it's a wholly shit sandwich, but its scarcity (FOMO) brings the people running every time they're kind enough to "bless" us with it. I'm going to open a "kick to the nuts" stand that's only open for 4 hours a year, and I bet I could get waiting list of guys waiting for me to kick them in the nuts.

That said, I could really go for Shamrock Shake right now, you corporate bastards.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Agreed. Hard-shell tacos taste great, but the delivery method leaves enough to be desired that I will 100% of the time choose anything else. Sex is awesome, but if I had to drag my ball sack through a mile of broken glass to get my rocks off with a consenting female, I'd prefer to stay home and jerk off.
I will no longer be eating tacos. Again.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Thought I'd drop this here, cuz of the whole taco shell discussiony thingy 😏
Question is, will they have anything to put inside those tacos?

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
3.) Third bite? Anyone's guess. Do you want more "just toppings" or more "just meat" because no human mouth ever has been capable of a full, appreciable bite of the whole thing unless their ancestors were boa constrictors.
Where are you getting tacos where they are too gigantic to fit inside a normal human mouth? I wouldn't buy something like that either. Around here even if you get a "super taco" it is only longer than a standard one and can still easily be bitten into even at its tallest while getting toppings and meat. Just don't shop at "entire burger sized tacos r us" and its a much easier eating experience.

I'm seeing a lot of complaints about messiness in general. Too much I think. Maybe I'm just being too ableist, but human beings have very complex hands with fingers capable of fairly deft movements. Someone who can't hold and eat a taco without winding up covering themselves and others around them with its contents... maybe should see a doctor about that. As for messy... that's why you eat it over a plate. Like a person. Anything falling from it then lands on the plate. The fallen morsel can then be picked up and then eaten provided it was a clean plate. As for walking around, street taco style. Do that outdoors, the place that you can see sky overhead and ground underfoot. A crumb beef or shell or stray shred of cheese or lettuce falls... it lands on the ground... don't worry. Its biodegradable, and generally will be eaten later by some kind of critter before that would be an issue anyway. Maybe its just a "land of the blind" kind of issue, but I don't seem to have trouble navigating the the treacherous balancing act that is eating a taco. Am I just underestimating my incredible manual dexterity... or is it just people overestimating the difficulty of what I'm judging to be a fairly routine and easily accomplished task?

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Where are you getting tacos where they are too gigantic to fit inside a normal human mouth? I wouldn't buy something like that either. Around here even if you get a "super taco" it is only longer than a standard one and can still easily be bitten into even at its tallest while getting toppings and meat. Just don't shop at "entire burger sized tacos r us" and its a much easier eating experience.

I'm seeing a lot of complaints about messiness in general. Too much I think. Maybe I'm just being too ableist, but human beings have very complex hands with fingers capable of fairly deft movements. Someone who can't hold and eat a taco without winding up covering themselves and others around them with its contents... maybe should see a doctor about that. As for messy... that's why you eat it over a plate. Like a person. Anything falling from it then lands on the plate. The fallen morsel can then be picked up and then eaten provided it was a clean plate. As for walking around, street taco style. Do that outdoors, the place that you can see sky overhead and ground underfoot. A crumb beef or shell or stray shred of cheese or lettuce falls... it lands on the ground... don't worry. Its biodegradable, and generally will be eaten later by some kind of critter before that would be an issue anyway. Maybe its just a "land of the blind" kind of issue, but I don't seem to have trouble navigating the the treacherous balancing act that is eating a taco. Am I just underestimating my incredible manual dexterity... or is it just people overestimating the difficulty of what I'm judging to be a fairly routine and easily accomplished task?
I'm being largely facetious in my "hatred" of tacos, but yes, hard-shell tacos are indeed inconvenient to eat. By your own admission, if a food meant to be eaten with the hands requires a plate to catch the inexorable fallout, then you've got a design flaw mostly solved by soft-shell options or burritos.

And I'm not sure where YOU'RE buying your tacos, but I know in my case, the average hard-shell taco, at its apex, tends to be wider than a human mouth, so an appreciable bite of cheese, lettuce, tomato, meat and shell is very difficult without appearing a glutton trying to stuff his/her face instead of eating like a civilized person. And name another food that, by design, requires the consumer to turn their head sideways.

Point being: hard-shell tacos are simply more work and more mess than they're worth when you can wrap the same ingredients in a soft corn/flour tortilla, or the easiest solution wrap the ingredients entirely as a burrito, translating to "little donkey," as in the domesticated working animal used to lug bulky stuff for ease of use and access for its owner.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Same. When I order a burger at a higher-end restaurant (not a fast food joint,) I always ask them to back off making it look appetizing by piling on the ingredients because it becomes impractical to eat. I want to be able to have bun in my fingers from the first bite to the last; I don't need a 6-inch tall gourmet burger that falls apart after the first 3-4 bites because the Chef Boyardee back there is trying to justify a $12 meat patty between a bun.
I've long since accepted that 50% of posh burgers aren't designed to be eaten as a sandwich. That or I have a freakishly narrow jaw angle, and I'm pretty sure it's in the normal range.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
WHAT!?!?!? You monster!!!!! The definition clearly states a sandwich has TWO pieces of bread. Is a folded pizza a sandwich then? Do New Yorkers not even eat pizza but unfolded sandwiches? Though I'd be fine with that as being from Chicago, New York pizza sucks 😁

Seriously, I couldn't care less, I only asked the question because it's been a "divisive" thing on the internet.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
WHAT!?!?!? You monster!!!!! The definition clearly states a sandwich has TWO pieces of bread. Is a folded pizza a sandwich then? Do New Yorkers not even eat pizza but unfolded sandwiches? Though I'd be fine with that as being from Chicago, New York pizza sucks 😁

Seriously, I couldn't care less, I only asked the question because it's been a "divisive" thing on the internet.
1627615395017.jpeg
As I said, a hot dog is a roll. As these are roast beef rolls :)

Reactions: Phoenixmgs