So sick of the "friend zone".

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Samurai Silhouette said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
Be a scumbag.

No I'm serious. If you always play it nice, you'll end up screwed over.
Because there's only one form of "Nice guy" and it never pull in the ass. Seriously, don't take Sane's advice. Be yourself and the people compatible to your personality will soon come.
"Be yourself", Heh. Ah yes, the mommy-answer to "why don't that nice guy/girl like me?".
"He/She just doesn't understand you! Be yourself and find someone that likes you for you!".

Ever figured that there might just be something wrong with who you are, and maybe change is a GOOD THING?
I could never accept the "be yourself"-talk.
If you want someone, be what they want you to be, if you find that it is an acceptable loss to give up part of what you are to get to be with someone you love.
It's a balance thing.
If you go with "be yourself", you might be true to "yourself", but you might just miss out on true love, or actually never get any love at all, simply because you refuse to comprimise.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I thought the 'friend-zone' was the excuse that shy guys use when they manage to become a girls best-friend, but never have the guts to take it to the next level...

The 'be an asshole' thing is mostly bollocks... it's not bad personality girls become attracted to, it's the confidence that goes with it! You just have to stand tall and make yourself noticed!

Samurai Silhouette

Nov 16, 2009
Realitycrash said:
Samurai Silhouette said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
Be a scumbag.

Because there's only one form of "Nice guy" and it never pull in the ass. Seriously, don't take Sane's advice. Be yourself and the people compatible to your personality will soon come.
"Be yourself", Heh. Ah yes, the mommy-answer to "why don't that nice guy/girl like me?".
"He/She just doesn't understand you! Be yourself and find someone that likes you for you!".

Ever figured that there might just be something wrong with who you are, and maybe change is a GOOD THING?
If you want someone, be what they want you to be, if you find that it is an acceptable loss to give up part of what you are to get to be with someone you love.
It's a balance thing.
If you go with "be yourself", you might be true to "yourself", but you might just miss out on true love, or actually never get any love at all, simply because you refuse to comprimise.
I'm myself, I'm a good guy, I pull ass. I don't see your point.

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
You mean that place that doesn't exist? I hate that place.

Why didn't you just accept her rebound advances? It wouldn't make you a dick unless you intended to sleep with her and leave her. You're sending mixed signals and expecting her to magically work it out. You rejected her advances repeatedly despite saying you were interested.

Why is she being pursued by so many guys anyway? Was your high school drama written by Stephanie Meyer? The fact that she's going after the one guy who apparently isn't interested because he isn't interested just shows she has major issues. If your feelings are so strong just lay your cards on the table. If she's not interested just stop trying. If you must, distance yourself from her. It sounds like the two of you are just leading eachother on.

hawkeye52

Jul 17, 2009
Muspelheim said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
Be a scumbag.

Or perhaps achieve a balance. Be nice, don't play nice. Don't let yourself be screwed over, but don't be a scumbag.

http://heartlessbitches.com/rants/niceguys/ng.shtml

Trust me, worth some reading.
Thanks for the links mate. Just realised through contemplation of my last forays into this field how shit I am for this kind of stuff and how manipulative I can be regarding stuff like this. No seriously I am thanking you for this.

Hopefully I can have more confidence now and just be more direct about myself

Paradoxrifts

Jan 17, 2010
Eric Berne - "Some say that one-sided love is better than none, but like half a loaf of bread, it is likely to grow hard and moldy sooner."

So I say cut her loose before you do irrecoverable damage to yourself and your ability to interact with people with vaginas.

Akimoto

Nov 22, 2011
Drake_Dercon said:
Apparently she's treating you like a 'super-glue' guy. You're her heart break first aid and that's not good. She did not friend-zone you, quickly unhinge yourself from that girl.

TorqueConverter

Nov 2, 2011
I don't know you as a person so do not take this generic advice as an insult:

Behave like a man and treat her like a woman. Flirt with her. Try to be charming and try not to be an agreeable sheep. Conduct yourself around her, and others, as a confident man. People pick up these sorts of things and it's going to help you out in life as basic life skills.

You can't expect a woman to become attracted to you by presenting her with a logical argument. She either does or does not feel an attraction towards you.

eels05

Jun 11, 2009
Go read 'The Game' by Neil Strauss.it'll give you ideas on how to approach women so that the 'friend zone' is an optional extra,for your sake,not for hers.

Overall I wouldn't get to cut up over one woman.
They never stop making women,a new model comes out every year.

HenrySugar

Feb 6, 2012
Friendzone should never exist. I'm a 37 year old advert major working down in Cali and I'm stuck in friendzone with a friend who has been "interested" in me for 4 years, and yet, she doesn't want to be "hurt again"

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
How old are you? ( sorry if you've already answered). I'm guessing you're still in high school so let me tell you the reason for all high school relationship problems. Hormones. Hers are screwing up and so are yours. Neither or you really know what you want so just move on. Also, can we stop with this 'friendzone' crap. You can't help who you like and who you don't ok. Unless you're a asshole you don't lead people on on purpose.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
Be a scumbag.

Until your girlfriend breaks up with you because you are a scumbag. The whole "girls are attracted to proper assholes" thing is a myth. Thats true for an extreme minority. The majority will just kick you in the ass.

Trust me, I know. I have some experience when it comes to being an asshole.
Oh really? I never would have guessed.

Seriously though, nice to see you again Smash.[footnote]Or should it be Titan Quest? Eh, whatever[/footnote] Always appreciate your amusing and cutting candor on every subject under the sun.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
SaneAmongInsane said:
Be a scumbag.

Fuck off. What you just said is worse in every way than the 'scumbags' you're talking about. Just learn to talk to girls people and move onto one that's actually interested in you.

Unless that was ironic. In which case, I will congratulate you on your wit and wish you a good day.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
So what I'm getting here is that at some point she was happy to start dating you and you said no, despite wanting to anyway.

In other words, it's entirely your fault for missing your opportunity.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
SaneAmongInsane said:
Be a scumbag.

This is great advice if you don't want a relationship that lasts longer than six months.

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Samurai Silhouette said:
Realitycrash said:
Samurai Silhouette said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
Be a scumbag.

It's a balance thing.
I'm myself, I'm a good guy, I pull ass. I don't see your point.
Some people buy one lottery-ticket at the age of nine and never have to work at all.
Most people have to work their entire life.
Please get the difference.
Just because YOU "pull ass" with being exactly as you feel, doesn't mean everyone else do, or even close to it.
Besides, I wasn't promoting the tired "Asshole vs niceguy" routine, I was simply pointing out that one has to be willing to change, for better or for worse.