So there's a dislike bot on Youtube now...

Overusedname

Emcee: the videogame video guy
Jun 26, 2012
Great. Just great. This is so helpful.

This is just a warning to other uploaders that such a thing exists, so don't get discouraged.

I recently got 8 dislikes on a video in the span of less than a minute (I was checking how long it would take youtube to update), on a video that previously had nothing but likes. 56 of them.

And I poked around and sure enough, I'm not the only victim of this.

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/youtube/3DeXhNLY108

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/youtube/0hp2xIlr76Q

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/youtube/FZ0hOOb9dDU/pRoIKLb1g6sJ

And...several other examples.

IF ya hate my work, nothing but respect for ya. I can understand not everyone will enjoy it, but one person's opinion should not count 8 times.

So I ask you, my fellow escapies...how do you even begin to report something like that? If the dislikes where gradual, I'd understand but yeesh. There's no way it would just explode with hate like that in less than one minute. Anyone know a counter?

Why would people go out of their way to do this?

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
I've no idea, but this surely explains the dislikes on my videos.

Right? Nobody could hate fifteen minute ramblings about survival horror, right? RIGHT?

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
There have always been dislike bots. I don't think you can really do anything but report to their support and hope for the best.

Overusedname

Jun 26, 2012
GeneralTwinkle said:
There have always been dislike bots. I don't think you can really do anything but report to their support and hope for the best.
I'm sure you're right, though I'm not sure how to prove something like this. Thanks anyway.

It's 8 dislikes on a video with 60 likes. I don't think that really means anything. I still wanna warn other users though. Even if we can't do anything about it....

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
You may note that Youtube is not the spawning ground for brilliance in comments. It only follows that some of those idiots spend time with code to prove that they're even dumber than they look.

Overusedname

Jun 26, 2012
okyVdtCP said:
Cause, you know, no one could possible dislike YOUR video.
Right?
I kindly ask you to read the initial post. Thank you. I'm aware of how the title sounds, but I'm just trying to warn people.

I've been told these things have existed for a long time now, though...

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
EMP blast the world. That'll stop 'em pretty quick. Other than that, nothing you can do :|

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Yeah dislike bots aren't anything new, they've been around for years. Sorry if you got hit by one though

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Doclector said:
I've no idea, but this surely explains the dislikes on my videos.

Right? Nobody could hate fifteen minute ramblings about survival horror, right? RIGHT?
Link please? :3 I love watching survival horror let's plays/Reviews :)

Just PM if you're worried about mods gettin on ya back for promoting.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I just stopped caring about flaming comments and the number of likes!
Problem solved :D

wierdman51

Apr 24, 2009
okyVdtCP said:
Cause, you know, no one could possible dislike YOUR video.
Right?
We can assume this video of his was already posted sometime ago, and he was just checking it. Mathematically, unless he just released the video, we can assume a burst of dislikes all of a sudden is an anomaly. Its highly unlikely for a good few days after a videos release to garner so many different dislikes in that short period.

Brandon Logan

Jan 20, 2011
You are aware your Minecraft analysis video was posted on 4chan's video-game board right? That could explain the large amount of dislikes in such a short time frame.

wierdman51

Apr 24, 2009
Brandon Logan said:
You are aware your Minecraft analysis video was posted on 4chan's video-game board right? That could explain the large amount of dislikes in such a short time frame.
Why in the ever loving god would you post a video of yours to 4chan OP? it is not an advisable viewer source. Quite a few of them get their jollies off on this bit of mischief.

Brandon Logan

Jan 20, 2011
wierdman51 said:
Brandon Logan said:
Why in the ever loving god would you post a video of yours to 4chan OP? it is not an advisable viewer source. Quite a few of them get their jollies off on this bit of mischief.
I'm gonna assume it wasn't OP. Cause it was posted with something along the lines of kill me, this video is awful."

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
This explains a lot.

The music video for "Get the Devil Out of Me" by Delain seemed like it was haunted a few weeks back. There was some crazy woman ranting on about the band being devil worshippers and that we shouldn't listen to the music. Her comments were about the only thing visible, because any comments anyone left saying nice things about the band (or even just "Rock on!") had enough down-votes to auto-hide them (despite there being no almost no other negative comments).

I experimented a bit after I first noticed this. Even "Is this comment going to get hidden?" got down-voted into oblivion within the hour!

IamGamer41

Mar 19, 2010
So bloody lame.I have not been hit buy this so far.Maybe its because I don't actually speak in any of my videos.God knows if I did I would lose what few subs I have.