So, this Amazon union vote crap.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Oh an appeal to human nature, the argument of the lazy, one I cannot fundamentally take seriously particularly from suburbanites that don't know what being in life or death conditions are and as such don't truly understand human nature, but I'm not sick anymore and I've decided I'll humour it just this once, even if it's vapid at best.
Don't give me that. Certainly don't give me that whilst suggesting that suburbanites somehow aren't living a life every bit as real as anyone else. No-one's life becomes magically more "real" and their nature magically more "natural" just because they are poor and face more challenges. You are free to see say that suburbanites do not generally understand the lot of the poor, but then the reverse is equally true that the poor do not generally understand suburbanites. We are formed by our experiences, and we all live in the real world which gives us all different experiences. Let's all humanity have that mutual respect for each other.

Human nature is malleable, but there is no evidence whatsoever that any aspect of the vast range of human behaviour can be eliminated, short of us ceasing to be meaningfully human. There are psychopaths and narcissists and so on, and I see literally no good reason to think they will cease to exist, nor will a wide range of other vices ever totally disappear. We can educate people by encouragement, dogma, good example and so on to be more ethical, and it works to some degree. We can take away a lot of the conditions that drive unethical behaviour - psychological and socioeconomic pressures, competition, etc. and it works to some degree. But I do not believe it can work absolutely, and because of that, any system from an anarchy to a totalitarian state needs practical systems and processes to deal with corruption. They will be constantly tested, and they will inevitably, occasionally, fail.