So, Titanfall will not be sold in South Africa...

Scratch17

Mar 1, 2011
OK, this kinda just punched holes in my day. EA South Africa posted on their Facebook that Titanfall will not be released 'at this point' in South Africa because our network speed is not up to snuff. I don't know who to blame more: EA, Microsoft, our government for the crappy infrastructure, or the asshat who complained publicly about it.

http://www.lazygamer.net/pc-gaming/has-south-africa-been-denied-titanfall/

Most of the details are here. Just follow the s**tstorm to find out all the details. GAWD, I'm pissed about this... I was seriously looking forward to this. And the more games that rely on constant connectivity, the more we'll get left out if our local publishers don't offer the proper server support for these games.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Like at all? Well that fucking sucks, have games like BF4 been released in South Africa? Cause that excuse sounds like a load of BS to me.

Blitsie

Jul 2, 2012
As a South African, that's the biggest amount of fucking bullshit I've ever heard (excuse the French). I know its generally lame to point fingers, but its got to be EA at fault here for just being their usual pathetic selves. I wonder what makes Titanfall so special it can't run here when we have no problems whatsoever with Battlefield or Call of Duty or even smaller releases like Red Orchestra and whatnot. I see absolutely no excuse other than doing a shitty job on their side for this situation.

Hope it gets resolved quickly, I know tons of people who pre ordered it here and can already hear the torches being lit and pitchforks being cleaned.

The Lunatic

Princess
Jun 3, 2010
Is it really possible to prevent something being sold on a certain country when a platform like the PC can access basically any region?

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
According to the link, it was digital (Origin) copies only. Well, I shouldn't say 'only', but do you think that leaves open the possibility of a physical game disc being sold?

It always bums me out to hear that (probably) the concept of LAN options in games are a thing of the past. I know you could do that for Saints Row IV, but again, it's becoming more and more rare. You'd think they would build that in from the start for the PC version.

KouDy

Dec 31, 2010
And what if you buy it for example here : http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/titanfall ? Might be working (tho watch out, by all means i am NOT saying it will work).

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
That's BS. I play BC2, GTAV and ME3 just fine and I have the worst internet available.

But... I'm not really into MP games so this doesn't really affect me. Sucks for you though :-(