So 'Twitch Plays Pokemon' just started the Elite Four

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
tendaji said:
EHKOS said:
Someone should post their team. Or at least write a chronicle of the adventure. We should probably keep track for history's sake. Although I don't know why. The whole thing seems utterly moronic and amazingly awesome at the same time. I honestly have no idea how to feel about it.
Here is just what you happen to be looking for. https://sites.google.com/site/twitchplayspokemonstatus/ All the major events are listed and the pokemon captured, released, etc also listed with time stamps.
Oh thanks! It's pretty amazing, I'm surprised at some of their levels.

Qvar

OBJECTION!
Aug 25, 2013
Nymi said:
EHKOS said:
The whole thing seems utterly moronic
Pretty much. I struggle to understand why half the internet has their knickers in a twist over random people playing Pokemon via Twitch. I mean, honestly, who gives a fuck? A lot of people, apparently. But I seriously don't get why. Play pokemon in a slower and more annoying way than if you just played it on your own, now on Twitch! What's the draw, exactly?
Are you not interested on the living proof of how democracy makes it all right, but extremely slow and inneficient, while anarchism makes it be fast, self-destructive and chaotic?

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
They (?) won... somehow... and now apparently "a new adventure will begin" in like 13 hours.
Seriously though I watched for maybe 20 minutes yesterday and it gets boring really quick, how on earth do people get invested longer than that is beyond me. The fact a whole mythology of memes and image search results was spawned in a mere 2 weeks is terrifying.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
Johnny Novgorod said:
The fact a whole mythology of memes and image search results was spawned in a mere 2 weeks is terrifying.
Actually, I find that to be my favorite part of the whole thing. I have every intention of discussing this in both my Creative Writing and World Religions courses, and possibly Psychology as well. The collective creation of mythology out of mindless chaos is utterly fascinating.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Aris Khandr said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
The fact a whole mythology of memes and image search results was spawned in a mere 2 weeks is terrifying.
Actually, I find that to be my favorite part of the whole thing. I have every intention of discussing this in both my Creative Writing and World Religions courses, and possibly Psychology as well. The collective creation of mythology out of mindless chaos is utterly fascinating.
Is it though? All they did was come up with a tiresome analogy with Christianity.