So what are your top 3 games this year.

jacobythehedgehog

Jun 15, 2011
I figured the year 2011 is pretty much done and I never seen a topic like this and sooooo, we had an amazing line up of games released this year. But which ones were your favourite? Fellow escapist no bashing peoples favourite but I want an honest opinion, and maybe at in your least favourite as well. Either way, here goes mine. Try not to include HD collections if possible, I wouldn't 100% count them as games released this year. Anyway Ejoy! :)

1) Deus Ex: Human Revolution
2) Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
3) Crysis 2

Least favourite I would have to say

1) Duke Nukem Forever

Apr 28, 2008
Witcher 2
Portal 2
Skyrim

In no particular order. There's more games I loved, but if I had to pick 3, those would be it.

Most disappointing game for me was Dragon Age 2. Origins smashed Bioware's expected sales projections and was critically acclaimed and liked by many, many people. So for the sequel Bioware changed it to try and appeal to the "mainstream", which seemed to have enjoyed Origins quite a bit.

Doesn't make much sense, but whatever.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
1) MLB 11: The Show
2) Jetpack Joyride
3) N/A

Isn't it sad that I've only actually played 2 games that have come out this year? And one of them is an iOS game? Yeesh.

I'll get some games around Christmastime, though. I think.

ResonanceGames

Feb 25, 2011
1.) Skyrim

2.) Portal 2

3.) Human Revolution

Which is the best top three I've had in one year in quite some time. All three are totally must-owns. And I haven't even played The Witcher 2, Uncharted 3, or Batman yet!

MellowFellow

Feb 14, 2010
1. Skyrim
2. Assassin's Creed
3. Deus Ex

Will probably end up replacing deus ex with saint's row, but I haven't played enough of it yet to decide. Also Star Wars The Old Republic has a shot of getting in as well.

w9496

Jun 28, 2011
1- Gears of War 3

2- Bulletstorm

3- Duke Nukem Forever(just to make people mad)

I don't really play a whole lot of games every year, and these are the three out of the 6 or 7 that I enjoyed the most.

I foresee an unstoppable wave of SKYRIM IS THE BEST GAME EVAR posts coming in. Not that there is anything wrong with someones opinion though.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
I've only played Skyrim and Bulletstorm. Trying to save my money for the Steam Christmas sale. Although the autumn sale is happening right now, might go ahead and pick up Portal 2 for $10.19.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Skyrim
Portal 2
Skyward Sword (probably)

Skyrim is amazing and hard to put down. Portal 2 was absolutely beautiful. Skyward Sword looks absolutely amazing, and I forsee many hours of sleep lost to it.

El Luck

Jul 22, 2011
Top 3 games:
1)The Witcher 2
2)Portal 2
3)Assassins Creed: Revelations

Runners up are:
Dungeon Defenders
Orcs must die!
Magicka

Really really shit game I regret buying:
Dungeons.

Slightly disappointing but still fun enough to be worth the money:
Bulletstorm

Game that I will buy when I have the sodding money / enough patches have come out for it to not be a buggy mess* / becomes slightly cheaper on the steam Christmas sale:
Skyrim

I've had the shittest luck with bethesda games, I don't need anyone quoting me telling me that you haven't had any problems with it, surprisingly i'm not you. You'd think I wouldn't have to put this, but there's always some fuckwit who seems to think that just because they haven't had any problems, they represent every person who's brought the cunting thing.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
kyogen said:
The Witcher 2
Dark Souls
Skyrim

...but Ico/SotC HD is really good, too
So far, these 3 for sure :)

Although I've yet to play Assassin's Creed Revelations. Bought it last week with my gf but we haven't had the time to sit down and play it yet.

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
Can I say Skyrim 3 times?

OK, OK...

1. Skyrim
2. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
3. Batman: Arkham City

They may be the only games I've played that came out this year...

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
1) Portal 2
2) Dead Space 2
3) Saints Row The Third

Skyrim would most likely be #3 instead of Saints Row if I'd actually gotten to play it, but I haven't. When it came down to deciding between the deep open-world action-RPG and the awesomely over-the-top sandbox murder-fest, I went with the experience I didn't already have three of. So Skyrim's just going to have to wait until I got a bit more money before I let it devour my soul, as I know it would.

thibaut95

Feb 8, 2011
top 3 in no order
-Skyrim
-Assassin's creed Revelations
-Batman arkham ciy

=> honourable mention to Portal 2

most dissapointing: LA noire, i do like the city ,motion-cap and vehicules but it was so bloody repetitive. Normally i beat a game in 9-10 days but La noir.... I have bought it in august and still have half the game to go :mad:

Glowbug

Jul 10, 2011
1. Skyrim
2. Deus Ex
3. Portal 2

Yeah. Like pretty much everyone else, but those were the first three games I though of when I saw this forum post, they were all sublime.

RUNNERS UP

Batman Arkham City
The Binding of Isaac
And Yet It Moves
Rayman Origins
Warhammer 40K Space Marine