So What did you think about the Royal Wedding

KnowYourOnion

Jul 6, 2009
It was all very wedding-y which i guess is a good thing, best of luck to them :)
On a more interesting note; OMG THE QUEEN LOOKED LIKE COLONEL MUSTARD!!!!

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
thaluikhain said:
Owyn_Merrilin said:
In defense of the thread I started, I checked to see if there was another thread on the topic at all. I missed one, but two threads isn't all that much.
Only two?

My mistake, I thought there'd been more than that.
There are quite a few more now; my thread was the second one, and the first one actually focused on the wedding itself, instead of a goofy picture of a Dalek painted like the Union flag.

The Zango

Resident stoner and Yognaught
Apr 30, 2009
I slept through it and now me and my friends are going to get together and play the royal wedding drinking game... Smoking edition, every time you see the Queen you get a little higher, should be a good day :)

Serioli

Mar 26, 2010
Better than the world cup (Soccer to the chaps across the pond). Only happens once or twice a generation and the surrounding crap will go away sooner. £20m for the wedding? You'd be lucky to get two teams for a game for that much...

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Owyn_Merrilin said:
There are quite a few more now; my thread was the second one, and the first one actually focused on the wedding itself, instead of a goofy picture of a Dalek painted like the Union flag.
Oh, right, that would explain that then.

matt87_50

Apr 3, 2009
I was surprised how quickly it was over, they were married in literally the first 5 mins! then just a bunch of boring religious stuff for the next hour and a half.

I was kinda caught off guard by how religious the whole thing was... not that I'm against that. I guess I just forgot how religious traditional weddings are...

just a bit awkward with the guy talking about "marriage is the union between a man and woman..." with Elton John sitting there seemingly in the front row... and then all the stuff about "God will smite you if your not perfectly faithful to each other" with Charles and Camilla just meters away...

Soviet Steve

May 23, 2009
I haven't been following but having checked my RSS feed I can definitely say that there aren't enough nukes or guillotines.

Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
KnowYourOnion said:
On a more interesting note; OMG THE QUEEN LOOKED LIKE COLONEL MUSTARD!!!!

I would say she looked more like Big Duck Bird from Sesame Street

SomeBoredGuy

Nov 18, 2009
Yay! Free day off!

Wait, there's a Royal Wedding? Eh, Who's Line Is It Anyway is on the other channel. I think I'll just watch that.

Akihiko

Raincoat Killer
Aug 21, 2008
Slept through it. But boy did I enjoy that sleep, was very nice, and relaxing.

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
I watched a little in between the Chasers, the footy and Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey. There were so many people outside of the palace!

Purple Dragon

Dec 19, 2010
nrmally not to fussed about the royals, but i watched anyway as i felt it was an EVENT
was very well pulled of in my opinin, I loved the page boys outfits and was amused by Prince Phillip eyeing the maid of honour

MrPop

May 14, 2009
matt87_50 said:
I was surprised how quickly it was over, they were married in literally the first 5 mins! then just a bunch of boring religious stuff for the next hour and a half.

I was kinda caught off guard by how religious the whole thing was... not that I'm against that. I guess I just forgot how religious traditional weddings are...

just a bit awkward with the guy talking about "marriage is the union between a man and woman..." with Elton John sitting there seemingly in the front row... and then all the stuff about "God will smite you if your not perfectly faithful to each other" with Charles and Camilla just meters away...
I also found the vow about being together whether you're rich or poor pretty funny. I'm not really sure that applies to the Royal family.

I enjoyed it. I watched it outside on a big screen while reading a book. So I had something to do whenever the sermon got dull because of the whole generic religious parts.

It was very quick too. Minibuses looked funny and I noticed how there seemed to be quite a few holes in the roads with sand over them...

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
I approved of them inviting their local pub-owner, and giving him a front row seat next to the queen. Really my only thought about it.