So What did you think about the Royal Wedding

Zyxx

Jan 25, 2010
Someone got married what? Royal? What are you even talking about?

... is what I wish I could say at this point. As it is, I've been forced to listen to people bang on about this in lieu of any actual news about anything else anywhere - and I'm in friggin' Texas. I'm glad it's over so we can get to the honeymoon and move on.

Question: Will the Royal Divorce garner as much attention?

Captcha: anissed 180. Sounds like a vaguely dirty skateboard trick.

dkyros

Dec 11, 2008
Vern5 said:
henritje said:
GamesB2 said:

What the fuck is that thing on her head...

Other than that, yay for them I suppose?
it,s a white messed up pretzel
OT
Didn't care that much for it.
She looks like she belongs in Pan's Labyrinth.
omg thats where I've seen that before. I'm like "how can I get through all these posts and no one have any insigh... THATS IT!!!

OT: Umm I was busy with something more important. Namely DA:O on the xbox. And they are ruining my day with clips from it on CNN, so on the whole I dislike it when people I don't care about become a bigger focus than natural disaster victims. (US recently was hit hard by Tornadoes)

Feb 19, 2010
Wll, i think the monarchy will be celbrate-ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxx

sorry, gotta watch the paint dry & the grass grow!

ParanoidAndroid

Apr 2, 2011
I was asleep and only woke up to the end, which wasn't that exciting. I don't like the idea of monarchy, anyway, but his coat was from the Irish regiment or something, so that was cool.

Bretty

Jul 15, 2008
SFR said:
Ranooth said:
KnowYourOnion said:
On a more interesting note; OMG THE QUEEN LOOKED LIKE COLONEL MUSTARD!!!!

I would say she looked more like Big Duck from Sesame Street
Big Bird... I think you meant Big Bird.

So, I'm not to thrilled that the wedding cost 20 million pounds and was paid for by tax payer money (not sure how much, but still). I heard that 80 percent were against the wedding because of this. I don't blame them. It's not like the royal family does much in terms of governing... or anything for that matter. I'm not English, so my views aren't as personal as some, I'm sure.
Yeah because London business totally didn't just a huge boost in revenues because of this?

Listen, you obviously haven?t thought your argument through and are 'not thrilled', lol.

The Monarchy is one of the LARGEST tourism focal points in Europe. But let?s just forget the tourists for now. How many more British people do you think were in London today? Buying train tickets, bus passes, food, drink, stuff, hotels etc?

It may have cost $20 mill in MY (not your) taxes, but London (and the British people as a whole) have benefited hugely from this.

I won?t even start to mention how happy the British people are to see their monarchy.

How much do you think American news agencies paid to be up front and have access? How much will publishing rights, picture rights and video rights net the Gov?t?

What doesn't 'thrill' me is a person who has no grasp (or license) on any given situation saying how perturbed they are over it, when they cant even put a single thought behind their action other than making up a statistic.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
I think it was a somewhat dull ceremony. The aesthetic choice to make everything look like the inside of my eyelids was, I believe, a poor one.

....Oh wait, that wasn't the wedding; I was asleep.

FeralDynasty

The Lich King
Feb 2, 2010
I think that the entire world needs to forget the royal family and say that they stopped mattering after the kings/queens stopped having any real political power (which is true).

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009

Because I couldn't find a youtube video with a black background and no sound to represent my apathy.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
I couldn't give a crap. I hate the royal family, rich just because of their linage. Do they even own land or something? Were does all that income come from? I mean the income not stolen from people who didn't make a will before they died.

viking97

Jan 23, 2010
i heard about for the first time yesterday, and i honestly couldn't care less what the royal family does.

i slept in.

FeralDynasty

The Lich King
Feb 2, 2010
royal family 
?noun
the immediate family of a reigning monarch.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/royal+family

monarch (ˈmɒnək)

? n
1. a sovereign head of state, esp a king, queen, or emperor, who rules usually by hereditary right
2. a supremely powerful or pre-eminent person or thing

The "Monarchs" of england have no actual power so by definition they are not monarchs, without power there is no royalty, without royalty THEIR LAST NAME IS WINSOR MOVE THEM OUT OF THE PALACE GET AN APARTMENT AND A REAL JOB.

IsraelRocks

Apr 21, 2010
PenneyBack said:
IsraelRocks said:
the only people who have a right to complain about this wedding is the British people who's taxes partly support the royal family.
other then that... love is a great thing :D
We haven't even got to worry about that! (I refer you to my previous post)
I hope Israel have had a nice day as well, and the wedding isn't overly reported there.

Nah... just a full day special on the government channel

StellarViking

Apr 10, 2011
Good for them. I don't understand why everyone here in the States is flipping out over the royal wedding of a nation that isn't them. Sure, the UK is great, been there a few times, and they're probably our closest allies at the moment, but you don't see the UK getting all excited over, say, Chelsea Clinton's wedding.

UltraDeth

Nov 2, 2010
Couldn't care less. I was doing more important proud Englishman things such playing Dragon Age and watching Red Dwarf