So What did you think about the Royal Wedding

Daffy F

Apr 17, 2009
geekRAGE said:
so they actually dont do anything then? wow what a hard life
Actually the Queen spends her entire time in he public eye. She's a public figure, which is hard than you'd think to do. It means you have to live your entire life without doing anything unsavoury or different. You can't express opinions or appear to support a particular political party. Also, the Queen opens over on average 400 events or places a year. Which is a lot. More than one per day, on average.
Odbarc said:
1) It won't last.
What makes you so certain?

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
GamesB2 said:

What the fuck is that thing on her head...

Other than that, yay for them I suppose?
it,s a white messed up pretzel
OT
Didn't care that much for it.

IsraelRocks

Apr 21, 2010
the only people who have a right to complain about this wedding is the British people who's taxes partly support the royal family.
other then that... love is a great thing :D

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
The human mind does not have the capability to understand how little I give a shit about those un-elected spongers and who they marry. I was pissed of with the fact that the media kept telling me I should give a shit because I was English. I swear if human civilization does not destroy itself in the next 100 years (watch the news. It could happen) then I doubt the royal family will still be around.

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
Slept through it. Oh no, whatever shall I do? Wait, I can continue to completely not give a shit about them or their wedding? I'm... free!

I just remembered that means that horsey faced twit will definitely be having sex tonight. Not a pleasant image. Well I've got some drinking to do.

May 28, 2009
It was very good, oh deep and edgy individuals of the Escapist. I'm very proud of my great-grandnephew.

All your weddings won't ever have so much splendour.

Lord Penney

Dec 26, 2010
IsraelRocks said:
the only people who have a right to complain about this wedding is the British people who's taxes partly support the royal family.
other then that... love is a great thing :D
We haven't even got to worry about that! (I refer you to my previous post)
I hope Israel have had a nice day as well, and the wedding isn't overly reported there.

GameMaNiAC

Sep 8, 2010
I was quite disappointed by their kiss. I mean, it could've been more romantic or passionate. Instead, it was a very brief peck.

FightThePower

The Voice of Treason
Dec 17, 2008
I don't really care about the Wedding itself, I just hate the sickening level of patriotism on display.

People have been camping out for this completely unremarkable event since Monday. Do these people not have jobs or something?

TheRocketeer

Intolerable Bore
Dec 24, 2009
Royalty is a disgusting anachronism, a tradition that exists to pay vast fortunes to people whose ancestors enslaved entire countries on the basis that they had been chosen by God to be as gods themselves. Their only legacy is centuries of political, racial, and religious repression, war, and genocide.

Cooing and gawking at every little irrelevant social function that is their sole contemporary purpose is no different from giggling like an idiot at news of the new dress that Hitler's foremost descendant was seen in, or holding a media circus over the birth of Pol Pot's new great-grandson.

Make the royal family get real jobs, and live as equal human beings to the rest of their countrymen rather than letting them live in a palace as thanks for perpetuating a brutal, despotic caste system for hundreds of years. When they have weddings, their coworkers can buy them blenders and silverware.

live2laugh

Dec 10, 2009
I watched it because it was on, Thought it was alright, she looked really nice and I enjoyed laughing at the stupid hats

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
Wait, there was a wedding? Huh.

Okay, technically I did know there was some "royal wedding" going on... somewhere, but I have no bloody idea who the bride and groom are and I was otherwise completely oblivious to every other detail of the ceremony (like that it has actually happened, news to me!).

If it weren't for people here on the Escapist (and oddly enough one of my college professors in a business course) mentioning it, I think I might very well have remained completely ignorant of the proceedings (instead of just almost completely ignorant of them).

Call me crazy if you will, but I fail to see how the actions of "celebrities" or glorified figureheads are in any way relevant to my life, or for that matter, interesting - what precisely is the draw to learning pointless details of the lives of strangers? Total strangers aren't going to give a damn if you get married/get divorced/go to rehab/cheat on your wife/husband/etc, so why does the inverse work differently? When you think about it, there's something very twisted going on when your average citizen cares more about celebrity breakups than they do the results of their country's last general election.

Do I care about things that are ultimately rather stupid and pointless? Oh hell yes, not going to even attempt to claim otherwise, but at least I know that, and don't expect anyone else to care along with me.

[small]Clarification: I have no problem with this particular wedding, I just think it's silly to care about it unless you were involved, or your tax dollars paid for it and you feel like complaining accordingly - mundane elements of the lives of strangers don't magically become important just because those strangers are "famous", and if you think otherwise you are wrong.[/small]

Vern5

Mar 3, 2011
I watched some of it. I him put the ring on her hand and a few minutes after that. One thing I noticed was that he never smiled. There was one point where someone from the crowd must have waved or something and she looked over and giggled. Then he just kind of sneered in the direction she was already looking.

Vern5

Mar 3, 2011
henritje said:
GamesB2 said:

What the fuck is that thing on her head...

Other than that, yay for them I suppose?
it,s a white messed up pretzel
OT
Didn't care that much for it.
She looks like she belongs in Pan's Labyrinth.

SFR

Mar 26, 2009
Ranooth said:
KnowYourOnion said:
On a more interesting note; OMG THE QUEEN LOOKED LIKE COLONEL MUSTARD!!!!

I would say she looked more like Big Duck from Sesame Street
Big Bird... I think you meant Big Bird.

So, I'm not to thrilled that the wedding cost 20 million pounds and was paid for by tax payer money (not sure how much, but still). I heard that 80 percent were against the wedding because of this. I don't blame them. It's not like the royal family does much in terms of governing... or anything for that matter. I'm not English, so my views aren't as personal as some, I'm sure.

ameemo

Apr 16, 2011
GameMaNiAC said:
I was quite disappointed by their kiss. I mean, it could've been more romantic or passionate. Instead, it was a very brief peck.
you're really into stuff like this huh? i'm not tryna be rude or anything, just interesting to see that's your complain about the wedding.

me on the other hand, found out about it yesterday and i honestly do not care, didn't even turn on the TV. Not a fan of stuff like this at all.