So...what games are ya'll playing?

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
Ocarina of Time 3D, Max Payne 2 on pc, occasional Skyrim on pc, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on Wiiu, and Divine Divinity is on hiatus for no good reason

DaWaffledude

Apr 23, 2011
CS:GO: Still can't connect to any servers, but playing against bots is still fun.

Dishonored: Mostly just playing Dunwall City Trials.

Star Wars: Battlefront II: Absolute classic.

Dragon Age: Origins: The game I'm actually playing from start to finish instead of jumping in when I have a few spare minutes. Quite enjoying it, it feels like KotOR with more complex (but clunkier) combat and a medieval-fantasy setting.

small

Aug 5, 2014
canadamus_prime said:
small said:
canadamus_prime said:
I'm playing though the new Delta Rising release for Star Trek: Online, and Hyrule Warriors. I've beaten the Legend Mode in Hyrule Warriors and am working on the Adventure Mode. Some of the missions are HARD.
how are you finding the new expansion? the patrol missions are definite padding and they screwed up stf's but otherwise not too bad in my opinion.
I haven't bought the expansion yet. Patrol missions sound boring.
they are for the most part although one stands out for the location. its one of the most stunning scenes ive seen in a game. a huge planet below you, sun rising over the horizon, a moon above. looks gorgeous.

sorry i meant the delta rising release, feels alot like a theme park ride of voyagers greatest hits

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Oh man, do I envy people who say they're enjoying Assassin's Creed 3.

I've been juggling between Velocity 2X, Dragon's Crown and I recently started this game called Rainbow Moon. I don't know much about it so I'm hoping it'll be worth my time.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
Warfarm (magic space ninjas!), Mark of the Ninja(traditional ninjas!), X-Com: EW, Blood of the Werewolf and Remember Me.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Auron225 said:
Remember Me - it's pretty fun. Basically Uncharted movement mechanics with Arkham Asylum combat, with a memory-based plot. I was a tad disappointed recently to find out that it was shorter than I previously thought.

I need to pick something else up soon though. Anyone want to make a recommendation from the following?

- Tales of Xillia (Played and loved Tales of Graces)
- FF13: Lightning Returns (Played FF13 & 13-2... alright overall, tempted to finish it all off)
- Dragon Age Origins (Just finished Mass Effect series - I hear it's similar, but fantasy rather than space)
- Sly Cooper series (I hear good things all in all - never played any of them)
- Uncharted 3 (Played the first 2 - pretty good fun)
- Ni no kuni: Wrath of the White witch (I like Studio Ghibli & RPG's)
- Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Ages (Never played a handheld Zelda game before but I hear these ones are good)
- Spec Ops: The Line (Not normally a fan of military shooters, but that's why I'm curious about this one)
- White Knight Chronicles (It's an RPG... that's all I know)
- Shadow of the Colossus (I really liked ICO)
-
- EDIT: Almost forgot... Persona Series (I hear very good things)

Any chance I dissuade you from purchasing Ni No Kuni? I bought it with the allure of Studio Ghibli and RPG's and I found the game... unplayable. It was tolerable when it was just Oliver (main character) but when friends join the party, the game becomes a cluttered mess.

Shadow of the Colossus gets my wholehearted recommendation.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
small said:
canadamus_prime said:
small said:
canadamus_prime said:
I'm playing though the new Delta Rising release for Star Trek: Online, and Hyrule Warriors. I've beaten the Legend Mode in Hyrule Warriors and am working on the Adventure Mode. Some of the missions are HARD.
how are you finding the new expansion? the patrol missions are definite padding and they screwed up stf's but otherwise not too bad in my opinion.
I haven't bought the expansion yet. Patrol missions sound boring.
they are for the most part although one stands out for the location. its one of the most stunning scenes ive seen in a game. a huge planet below you, sun rising over the horizon, a moon above. looks gorgeous.

sorry i meant the delta rising release, feels alot like a theme park ride of voyagers greatest hits
OH!! My mistake! Yes, it does feel like a theme park ride of Voyager's greatest hits. That's a very apt description. And yes, the patrol missions are boring. ...well, they're not bad. It just seems funny that they're set up like go to system, stuff happens, go to next system, more stuff happens, go to next system, even more stuff happens, done.
As for stf's I haven't played any yet since the new release came out. I should've released which game you were talking about when you mentioned stf's.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Because I seem to have a sadistic streak in me, I have decided to give Demon's Souls yet another go. I really like the wandering around killing stuff and finding treasures. But it is so frustrating when things start going wrong. Mind you, I did get a bit further than I did last time I rage quit and deleted my game.

I just go super murdered by The Tower Knight (I think he's called) and his gang of archers so I turned the game off before it annoyed me too much.

Leatherface515

Apr 4, 2010
Currently,playing a lot of Phantasy Star Online 2.
It's pretty much the only thing keeping my attention despite having a huge library of games on steam.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
Michael Tabbut said:
Dalisclock said:
Michael Tabbut said:
I've been playing Brutal Legend lately. I got the game on Steam 2 years ago but never really got that far in before forgetting about it. Recently reinstalled it and have been enjoying the fuck out of it.
Glad to meet someone else who actually enjoyed Brutal Legend. A lot of people act like because that game had some flaws, it's not good.
Stage battles take a while to get used to but otherwise it's a great game.
My complaint is that I would have liked *more* stage battles; there's like five in the entire game and the hack n' slash element is so repetitive (like, 3 or 4 combos and that's it repetitive) that I found myself wishing for them.

At least in stage battles - with the teaming up options/attacks with your units - there's more for Eddie to do.

Issurru

Jun 13, 2010
I might get some flak for it, but I've been playing Destiny almost exclusively since I got my ps4. It irks me to no end that there is almost literally zero story in the whole game and they tease you with all these "could be" stories about how awesome things have happened and all the epic battles that have occurred. But they tell you jack shit about it.

But the gameplay is so solid and I have never had as much of a frustratingly good time playing PVP in a game or even just screwing around with some of my buddies. Especially now that we can somewhat easily do the nightfalls every week and have just started the end game raid (which, I believe is garbage due to one friend who got his entire raid set in his first raid, and the fact that this last week I got nothing but shards and energy for when I, possibly, eventually, get my raid gear which I believe won't happen at this rate. ARGH Q _ Q)

Although when I'm finally done that, it'll be off to Infamous Second Son, Shadows of Mordor then probably Dragon Age because screw my massive backlog I was FINALLY working on, sigh

steodosic

Sep 11, 2014
Since 1997, I'm playing Civilization series and since 1999, Championship Manager / Football Manager series are also present on my PC or lap top :) The same is today. Although I don't have so much free time for playing games, I always manage somehow to find an hour or maybe more to play few turns or football games. In addition, I play Wind of Luck: Arena when I want to explore the sea :)

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
I've started dipping into WoW again what with the expansion coming out soon. I'm also playing Guild Wars 2 on and off.

I recently finished Alien Isolation, pretty good game although not that scary. I don't know if I'm a hoarder or what but I always had too much stuff which meant I couldn't pick up more stuff. Leaving loot behind hurts, this was on hard too.
Still I had fun.

Been playing Shadow of Mordor on and off as well. I've played it for almost ten hours and only done 4-5 main missions. Feels like I should probably get on with it so I can get that brain washing thing but it's just too much fun playing around with the nemesis system.

I've started playing Evil Within as well, but haven't gotten far enough to form any real opinion on it yet although I did not enjoy that first chapter, sequence, whatever, the whole Chainsaw Guy bit. Those black bars were killing me too. I don't know what it is about them but I had a real hard time taking in my surroundings with those things there, it felt like I couldn't really process what was in front of me.
It was really weird.
Luckily I'm playing on PC so I can just remove them.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
I'm playing Shadow of Mordor, Alien Isolation, Sleeping Dogs and Evil Within on PS4 and the final bit of Dark Souls 2 DLC on PS3. I didn't really got into Alien Isolation at first but then I knocked the difficulty down a level and the game really started to grow on me after a while. Not a game I can play for hours on end but definitely enjoyable in moderation. Kind of similarly like watching a movie for me.

Shadow of Mordor is great as some kind of orc hack&slasher but I must say after extended play it gets fairly repetitive killing those green fucks over and over. Cool and well done as it is with that kick-ass Nemesis System. Sleeping Dogs is a game I wanted to replay for a long time so what better version than the 'definitive version'.

I'm enjoying Evil Within the most of the bunch though. Absolutely loving that game. It's the closest retread of Resident Evil 4 since..well Resident Evil 4. :p RE4 probably remains my most favorite game of all time and this just feels so similair to that, yet it has enough differences to make it stand on its own. Anyways what's up with Japan always getting the cooler titles? Like Biohazard and Psychobreak sound way cooler than Resident Evil or Evil Within. Anything with 'evil' in the title is kinda lame but whatever.

RandySeth

Oct 25, 2014
Dalisclock said:
RandySeth said:
Dalisclock said:
Michael Tabbut said:
I've been playing Brutal Legend lately. I got the game on Steam 2 years ago but never really got that far in before forgetting about it. Recently reinstalled it and have been enjoying the fuck out of it.
Glad to meet someone else who actually enjoyed Brutal Legend. A lot of people act like because that game had some flaws, it's not good.
And a lot more people think that because it sneaked in RTS elements, it was awful.
Don't get me wrong. The Stage Battles could have been implemented far, far better and some of them are quite difficult(the first one with the drowning doom after the time skip was a tough one for me) but I still enjoyed the hell out of the game.
As did I (I had another comment stating that, but it didn't show up), because either way the battles went, you could jump right in to fix whatever major screw up you or your units made. Also, using the car mid-battle was a saving grace in my opinion.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
I recently picked up Darksiders II since it was free to Gold members and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it, despite being somewhat lukewarm on the first game. It's like a single player MMORPG, which is perfect for me, because for some reason I love MMORPGs, but I hate playing with other people.

Speaking of MMORPGs, I'm also playing Destiny and Final Fantasy XIV. I'm getting tired of Destiny though (been at level 27 for a month now) and don't know enough people to tackle the raid, so the expansion cannot come fast enough. FFXIV is FFXIV so I'm not likely to stop playing it anytime soon.

Super Smash Bros. 3DS, of course, because it's really the only game I have on my 3DS at the moment.

Lastly, I just picked up Bayonetta 2 on friday and I have been loving it. I always dig Platinum Games' work so I make sure to pick them all up when I can, and I'm glad I grabbed this one. Not terribly different from the first one, but then again, that doesn't really bother me.

So my cup nearly runneth over at this point, but I want to start the Pre-Sequel soon, but my roommate is being lame about getting on it with me. She's stuck on Destiny but I think she's getting bored with it too.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Sheo_Dagana said:
So my cup nearly runneth over at this point, but I want to start the Pre-Sequel soon, but my roommate is being lame about getting on it with me. She's stuck on Destiny but I think she's getting bored with it too.

Yeah, Density is a game that gets boring fast. The shooting is fun and satisfying but there is nothing really interesting, like, at all. Not the enemies, not the levels(even if some environments look really good) even the missions themselves are just repeating the same thing over and over. This game only stands on the quality of its mechanics.

I think this should have been a 20 dollar downloadable title instead of the overhyped empty promises it aimed for. Even the multiplayer wears thin quickly. I certainly don't see myself returning to it like I do Battlefield 4.

Rabbitboy

Apr 11, 2014
Recently I have been playing

PayDay 2. Started playing it again. Still a lot of fun

Tomb Raider (2013) It was only ?3,99 on steam last week. It didn't realy manage to engage me from the begining but once you can start exploring the environments more it becomes a lot more fun. Still have to finish it though.

Endless Space. I haven't completed a single game. I always get bored and start again.

Earlier today I also looked around the Free to play section on steam and downloaded Warface and Firefall. I have played a bit of the first one and think I might spend some more time on it, I will see when I get bored with it. I have yet to play Firefall.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
GloatingSwine said:
Ninja Gaiden 2 and Metal Gear Rising. Getting my spectacle fighter hand in before Amazon manage to deliver my copy of Bayonetta 2.
No, offense to you 'cos I see a lot of people call these games spectacle fighters but in what aspect are they spectacle fighters?

If you break it down, spectacle is an impressive show and fighter means a person who fights ... so shouldn't a spectacle fighter be things like street fighter? Never seen a hadouken thrown in a UFC fight!

I call MGS:R, Ninja Gaiden, bayonetta, DMC, GOW etc as hack and slash 'cos that is all you're doing. You're ranged attack is ineffective and only exists to carry on a combo and you use melee to do most of your damage. Melee weapons are usually swords, which you "hack and slash" with.

I would say a fighter is ufc, fight night etc spectacle fighters are skull girls, street fighter, Mortal Kombat, super smash whatever etc.

Just doesn't make sense to me.

On topic. I was playing Shadow of Mordor until I was interrupted by an intruder, so now I am getting my tycoon on in prison architect.