So what's the story behind YOUR avatar pic?

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
It's Krieger from Archer. I googled it. I think Archer is funny and I find Krieger amusing. That's pretty much it.
Edit: Jazz Hands

FirstNameLastName

Premium Fraud
Nov 6, 2014
I joined the forums and decided I didn't want the default avatar, so I found a picture of a fox. Everyone loves foxes, except maybe farmers ...

w23eer

Mar 13, 2014
It's Ragna the Bloodedge, the protagonist of Blazblue but drawn in chibi form. I just really like those games and, despite not being into anime stuff, I love the chibi style. That's it really.

spartenX

Oct 2, 2009
Genesic Gaogaigar from the anime Gaogaigar (specifically the sequel OVA, Gaogaigar Final). its my personal favorite super robot. I decided to google it for a picture to use as my avatar on here, and came across the picture you see as my avatar right now.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
My current one is just a picture of myself in a helmet I took about three or four years ago for a "what do you actually look like" thread. I was continuing and have continued the trend of my avatars being sideways/upside down from my original avatar because I think it's an interesting little gimmick.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Mine is She Who Must Not Be Named Eating Popcorn. Why? Because it amuses me.

In the future, I might change to Linkara Eating Popcorn, if I can be bothered to crop the image:

Although this reaction GIF is also calling my name:

So indecision will probably keep me with this for about 7 years. There is precedent there.

Mikeybb said:
I am a cockroach.
Holy crap. I never looked close at your avatar. I thought it was the guy from Despicable Me.

CrystalShadow said:
Presently I pushed the button again...
So...how long have you been stuck like that?

And yes, it is a catgirl.
Really hard to notice those are ears at Escapist Avatar Size.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Saetha said:
...What's the story behind your avatar?
I picked it because its distinctive, simple, and most forums not related to the franchise at hand rarely have a user with it, so I can be consistent and keep this one for most places. I've been using this one here, with some minor .gif tweaks here and there when I was a paying user, since I first signed up.

Saetha said:
Why'd you pick that picture?
It's the heraldry of the Federated Suns, my favorite faction (Yes, I'm one of those lame bastards) from Battletech, which is, in turn, my favorite Giant Robot franchise.

Saetha said:
How'd you find it?
Well, I got Mechwarrior 3 for Christmas, along with a brand new computer. I loved it to death, so I soon got Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries and started reading the Battletech book series. Then I got the actual table top game. Somewhere in that series of events I guess. Plus, you know, Google image search.

Saetha said:
Were you just too lazy to change it from the default pic? (I was in that boat for a while)
Like I said, I have always used this avatar here (I'm a big believe in consistent image, though I begrudge no one who mixes it up). My first forum avatar ever, over all, was this, if I recall.

Its the heraldry of the Ice Hellions, another Battletech faction. It dates back to when I was first getting into the franchise, but wasn't 100% into it yet, so I didn't know the factions so well. I just picked one that looked cool.

Saetha said:
Were you just too lazy to change it from the default pic? (I was in that boat for a while)
Never. Avatar changes are always the first thing I do when I join a forum. Identity is important.

Saetha said:
Tell your story!
I did.

Saetha said:
Swap with others!
No, I like my story and my avatar. Get your own.

Saetha said:
Or ignore me completely!
Crap, too late for that...

Saetha said:
I possess no ability to compel you to do anything!
That is a comfort.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
On other forums I used to have a really neat animated avatar, but I get the feeling the subject material wouldn't really be kosher around here. So instead I decided to proudly display the fact that I'm a Juggalo by having an artist's rendition of the Sixth Joker's Card - The Wraith - as my avatar.

As for the animated avatar I mentioned before, here's a hint: it's related to the first badge in my lineup and represents something that I truly enjoy. :3

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
My avatar is me.
If I remember correctly it's from 2010 and it's me in a Liverppol shirt holding a LFC scarf, in Liverpool.
Since that pic was taken it has worked as my avatar/picture in socialmedia and forums.

Befor that it was a picture of me playing snooker. Those are the two I have used here.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
Something Amyss said:
Although this reaction GIF is also calling my name:

Does anyone know where this image is from? Because I have a hard time believing this is real (even though it looks very real).

One would think that the world would collapse into some sort of 'SJW singularity' if those two women ever found themselves in the same room as each other, nevermind sitting on the same couch.

Evil Moo

Always Watching...
Feb 26, 2011
My avatar is a vaguely eye based thing that I made ages ago for a different forum. I think I have used it or something based on it since I registered here. It goes kind of nicely with the eye/aperture based badges I feel.

I use it because I am watching you. Even if I don't post often, I am watching.

Zen Bard

Eats, Shoots and Leaves
Sep 16, 2012
Something Amyss said:
I came here specifically to learn the story of your avatar, and was not disappointed!

Thought that might be Her, but was unsure since I have never seen a picture of her smiling.

OT: I recently changed mine to Spider Jerusalem, the hero of Transmetropolitan - one of the best graphic novels I've ever read.

He's basically Hunter S. Thompson in the future.

I had initially used this one since it was a closer representation of my username. But the older I get, the more I appreciate the Zen of HST's wisdom

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Something Amyss said:
In the future, I might change to Linkara Eating Popcorn, if I can be bothered to crop the image:

For some reason, this looks to me like a changed welsh flag

If only Linkara was red...

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
Mine is from Madoka Magica, specifically the opening sequence from the two compilation films, because I'm a huge Madoka fan.

I simply took out the background and made it loop better.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
IceForce said:
Does anyone know where this image is from? Because I have a hard time believing this is real (even though it looks very real).
Not a clue. I just think it's awesome.

One would think that the world would collapse into some sort of 'SJW singularity' if those two women ever found themselves in the same room as each other, nevermind sitting on the same couch.
They should probably avoid my tasteful, empowering slashfic then.

(Disclaimer: I don't do slashfic of anyone, let alone them)

Zen Bard said:
Something Amyss said:
I came here specifically to learn the story of your avatar, and was not disappointed!

Thought that might be Her, but was unsure since I have never seen a picture of her smiling.
The legends of my people say it happens once every blue moon.

OT: I recently changed mine to Spider Jerusalem, the hero of Transmetropolitan - one of the best graphic novels I've ever read.

He's basically Hunter S. Thompson in the future.
With a gun that can make people evacuate their bowels.

DoPo said:
For some reason, this looks to me like a changed welsh flag

If only Linkara was red...
If only the dragon was eating popcorn....

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
Zen Bard said:
Something Amyss said:

Not uncommon. Quite a number of people have said that they're unsure if it was really Her. Though I don't think it has anything to do with Her smiling or not, but rather it has to do with the fact that She's not wearing her usual and trademark plaid shirt in that picture.

Wuvlycuddles

Oct 29, 2009
It's Stouffer the Cat from the Harry Hill Show, which I watched when I was like 11 or 12. Used to think it was hilarious, have no idea if it still is, but I remember Stouffer being my favourite part!

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
I like to imagine my avatar is reacting to what I write so I like the idea of Léon Prunelle from a Franco-Belgian comic 'Gaston' going 'WTF is she writing now?'.

Although I do identify with Prunelle and his journey towards an inevitable nervous breakdown a lot.

Zen Bard

Eats, Shoots and Leaves
Sep 16, 2012
IceForce said:
Zen Bard said:
Something Amyss said:

Not uncommon. Quite a number of people have said that they're unsure if it was really Her. Though I don't think it has anything to do with Her smiling or not, but rather it has to do with the fact that She's not wearing her usual and trademark plaid shirt in that picture.
Oh there are plenty of pictures of Her wearing something other than Her trademark plaid. I mean, the fist ten Google search images will give us that.

I've just never seen her look anything but super serious and dire. Although she probably has good reason to these days.

Then again, she WAS on Colbert, once. And smiling.

Hmmm...I sense a potential future avatar.